webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Synergy and Synchronization > Yahoo keeps prompting to re-enter password
Yahoo keeps prompting to re-enter password

Old 11/16/2009, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

it happened to me in 1.2.1 and i didn't realize that you have to enter your password twice when it asks you to reenter it. the screen that pops up with your username and password scrolls down and you have to enter it again at the bottom. try that
joetemp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 01:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

its not that, I have it entered twice. It has been doing it since the update and the new yahoo messenger app. I took yahoo out of my apps for now and it has stopped
Mikecp421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 05:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

I keep getting the login in message for my Yahoo contacts as well since 1.3.1. I also notice a significant battery drain and the Pre is warm to the touch.
treotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 05:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

flcabrio posted this info below in another forum. I too was getting the password message and seeing crazy battery drain. When I removed Yahoo contacts, everything went back to normal and battery life seems equal to or slightly better than just before the update.

I was very happy with my battery life before I added Yahoo contacts. I could go about 2 days without having to charge. As soon as I added Yahoo contacts, my battery started draining like crazy, so I ran a little experiment.

With Yahoo contacts added:
11/14 2am - 54%
11/15 7am - woke to dead battery. (only 5 hours later.....not good)

Removed Yahoo contacts:
11/15 10:30am - 95%
11/15 6:30pm - 70% (8 hours later.......much better)

Readded Yahoo contacts:
11/15 6:30 pm - 70%
11/15 10:30 pm - 24% (only 4 hours - Definitely draining fast)

Removed Yahoo contacts and recharged

11/16 7am - 100%
11/16 3:30pm - 76% (8 1/2 hours later - good battery life)

Yahoo contacts is definitely the culprit. I really wish it would work, because I use Yahoo for everything, but I can't be charging my battery every 4 hours. Palm still has some work to do.
robbys22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 05:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

My facebook login is the same as my yahoo email and I'm wondering if that is why it keeps asking for the password. I did not add my facebook account but did add yahoo and when it was syncing yahoo it said Facebook sync in progress beside the purple Y!. Is anyone else who is having problems with the password using the yahoo email as the facebook login name?
writetowade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/16/2009, 09:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

I had this problem on the first day after I updated my pre to 1.3.1 and my battery drained extremely fast. I tried using webOS doctor to restore my pre to 1.2.1 and updated to 1.3.1 again but this problem still occurred. Then for some reasons, the problem was gone last night.
neeranat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 09:00 AM   #27 (permalink)

I have had the problem intermittently. Last Friday I was unable to access Y! Mail all day. I have tried entering and re-entering a password without success.

I did try the earlier suggestion of logging out and logging in again in a desktop web browser and that worked for a while (maybe a couple of days) but then it re-appeared again this a.m.

Question for robbys22 : How do you remove contacts? I don't believe that I use Y! Contacts (not in my app list) but want to be certain.

Question for Mikecp421: I also hear reference to removing the new Yahoo Messenger app. Where is this one? I did a search and don't see it on my app list.

This is extremely frustrating after it worked so well for so long. I am ready to finally move over to Gmail after 10 years if this one doesn't get worked out fast.
gkouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 11:00 AM   #28 (permalink)

Since 1.3.1 my battery is only lasting around 5-6 hrs. I did add Yahoo Synergy since the update!
ksavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 11:27 AM   #29 (permalink)

Gkouri - To remove contacts, open the main contact screen. Tap the "Contacts" menu, then open "Preferences & Accounts." Under the 2nd heading you'll see a list of accounts. Tap whichever one you want to remove and on the next screen you'll see a red "Remove Account" button. Tap that and your pre will start erasing the contacts associated with that account.
robbys22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009, 11:30 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
IHow do you remove contacts? I don't believe that I use Y! Contacts (not in my app list) but want to be certain.
Pull up your Contacts app. Pull down your menu and click on "Preferences & Accounts". If you have Yahoo contacts loaded, you'll see it there.

I deleted my Yahoo contacts account and now everything works fine. The battery still seems to drain a little faster than with 1.2.1, but not as bad as when I had Yahoo contacts loaded and kept getting "re-enter your password" messages.

I'm hoping Yahoo or Palm fixes the Yahoo contacts issue or announces a solution. Until then, I'm living without my Yahoo contacts.
treotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2009, 03:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

Folks,

I think I may have found a fix to the problem. I too had the message that my Yahoo password was rejected and my Pre would become really hot and battery drains in 4-5 hours. Really frustrating. But I found this on forums.palm.com:

Yahoo Logon Credentials rejected - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community

You will need to switch to the new Yahoo Beta Calendar. Go here to sign up.
Presenting the All-New Yahoo! Calendar BETA

Then from a web browser on your desktop/laptop, sign-out and re-sign-in to Yahoo.

