Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 258
  1. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,494 Global Posts
    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by downtown3641 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I feel like there is a deeper integration between facebook and WebOS coming down the pipe.

    WebOs should have been called "jam tomorrow!" - is anything coming today?
  2. #122  
    The Pixi? /face-palm
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    Is it that hard for you to acknowledge/admit that the app sucks? Or will you only do that if you're sure Palm didn't develop it?
    I haven't used it, I'll freely admit the reviews don't sound good, but I don't know myself. That's not my point here, you guys want to pillory Palm over an app that you're insisting is their fault, when you don't know.

    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    I know that's not certified in court or notarized like you seem to want, but the bottom line is that everybody but you seems to acknowledge that this is "the" webOS Facebook app. It's associated with Palm. That's the problem.
    Oh yeah, "certified in court or notorized", uhhuh. I said that, in your feeble imagination maybe. Much like you're "everybody". Got news guy, you and yours don't constitute "everybody".

    BTW, here's another press release from Palm that mentions Pandora. Does that make it Palm's responsibility?

    You guys are not getting my point. It's not whether or not the app sucks, it's not whether or not Palm mentions it in a press release or puts in their app store. It's about who owns the app. If that's Palm, then it sounds like they should improve it. I've seen nothing that says Palm owns it, only 3 or 4 Palm haters that seemed bound and determined to blame a poor Facebook on app (that apparently, Facebook has approved) on Palm.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I'm wondering if you're just having fun or truly don't get this.

    Facebook fans who own a Pre, download the Facebook app, see how limited it is, and feel ...what? Disappointed? Let down? And who at? Facebook? No way. They love Facebook. They know that other platform facebook apps offer more. Nope, they focus their disappointment on Palm, at their device.

    Is it the end of world? Heck, I don't give a rat's you know what about facebook. But a great many do. Especially the Pixi's target market.

    Palm should care more about certain apps. This is one of them. It's one that is actually worth Palm spending some resources on to ensure a quality app.
    ...
    Sounds reasonable. But we don't know what's going on. Did Facebook write the app? We don't know, but let's assume they did (it does have their name on it). They then would submit it to the app store, just like any other developer. What's Palm to do, say "thanks, but no thanks, it's not good enough"? Sure, that would really work. Then all the screamers would be ranting that Palm is holding back developers.

    Sorry, I don't see this one as Palm's issue.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I see it now...truly you are Saint Palm...
    it doesn't matter how valid or invalid your points are, your unwavering support for palm nullifies them. And I'll say it again. It is the official app. I know that hurts you but it will be ok dude. Why can't you ever admit that palm could **** up? Not every bad decision by them is some zen like plot that us mere mortals are too stupid to understand.
    Ahhh I see. You offer nothing to substantiate a claim that this is somehow Palm's fault, you fail miserably in your effort to rally the troops to "riot" over your disappointment in a Facebook app, so you then offer up a pathetic personal attack.

    Kinda sad...
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sounds reasonable. But we don't know what's going on. Did Facebook write the app? We don't know, but let's assume they did (it does have their name on it). They then would submit it to the app store, just like any other developer. What's Palm to do, say "thanks, but no thanks, it's not good enough"? Sure, that would really work. Then all the screamers would be ranting that Palm is holding back developers.

    Sorry, I don't see this one as Palm's issue.
    Except Facebook didn't write the app. We DO know.

    I repeat, the only app they developed was the iPhone one. They didn't develop the Android app. They didn't develop the Blackberry app. They didn't develop the WebOS app.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...
    Read above. Hopefully, it's illuminating.
    Very. You still haven't answered my question that I've posed - what leads you to believe Palm developed the application?
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Except Facebook didn't write the app. We DO know.

    I repeat, the only app they developed was the iPhone one. They didn't develop the Android app. They didn't develop the Blackberry app. They didn't develop the WebOS app.
    And who did write it?
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Very. You still haven't answered my question that I've posed - what leads you to believe Palm developed the application?
    We know simply by virtue of them having to put the "underpinnings" of the app at the OS level that Palm is facilitating its development. To what exact degree - in terms of the names of the developers and the man hours billed, etc. - we don't know and probably never will. It is unimportant, and because this can't be answered as such, you are holding on to this for dear life to the exclusion of the actual substance of this discussion.

    What IS important is that Palm is publishing this as their ONE dedicated Facebook app. They used it to add appeal to the Pixi demos, and it is the only app on WebOS that will be officially called "Facebook".

    That it is so barebones that one cannot view profiles or invites is just an embarrassment. For PALM. Not Facebook. PALM.
  10. #130  
    Yes, Palm 'wrote' the application. Either with their own staff or via a contract to develop it with a 3rd party.

    Either way it was their specs that were coded to for better or worse.
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Does my "Official" Facebook app for Windows reflect poorly on Microsoft???? Oh wait a minute.... There is no official Facebook app for Windows... It's called Internet Explorer... Isn't that strange...
    Almost forgot about this....

