Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 258
  1. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Your argument = FAIL

    Your argument is that what is important to you MUST be important to me?

    Do i have to make a thread about the app limit? personally i've never hit it so it doesnt bother me, YET

    Do i have to make a thread about performance issues, no.

    Do i care enough about the calendar to make a thread. no. it serves my purposes for now and i hope they improve it but if they dont i could care less.


    Your argument and your post Fails miserably on all points.
    Yes, you are right, I fail my bad. I am not sure how I was so confused to assume this post of yours was directed to the entire Pre population. I should have known you meant only yourself as you clearly stated above. Thank you for the clarification!
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Yes, you are right, I fail my bad. I am not sure how I was so confused to assume this post of yours was directed to the entire Pre population. I should have known you meant only yourself as you clearly stated above. Thank you for the clarification!
    No, thank you for admitting failure. I know that wasn't easy for you.
  3. rkguy's Avatar
    Posts
    803 Posts
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    #43  
    I don't understand why facebook chat is not integrated. Well, i know it's not xmpp. is that the reason? even if FB chat were in the FB app it would be nice.

    On a different tangent, do any of the FB apps let you see your notifications, like this guy commented on your post, this guy tagged you in his picture, you know that little number at the bottom right hand corner of your regular FB site.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Your argument = FAIL

    Your argument is that what is important to you MUST be important to me?

    .
    .
    .


    Your argument and your post Fails miserably on all points.

    By that same token, your rant about Facebook doesn't make it as important to everyone else - and your responses make you seem rather....argumentative.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    On a different tangent, do any of the FB apps let you see your notifications, like this guy commented on your post, this guy tagged you in his picture, you know that little number at the bottom right hand corner of your regular FB site.
    You mean the one in the top left of the touch site? No, there's no way to access that on a Pre...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

    PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
  6. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    No, thank you for admitting failure. I know that wasn't easy for you.
    Only a person such as yourself would think so. I, however, can easily admit when I am wrong, even when it is sarcastic in nature.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Only a person such as yourself would think so. I, however, can easily admit when I am wrong, even when it is sarcastic in nature.
    only a person such as myself would think what? i must have missed something.
    but thanks for admitting you had a failed argument, even if it was sarcastic.
    and i am not being sarcastic.
  8. plcd22's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    #48  
    WOW, are you two just trying to boost your "post counts" you are both arguing and saying the samething... "what is important to you is NOT important to me, get over it" It is just that one of you thinks that FB is important and the other has a different opinion! Don't we All?!?!?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...
    It's funny that you inadvertently make Palm look worse than any criticism on my part ever could. I mean, hilarious...
    ...
    Sorry you see it that way. A thought occurred to me, is this even a Palm app, one developed by Palm? Looking over the story, I don't see that it's Palm's app, only that it is downloadable with that version of the OS.

    To me though, it's a moot point. Obviously, you will use any aspect of this as a negative to Palm. I don't see it that way, but that's likely in large part because I'm not a big user of Facebook. The Pre already does the important thing to me, pulling down the contact list from Facebook to my Pre.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Synergy has NOTHING to do with a Facebook app. Zero.
    ...
    You missed my point entirely. My point in comparing was that many feel that the synergy aspect of Facebook was bad, in that it pulled in all of the contacts (though they are very unobtrusive). How much more will people complain about an app that alerts with every update to all those friends' walls?

    And, yes, I understand that some people might want a very feature rich Facebook application, that lets someone turn off alerts for updates, turn off or on alerts about the various mindless games on facebook, edit and tag photos etc, etc, etc.

    I just don't feel that's a good "focus" for Palm right now.

    I don't think Palm making that "determination" is a bad thing at all.

    But, that's just opinion. I don't think they could have done anything to make themselves look "good" to you. My opinion, you have an agenda, and anything they do will fulfill it for you.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Your argument = FAIL

    Your argument is that what is important to you MUST be important to me?
    ...
    Now wait a minute... Isn't that basicaly what you said as well? This is from the OP:

    I think now we are entitled to whine, *****, complain and any other fitting adjective you can think of.
    What "we" kimosabe? I don't care...
  11. dustysa4's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    lets not. calm down, its just facebook.
    good point...palm should put all their resources in twitter instead. that way they can completely corner the 13 year old market!

    seriously, i couldn't have said it better my friend.
  12. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    lets not. calm down, its just facebook.
    While I agree with this on one hand, it also goes to prove his point. It's 'just facebook' and it's not even done properly.

