Page 1 of 13 123456 11 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think now we are entitled to whine, *****, complain and any other fitting adjective you can think of.

http://www.precentral.net/review-facebook-app-webos

** Palm and ** Facebook.

Edit: Full page users and naysers need not post.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    go to preware and get the FREE "PalmBook" pretty decent FB app, only problem I have found is that i can't seem to figure out how to; Read, see or post comments on photos? other than that it does just about EVRYTHING that it should!!!
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    lets not. calm down, its just facebook.
    +1....the last thing I want is my phone to constantly feed me notifications every time a person on my friend list makes a status update.

Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I'm dissapointed.

especially when palm and sprint marketed this phone to be a facebook synergy phone. Not sure why it took so long to come out with this lame app. It looks pretty generic and it seems like they didn't spend a lot of time on it. If thats the case...they should of released this app on launch day! Perhaps then I wouldn't have to complain about it.

end morning rant.
    I still don't see the real need for a Facebook app. The mobile website works fine for me, and if I need more, I can always use the desktop version. I would rather see Palm focus on the bigger rocks...GPU support, Flash, calendar, etc.
    Grr! I'm not happy about this either. The Pre should have excellent Facebook and MySpace apps.

Has anyone used 'Facebook for iPhone' or for Blackberry? I wonder what they're like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yGhOsT View Post
    I still don't see the real need for a Facebook app. The mobile website works fine for me, and if I need more, I can always use the desktop version. I would rather see Palm focus on the bigger rocks...GPU support, Flash, calendar, etc.
    Problem is, this is indicative of what Palm achieves when they take time and "focus" on a problem. It's a feature-poor effort that homebrew developers with less resources were able to surpass in a fraction of the time.

How much confidence does that give you that Palm is going to address the "bigger rocks" any better?
    Last edited by mikah912; 11/12/2009 at 09:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Agree 100%. I am looking forward to having it, if only because despite having cookies turned on the Pre browser can't keep me logged in to facebook's site and I am sick of reentering my info every time. All I want is a quick way to see what is up, and use the desktop for more complex things.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post

Its not just about facebook.

Its about the quality of the app. They have since day 1 or even earlier than that and 6 months later we get this generic, unfinished app. Even the homebrew ones are way better than this.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    WOW that is such and AWESOME vid... WELL said! I am using that video for a few things I can think of right NOW.

BIG THANKS!!!!
  13.    #13  

It took what 5 posts for the tired "who needs a FB app" post.

What other apps that emulate the functionality of a website or other service is on your Pre? Your hatred for facebook is showing. If you even used the site you'd know what a lame argument that is. fail. end.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    Its not just about facebook.

Its about the quality of the app. They have since day 1 or even earlier than that and 6 months later we get this generic, unfinished app. Even the homebrew ones are way better than this.
    Agree with you 100%, it isn't just about facebook.
    People let their dislike for facebook or the need for a facebook app blind them to the bigger issues, but its these same people that will complain that the Pre is too slow, or that it doesn't forward txts, or that we can't change notification sounds...
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    +1....the last thing I want is my phone to constantly feed me notifications every time a person on my friend list makes a status update.
    Which should be an option in the application. If you don't want the app, don't download it. That's the whole point in the App Store, if you want it, get it. If you don't, then don't.
    However if you do want the app, Palm should take some time polishing the app before its release. No offense to the HB community, but if the official app from Palm is leagues behind customer created apps, something is wrong.
    This isn't a case of, bug here, bug there. It's a case of a crappy app.
    I remember the first facebook app for the iphone... It sucked. It didn't even do everything the mobile site did, it crashed all the time, and phot viewing on it was ********. Oh and no facebook chat. Now look at it. Calm down people.
    Revolt? I can think of plenty of things in life where a revolt might be necessary. A sub par facebook app on a cell phone is not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    According to PalmInfocenter, here's what Joe Hewitt, developer of the iPhone Facebook app said:

I would love to develop for WebOS. It's probably my favorite of all the current mobile OS's, although the performance of the Pre is absolutely horrid and I can't imagine developing for it until they optimize their software and put out better hardware.

Facebook for iPhone Developer On webOS
    What a lame comment. That guy is clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by dz1262 View Post
    I remember the first facebook app for the iphone... It sucked. It didn't even do everything the mobile site did, it crashed all the time, and phot viewing on it was ********. Oh and no facebook chat. Now look at it. Calm down people.
    Are you serious?

The whole point of launching a product after your competition is to learn from their mistakes and surpass them.

The idea of Palm, late 2009, trying to "catch up" to the rest of the market early-to-mid 2008 is just laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    What a lame comment. That guy is clueless.
    But true..
Page 1 of 13 123456 11 ... LastLast