    Ahem.
  12. #132  
    I hate facebook. Total time eater.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Almost forgot about this....

    Ahem.
    Excellent example!! Do you see what it says?
    New from Windows Mobile: a Facebook application for your phone! Download the new Facebook application for Windows Mobile and:
    See, a similar statement from Palm would pretty much settle this. Do you have an Ahem for that?
    And please, don't compare Palm's App Catalog to Microsoft's web site. They are not the same thing. Palm is providing a repository for outside developers on the Apps Catalog.
  14. #134  
    honestly, does it matter?

    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    is the iphone app made by facebook or apple
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Yes, Palm 'wrote' the application. Either with their own staff or via a contract to develop it with a 3rd party.

    Either way it was their specs that were coded to for better or worse.
    Thanks for clearing that up. And your information is based on...
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    honestly, does it matter?
    As long as hparsons draws breath, yes. To anyone else realizing how half-baked this effort is...no.

    His clinging to minutae so fervently is telling.
  17. s219's Avatar
    Posts
    498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Very. You still haven't answered my question that I've posed - what leads you to believe Palm developed the application?
    I can't believe you're stuck on this. The fact that Palm is promoting the app is the problem. The fact that it's in their press release means they are touting this app as an example to behold. I don't care who wrote the app, I'd be embarrassed to put this in a press release and draw attention to it. Seriously, maybe their staff still has loyalties to Apple if this is what they put out for publicity.

    I can picture you on the Titanic as the ship is going down, asking if was the driver's fault or the iceberg's fault. Gotta get that straight before focusing on the real issue. Don't want to make the driver look bad if you can help it.

    If you care about Palm, you should be critical of this app and the fact that Palm is getting behind it in *any* way. I don't care if they're the developer or not. At some point you need to hold them to a higher standard.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    I can't believe you're stuck on this. The fact that Palm is promoting the app is the problem. The fact that it's in their press release means they are touting this app as an example to behold. I don't care who wrote the app, I'd be embarrassed to put this in a press release and draw attention to it. Seriously, maybe their staff still has loyalties to Apple if this is what they put out for publicity.

    I can picture you on the Titanic as the ship is going down, asking if was the driver's fault or the iceberg's fault. Gotta get that straight before focusing on the real issue. Don't want to make the driver look bad if you can help it.

    If you care about Palm, you should be critical of this app and the fact that Palm is getting behind it in *any* way. I don't care if they're the developer or not. At some point you need to hold them to a higher standard.
    This has noting to do with the Titanic, or whose "driving", unless you somehow think Palm is going down over this. I don't think so. Barring that, it's just another topic to discuss. I think it's funny that some of you guys are getting your undies all up in a wad over it. You guys are are declaring Palm a failure over an app you haven't even seen yourself yet!!

    Facebook is a service. There are already two other apps that work. One of them works fine for me. If Palm/Facebook/JoeDownTheStreet comes up with something better, great (I've already switched once, paid for FriendsFlos, and have since discovered I like Palmbook better). If not, I'll just keep using my phone the way it is.

    I look at Twitter much the same way. There are now at least 4 Twitter apps out for the Pre. The fact that there is one of them that I don't like, doesn't reflect on Palm one way or the other. By the same token, the fact that there is one I particularly like doesn't either. It reflects on the developer, not the device.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    As long as hparsons draws breath, yes. To anyone else realizing how half-baked this effort is...no.

    His clinging to minutae so fervently is telling.
    And it would seem that your fervent refutation of said minutae is just as telling.

    You've continued to ignore the most obvious part of what I've said on this (and what others have also said), a Facebook app isn't important to many of us.

    You (and some others) seemed bound and determined though to delcare that Palm is a failing company over this one app. That, is minutae.

    And, it would also appear that, in spite of your earlier assertions, you now have to resort to personal attacks to make your "point".

    BTW, for the record, the "does it matter" that he referred to wasn't my question, and didn't involve Palm.

    I know, I know, minutae.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And it would seem that your fervent refutation of said minutae is just as telling.

    You've continued to ignore the most obvious part of what I've said on this (and what others have also said), a Facebook app isn't important to many of us.
    You (and some others) seemed bound and determined though to delcare that Palm is a failing company over this one app. That, is minutae.

    And, it would also appear that, in spite of your earlier assertions, you now have to resort to personal attacks to make your "point".

    BTW, for the record, the "does it matter" that he referred to wasn't my question, and didn't involve Palm.

    I know, I know, minutae.

    This is getting silly but once Hparsons steps in it always does. First, if the Facebook app is not important to you, why are you posting on this thread? (and please don't twist this to ask me why am posting here). Second, no one said Palm will fail because of this one app. Where did you see that?

    Bottom line is that some people want Palm to succeed and for Palm to have very high standards. Hence the dissapointment that Palm is actively promoting an app that does not meet these expectations.

    You might have lower standards/expectations about this app or not care at all. Fine...then move on.

    But of course you won't.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions