webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Yahoo keeps prompting to re-enter password
Yahoo keeps prompting to re-enter password

Old 11/23/2009, 09:57 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zylo47 View Post
Just an update from my previous post... still getting the re-enter password prompt after trying chichi and un_designer's suggestions. It's less frequent it seems, but i'm still getting it at least once / day.

Perhaps mark2jas is on to something though...
Well I was working fine and then the next day I decided to at yahoo sync to my "contacts" and low and behold I got the silly re-enter password notification, so I removed yahoo from "contacts" only and it hasnt happened since. I have my mail, calendar, and IM working perfect.

Suggestion.. when u get the error the next time click it>then see where it takes you (contacts,calendar, or messaging)>then from there go to prefs and remove the account. then check to see if yahoo account is still valid in your other syncable apps such as mail, and IM for me in my case. If they are still there then you know that yahoo is not syncing all the way with that particular application (in my case contacts) I have not attempted to re add it to contacts as of yet since everything else is working fine. I will try again sometime when I am on my wifi connection and not using my phone for anything (sync take a rather long time for contacts esp if u have alot) I noticed last time only 760 of my 1054 contacts synced last time so I thing an error occurred b4 it could finish and setup properly thus giving me the error.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2009, 10:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

I just got off the phone with Sprint... After three calls and about an hour (insert pulling out my hair smiley...lol), they directed me to the same thing about signing up for Yahoo Calendar Beta, but I really didn't expect it to work. I was having the same problem on my old Pre with gMail (i forgot to remove my patches before upgrading to 1.3.1 and it fried the rom so they replaced it monday). Anyway, I tried it and about an hour later it's still doing it...

I don't really use Yahoo for anything but IM so the contacts and email don't make much difference. It also aggrivates me that it kicks me out of the Yahoo Messaging program on my computer whenever it logs in on the phone. I just uninstalled all of my Yahoo accounts from the phone and maybe I'll try again tomorrow or something. I really hope they get the thing resolved so that i can be logged in to my phone and my computer at the same time like it does with Google Chat.
vinceanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2009, 04:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

nothing new on this??? nobody has any other ideas? this is REALLY aggravating the hell out of me now!!!
Old 11/30/2009, 09:44 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceanderson View Post
...It also aggrivates me that it kicks me out of the Yahoo Messaging program on my computer whenever it logs in on the phone. I just uninstalled all of my Yahoo accounts from the phone and maybe I'll try again tomorrow or something. I really hope they get the thing resolved so that i can be logged in to my phone and my computer at the same time like it does with Google Chat.
Isn't this a Yahoo IM limitation? I could never have two IM computer sessions going. The current one would kick out any previous active session. So I'd imagine it would treat the Pre as just another client and kick out the other active (computer) session.

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
ghwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2009, 09:48 PM   #45 (permalink)

As far a password problems, I am still getting prompts for my Yahoo! Contacts. It is frustrating to no end. But I just swipe away the notification and just ignore it for now since I don't need any syncing with contacts as of yet. I'm afraid to remove Yahoo! Contacts altogether as I have 75% of my contacts on Yahoo!. For now, I'm still struggling with other problems (slowness and power-drain).

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
Old 12/06/2009, 06:51 AM   #46 (permalink)

I'm having the same issue. The request for password was coming from contacts, so I deleted the contacts yahoo account. That did not affect my yahoo email. Seems to have worked, but it's early.

Last edited by sobud; 12/06/2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: more info
sobud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2009, 06:58 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobud View Post
I'm having the same issue. The request for password was coming from contacts, so I deleted the contacts yahoo account. That did not affect my yahoo email. Seems to have worked, but it's early.
did you read through this thread there are a few things you can try just read back a ways
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/06/2009, 06:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

I just tried deleting the Yahoo contacts account. It left the email account and seems to have fixed the issue. I don't use the Yahoo contacts anyway.
sobud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2009, 02:10 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwin View Post
Isn't this a Yahoo IM limitation? I could never have two IM computer sessions going. The current one would kick out any previous active session. So I'd imagine it would treat the Pre as just another client and kick out the other active (computer) session.
Yeah, and I think that's a big part of why I kept getting the password prompts. I haven't logged in to the yahoo messenger from my computer in a couple weeks and I haven't peen prompted for a password either! This morning I logged in to the messenger on my computer and there you go... yahoo prompts all over again. I hope Yahoo can change it to allow us to be logged in to both the computer and the phone at the same time. That might help to resolve these issues.

For anybody else, have you tried logging out of Yahoo Messenger from your computer? Did it make a difference?
Old 12/07/2009, 02:24 PM   #50 (permalink)

Okay, so here is the update so far.