If you are still having problems, drop either Yahoo contacts, calendar, then re-create these accounts.

It's working for me so far.

- Greg
ghwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: chichi
Old 11/18/2009, 05:15 PM   #32 (permalink)

I've been using Yahoo Calendar Beta from the get-go and am still having issues. I also am only getting the re-enter password issue on my contacts, which I definitely think is the problem.

Also, when I first set up Yahoo Calendar sync it was two-way (even though Palm says it's supposed to be one-way. Given the slowness I unlinked everything (which took an entire freakin' afternoon) and then relinked. The Calendar became one-way at this point and now everything about my Pre is slower and I keep getting asked to re-enter my password every couple hours.

Question: if I delete just Yahoo contacts, does everything else delete? I thought all of one particular sync functionality was linked.

No pain, no progress.
viharsheth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2009, 02:23 PM   #33 (permalink)

I think un_designer might be right (at least for former iPhone users) because when I had the iPhone I had set it up to get my Yahoo mail and since then I've been getting weird issues with iMail not being able to retrieve my POP3 Yahoo mail and also I would get an error 5 when logging into Yahoo's web mail a lot.

If you don't hear back from me, that means his solution worked... for me at least.
zylo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2009, 02:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwin View Post
Folks,

I think I may have found a fix to the problem. I too had the message that my Yahoo password was rejected and my Pre would become really hot and battery drains in 4-5 hours. Really frustrating. But I found this on forums.palm.com:

Yahoo Logon Credentials rejected - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community

You will need to switch to the new Yahoo Beta Calendar. Go here to sign up.
Presenting the All-New Yahoo! Calendar BETA

Then from a web browser on your desktop/laptop, sign-out and re-sign-in to Yahoo.

If you are still having problems, drop either Yahoo contacts, calendar, then re-create these accounts.

It's working for me so far.

- Greg
So far this has been working for me since about 11:30am and now it is 3:40pm and not one re-enter your password notification! Also my yahoo IM has been working and is now showing my buddies along side my AIM and Gchat. I havent checked to see if it has synced w/ calendar, or contacts (i just linked YIM contacts manually myself as I recieved chats) and I dont want to jinx myself but Im afraid to reboot my phone or if tommorows login into messenger will recreate the problem. If I dont post back my problem is solved if I do then I will repost.

It did take rather long to log in to IM once i added YIM but hopefully this was a onetime thing since it was the first log in ever and needed to pull all my contacts and information which should now be readily avail.
chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2009, 05:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Apparently, this only worked for a little while. After 1 day, it started asking for the password again (like it had lost it). After I provided the password, it worked fine. Then today, day 2, it's downright rejecting my password.

'm gonna look to see if this is a special case issue. Maybe it's because I have only 7 characters in the password, or because I am using aliases (I have 3, which I can use any of them to sign into Yahoo!). We'll see.

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
Old 11/20/2009, 05:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Looks like whenever my password gets rejected, it would keep rejecting until I go into Yahoo! Mail from a computer web browser, sign-out, then sign back in. Then from my Palm Pre, I input the password again and it would work. I know this because my email begins to resync again. Btw, this affects not just calendar, but Yahoo! email and contacts as well.

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
Old 11/20/2009, 09:19 PM   #37 (permalink)

I too have been having rejected password issues but they were happening even before my "upgrade" to 1.3.1 - I would have to remove and re-add the yahoo account (for mail). Now, I was so excited to have yahoo calendar support... emphasizing "was"... because it simply does not work. I'd been "synching" for hour before I decided to remove and re-add my yahoo calendar credentials. Again, "Yahoo Synching" with no end in sight. I guess I'll have to keep my Google calendar on my Pre for now.
Jefola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/20/2009, 09:29 PM   #38 (permalink)

Where are you guys located?? My phone only prompts me to re-enter my password if the data connection is interrupted
mark2jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2009, 02:57 PM   #39 (permalink)

Just an update from my previous post... still getting the re-enter password prompt after trying chichi and un_designer's suggestions. It's less frequent it seems, but i'm still getting it at least once / day.

Perhaps mark2jas is on to something though...
zylo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/22/2009, 07:18 PM   #40 (permalink)

Well it has quit asking for my password for some reason. I really don't know what compination of events got it to stop. I'm still frustrated because the Yahoo Calendar does not sync at all though. All the other yahoo info seems to be ok, just not calendar...the one thing I need the most.
writetowade is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0