Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I'm so glad for Yahoo sync.
    Any other yahoo e-mail users glad for this?

I was wondering why contacts weren't syncing when I first got the phone... but now I'm glad so I can use e-mail more freely.

Just wanted to create a positive thread where an update finally serves my usage. Next thing I'm looking for is video recording update and hopefully oreo fix update.
    I personally don't user yahoo, but know someone wo does.

she was relunctant to open a gmail account just for calendar syncing, and now with 1.3.1, I am sure she will be much happier with her yahoo

maybe this is the reason why yahoo users have been having credential errors on the pre lately..perhaps a sever side change going into effect soon (or already implemented)
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    egg-zagg-t-Lee
    yackk.. i was waiting for msn .!!
    I'm torn right now.

When the phone first came out without Yahoo sync I tried the switch to Gmail. I made the move and I'm enjoying Gmail very much, however, I don't know if I'm ready to completly let go of Yahoo.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Though I prefer more manual control, this is cool.
    No worries of calender and yahoo address book being input into my pre.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsly View Post
    I'm torn right now.

When the phone first came out without Yahoo sync I tried the switch to Gmail. I made the move and I'm enjoying Gmail very much, however, I don't know if I'm ready to completly let go of Yahoo.
    You can stop using gmail and start Yahoo back , whats the big deal.

Personally I prefer Yahoo over Gmail.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah... I'm used to Yahoo quite a lot. I personally like it, and g-mail doesn't have the username that I want. =/
    I am super excited for Yahoo. I don't use the yahoo calendar (although I may start to), but I am really happy about the contact integration!
    MSN MSN MSN, i want that one!
    I use yahoo but my email experience on the pre has been pretty bad wirh yahoo. I often have to delete and readd the account to work properly so I fear a sync with yahoo would create more issues than it would solve.
    I use yahoo IM alot, though i'm probably going to have to break down and get one of the big batteries now, cause i'm sure it will be a worse drain than i already have.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    How will this effect me? I have been using Yahoo for years, but started a Google account to use it so I could sync my contacts & calendar from Outlook to Google using Gsyncit so that my phone is up to date. I have my Yahoo email being checked by my phone too. My Outlook is for work, but has all my yahoo contacts as well, but my yahoo doesn't have all my work contacts. Will I be ok, or will there be a bunch of duplicates created by this? Also, Yahoo's email has been working pretty poorly lately and I'm talking about my computer expirence, I don't know what yahoo is doing, but I hope it is something that is going to be fixed.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    ...GCR!