Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm one of the many that never used Gmail prior to having the Pre. I've always been a hardcore Yahoo! Now that Yahoo is integrated with Palm's Synergy (with 1.3.1), I want to ditch my Google account. What is the best way to make the switch?

A) Do I wipe my Pre (WebOS Dr.)?
    B) Do I delete my individual Google accounts in the preferences for Calender and Contacts?
    C) What about the 'Partial Erase' and 'Full Erase' options in the Device Info?

I would appreciate everyone's opinion, and would like to know who else is going to make the move, or for that matter, keep both synergized.

I'm leaning towards starting fresh with WebOS Dr. What do you think?

Thanks
    Last edited by RafRol; 11/14/2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Delete the Google accounts first or they will reappear after you login to your Palm profile. But, you don't need to Doctor do do an erase, just removing the accounts will do it.
    BE CAREFUL!!! IT DOES NOT SEEM THAT SYNERGY SUPPORTS TWO WAY SYNC WITH YAHOO!!! I would hold off on removing your google account until this is updated...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I'm one of the many that never used Gmail prior to having the Pre. I've always been a hardcore Yahoo! Now that Yahoo is integrated with Palm's Synergy (with 1.3.1), I want to ditch my Google account. What is the best way to make the switch?

A) Do I wipe my Pre (WebOS Dr.)?
    B) Do I delete my individual Google accounts in the preferences for Calender and Contacts?
    C) What about the 'Partial Erase' and 'Full Erase' options in the Device Info?

I would appreciate everyone's opinion, and would like to know who else is going to make the move, or for that matter, keep both synergized.

I'm leaning towards starting fresh with WebOS Dr. What do you think?

Thanks
    You dont have to delete anything. Just export all your contacts from gmail to yahoo and delete your gmail profile from the accounts setting. But be forewarned as i stated above...right now there doesn't seem to be two way syncing with yahoo yet...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions