Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by childishidealism View Post
    It's not just yahoo. Gmail is doing the same thing for some people, including me.
    This is happening to me as well with both Yahoo and gMail. Sometimes it is requesting the password for messaging and sometime for email. Sometimes, not at all and everything is working fine. I usually don't re-enter the password and just wait until it works it out by itself.

I haven't noticed an associated battery drain.
    IIIxe > Tungsten T > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Just started getting notifications about twice/day from Contacts to re-enter my Yahoo password. I'd click the notification, Contacts comes up, I enter password, it accepts it and syncs just fine. Then later in the day the same thing happens.

I looked at my profile on Yahoo and found two entries for "Yahoo! Mobile". I removed one, so we'll see whether that has any effect. (another thread says remove the iPhone one, I don't have one, never have)

webOS 1.4.1.1
    I, like many others, have this happen often for Yahoo accounts, and have never really seen any resolution. The problem does appear on Yahoo's end. It is rather annoying.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Seems to have gone away. Can't tell whether it's what I did or some change on the Yahoo end.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I was having this problem too but i think i found the solution...remove the email acount from your phone...then go to your email on the computer, then go to acount info, click on "Manage Apps and Website Connections" you should see 3 options.
    remove them and then add your email again on your phone.
    please let me know if this helps. thanks.
    Last edited by papla; 08/21/2010 at 12:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I just got my first WebOS phone, a Pixi Plus on PagePlus (Verizon network). I am having a very hard time getting my paid Yahoo account working. I've tried every trick I've found, and I still get all kinds of authentication error messages. I've seen at least four different ones.
    The frustrating part is that it will sometimes work the first time after I try a new setting (such as taking the palm. off the front of the smtp setting). But it never lasts for more than a minute or two. I have at one time received email, sent email, updated my contacts and updated my calendar, but never all at once without something complaining about invalid security tokens, account locked, invalid username, password, etc.

I've reflashed with WebOS doctor, I've deleted and recreated the account five times, I've deleted the synergy and palm application settings in the Yahoo administrative interface.

In my searches, it looks like Yahoo mail has been a problem since the Pre launch. I can't believe what a pain this is.
    I know this sounds unrelated.... I had similar problems until I changed my yahoo password from 3 characters to 8 chars. That fixed it for me.
    Sorry to hear that some of you are still having so many issues with this. It's been working for me for quite some time now and so I thought all has been resolved. Anyways, here's what I'm running and some of my settings, and hopefully, it may help some of you:

1. Yahoo Mail - This is my main email (Default Email) that I rely on everyday. (Work email on Exchange is secondary, and Gmail and AIM are tertiary.) My settings are:
    Mail Type: IMAP
    Incoming Mail Server: palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    UserName: full address including @yahoo.com
    Encryption: SSL
    Port#: 993
    Outgoing Mail Server: palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use Authentication: ON
    UserName: full address including @yahoo.com
    Encryption: SSL
    Port#: 465

2. Yahoo Contacts - I rely on this but it's not my default. Google is better for this, since I can create and edit contacts. <Rant>I wished Yahoo made their contacts two-way syncing with WebOS, but unfortunately for now, it only syncs in one direction- read-only.</Rant> There's no special settings here.

3. Yahoo IM - It is active but I rarely use it.

4. Yahoo Calendar - again, Google is my Default one, but Yahoo Calendar is active. There is no settings on the phone itself, but I did sign up for the Yahoo! Calendar Beta a while back (quoted area below).

Also, I have the Yahoo Plus service, which I've paid about $20/yr for. I don't ever get the annoying prompt for password that often. But when it does come up (twice in a year), I just ignore it, I think. And it seems to just fixes itself.

5. One more thing that might have helped. I had an 8 character password before all in alpha characters. I've since changed to a more complex one (alphanumeric). I don't know if this was a factor, but worth noting. It would make sense if Yahoo is doing some special security thing on their end.

Hope that helps.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ghwin View Post
    Okay, so here is the update so far.

1. After signing up with Yahoo! Calendar Beta, that seems to have helped, with a few minor quirks (see 2 and 3).

2. Every few days, my Yahoo! Contacts, or Calendar, or Email would require me to type in my password again. I think this might be due to Yahoo!'s tendency to expire the cookie password. Re-typing in the password fixes the problem for a while.

3. Then maybe every 2-4 weeks (didn't really keep count), Yahoo! password from 2 above wouldn't take. Even if I type in the correct password, it would keep telling me I have the wrong password. To fix this problem, I just log into Yahoo! from my computer, sign-out, then re-sign back in. Then when I type my Yahoo! password on the Pre, it works, just like that. Go figure.

So for now, I have Yahoo! Contacts, Calendar, and Email co-habitating on my Pre. I haven't tried Yahoo! IM yet so don't know how this changes things. I'll get to it eventually and will post results.
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    any solutions? Im going to subscribe to this thread.
    Happens to me all the time. If I look at the password field on the Pre, it's only 6 characters when in reality it's 9. Somehow the Pre is "forgetting" the password.

The resolution is to go to your computer and through your browser, log in to your Yahoo account. Then go back to the Pre and don't change anything, just go to your email and re-sync all folders. Should work.

It's a PITA but it works. I have an escalation with Yahoo at the moment, we'll see if they come up with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewT3 View Post
    I just got my first WebOS phone, a Pixi Plus on PagePlus (Verizon network). I am having a very hard time getting my paid Yahoo account working. I've tried every trick I've found, and I still get all kinds of authentication error messages. I've seen at least four different ones.
    The frustrating part is that it will sometimes work the first time after I try a new setting (such as taking the palm. off the front of the smtp setting). But it never lasts for more than a minute or two. I have at one time received email, sent email, updated my contacts and updated my calendar, but never all at once without something complaining about invalid security tokens, account locked, invalid username, password, etc.

I've reflashed with WebOS doctor, I've deleted and recreated the account five times, I've deleted the synergy and palm application settings in the Yahoo administrative interface.

In my searches, it looks like Yahoo mail has been a problem since the Pre launch. I can't believe what a pain this is.
    Same error here. Works for about 30 minutes then fails until I go to a browser and log in, then go back to Pre and authenticates fine....for about 30 minutes. Vicious cycle. I've logged an escalation with Yahoo. To make it worse, it only happened to me after I paid for Mail Plus, since they say you cannot access Y Mail through a 3rd party client (including cell phones) unless it's paid (although that has not been my experience in the past).

I have a yahoo.ca account which is further complicating things, and when I have contacted Yahoo's tech support they don't seem to know anything.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234