1. After signing up with Yahoo! Calendar Beta, that seems to have helped, with a few minor quirks (see 2 and 3).

2. Every few days, my Yahoo! Contacts, or Calendar, or Email would require me to type in my password again. I think this might be due to Yahoo!'s tendency to expire the cookie password. Re-typing in the password fixes the problem for a while.

3. Then maybe every 2-4 weeks (didn't really keep count), Yahoo! password from 2 above wouldn't take. Even if I type in the correct password, it would keep telling me I have the wrong password. To fix this problem, I just log into Yahoo! from my computer, sign-out, then re-sign back in. Then when I type my Yahoo! password on the Pre, it works, just like that. Go figure.

So for now, I have Yahoo! Contacts, Calendar, and Email co-habitating on my Pre. I haven't tried Yahoo! IM yet so don't know how this changes things. I'll get to it eventually and will post results.

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
Old 12/07/2009, 03:08 PM   #51 (permalink)

I was having the same issue with one(1) of my two(20 gmail accounts until the new update. However, now one(1) of my two(2) yahoo accounts was asking for email, messenger calendar, etc. account information individually. All for the same yahoo account. When I went into my yahoo email account to update I noticed that the number of characters for my password was different than what the character amount should have been, as if someone typed in a fake password. I typed in the correct password, but the same thing happened later. I then deleted all my yahoo accounts (email, calendar, contacts, etc) for that one account, then reentered everything manually. Since then, I've had no issues. Granted its only been one day, but we will see.
brian.johnson115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2009, 07:49 AM   #52 (permalink)

I noticed that many people have been having the password re-enter problem around Yahoo, but i don't use yahoo and I can't enter a password on anything now. My bank, AAA or anything with a password, when I try to log on, it does nothing. I removed patches, rebooted, all the normal things. It seemed to mess up after 1.3.1. Any suggestions?
stiggyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2009, 07:59 AM   #53 (permalink)

Im unable to use Yahoo Mail! (free) on my Pre's Email app, no matter what I use when configuring (Yahoo!, IMAP, POP) get different errors, but the most often - "Login Credentials Rejected". Nothing works...

Same situation was in 1.1.3...
pman_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2009, 08:24 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggyc View Post
I noticed that many people have been having the password re-enter problem around Yahoo, but i don't use yahoo and I can't enter a password on anything now. My bank, AAA or anything with a password, when I try to log on, it does nothing. I removed patches, rebooted, all the normal things. It seemed to mess up after 1.3.1. Any suggestions?
try deleting web browser cache and cookies. Open browser swip down top left go into preferences and scroll down hit clear cache and cookies. This may help.
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2009, 08:40 AM   #55 (permalink)

Same problem here. Yahoo is great at breaking their protocols (see pidgin dev list). I only use it to talk to dad. I think I'm going to make him set up an AIM account instead.
knobbysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/11/2009, 11:03 AM   #56 (permalink)

I kept having the same problem - seriously, Yahoo needs to update its policies to allow multiple-logins to IM (like Gchat), longer authentication periods, etc.

I finally had to delete my Yahoo accounts to get rid of this problem. A pity - I'm a former Yahoo mail user (switched to Gmail a couple of years ago), and I was hoping I'd use Yahoo more regularly through this.
gryfone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2009, 09:01 PM   #57 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem. My e-mail won't sync and or bring down my messages. Really frustrating because I use Yahoo for a lot and was looking forward to the Synergy of Yahoo. This is the first big problem with my pre and I hate that I can't get email on it any more! is this a widespread problem or just lucky individuals???

Thanks for the suggestions, nothing has fixed it yet!
andyd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2009, 04:46 AM   #58 (permalink)

Well in my case Yahoo contacts is perfectly working, although it's a shame that it's still just one way download from Yahoo to pre and not sync.

But Calendar is not syncing at all, unless i erase all the appoints on web and i add them manually. And still in that case it synced for the 60 days after and then nothing more is synced afterwords.

For yahoo email, apart it being only Pop on my Pre, i would love it Imap so to see all my folders, but at the same time it asks me to re-enter password everytime i enter the mail app to check for mail....not so practical...
memfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/29/2009, 06:01 PM   #59 (permalink)

I've tried almost every possible solution on this thread and nothing worked. But today, I updated to WebOs 1.3.5 and now, no issues with password requests. Hopefully it lasts.
reed4richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2009, 07:06 AM   #60 (permalink)

I removed my Yahoo IM, and it seemed to have gone away. Just so happens I also installed 1.3.5 the same day. So, that's probably an inconclusive result. I might add the IM back today and see what happens.
bcumings is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0