    It even would have been great it they made what amounts to x.facebook.com open up in it's own space, instead of the browser-at least we could have had something. As it stands, FF and palmbook are a bit cumbersome or ugly for my tastes.

    Makes you wonder what the programing foot-soldiers are working on day-to-day, or how they organize their outfit.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry you see it that way. A thought occurred to me, is this even a Palm app, one developed by Palm? Looking over the story, I don't see that it's Palm's app, only that it is downloadable with that version of the OS.

    To me though, it's a moot point. Obviously, you will use any aspect of this as a negative to Palm. I don't see it that way, but that's likely in large part because I'm not a big user of Facebook. The Pre already does the important thing to me, pulling down the contact list from Facebook to my Pre.
    And as I have already said: It's great that YOUR needs are met. But stop being myopic and see that a great many people have greater needs. There's a reason there are several mobile versions of Facebook and a dedicated app on virtually every OS. People like using the site.

    And the site is more than a list of contacts that links with your phone. That Palm is SEVERELY lacking not only competition official apps by iPhone and Android, but also homebrew developers who have had much less time and far less resources with the SDK than Palm has....it's sad. And yes, it's a negative. Period.

    You missed my point entirely. My point in comparing was that many feel that the synergy aspect of Facebook was bad, in that it pulled in all of the contacts (though they are very unobtrusive). How much more will people complain about an app that alerts with every update to all those friends' walls?
    If Palm released an app that made system alerts for every FB update but gave you no way to turn them off or configure them, it would be just as dumb a decision as making Synergy the mess it currently is.

    I just don't feel that's a good "focus" for Palm right now.

    I don't think Palm making that "determination" is a bad thing at all.

    But, that's just opinion. I don't think they could have done anything to make themselves look "good" to you. My opinion, you have an agenda, and anything they do will fulfill it for you.
    And I could start each reply asserting you're a mindless Pre fanb--, but I prefer to debate the merits of a discussion instead of incessantly attacking the messenger.

    Now then....if a Facebook app isn't a good focus for Palm right now, then THEY SHOULDN'T RELEASE ONE. But this is the worst of all worlds:

    1) Disappoint people who want Palm to focus and release FIRST updates to system lag, video recording, etc.
    2) Disappoint FB fans who were suckered in by Sprint commercials with a giant Facebook page and Facebook speaking at Palm's CES address with a barebones app that can't even EQUAL, much less surpass, pre-existing generic solutions like touch.facebook.com.
    3) Disappoint Palm fans who wanted to see something significant to show for five months of development.

    Who exactly does this app satisfy? Very few people, and certainly not the number of people it angers. Sounds like another Pixi-esque bad idea: Time wasted for little-to-no net gain.
  14. #54  
    the pre is great don't think i will give it up until the next BIG webos device but i do agree that its not just about a Facebook app. Its about holding palm to a higher standard. saying we wont accept sub par apps anymore
  15. Siraris's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    #55  
    This is the most disappointing thing I've heard all week. Hooking into Facebook is easy, someone with a good grasp of WebOS should have NO problems at all setting up a robust Facebook application.
  16. #56  
    x.facebook is awful, so I don't see why you guys are suggesting using it?

    The feeds don't update, there is no way to go "one step back", etc. I'm using lite.facebook.com. The full version of FB doesn't even load because it redirects to this X crap.
  17. etnpnys's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    I think now we are entitled to whine, *****, complain and any other fitting adjective you can think of.
    Those are verbs.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...
    Now then....if a Facebook app isn't a good focus for Palm right now, then THEY SHOULDN'T RELEASE ONE. But this is the worst of all worlds:
    ...
    I'll ask again, is this a Palm release, or is it just in the Apps Catalog?
  19. pixelwix's Avatar
    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #60  
    I normally don't add my two cents, REALLY?? I'm sick of comparing everything to the iphone!!! my wife has an iphone and I don't think its all that. So what if the facebook app is not that great. ITS VERSION .01 come on, it has to start somewhere. i know the blackberry facebook app started out like that and that was made by RIM. the iphone app is made by Facebook not apple. if you want one like that on the pre talk to Facebook and stop bashing palm. honestly id rather they foucus on making webos top of the line than work on a facebook app!!!.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions