Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213
Results 241 to 258 of 258
  1.    #241  
    notaphonegeek, arguing is futile at this point, I'll agree to disagree and get back to voicing disappointment about this app compared to others.
  2. smonme's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #242  
    Well it looks like this app is developed by palm, glad that little argument is cleared up.
  3. #243  
    Well, the app is now in the catalog.
  4.    #244  
    developed by palm you say? Interesting...

    can anyone else confirm the automatic contact syncing issue with the app?
  5. #245  
    its finally here
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    its finally here
    And it's a huge piece of crap.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    developed by palm you say? Interesting...

    can anyone else confirm the automatic contact syncing issue with the app?
    What's the issue? (and yes, it's a Palm app).
  8. #248  
    actually,palm should probably be sued after their fancy facebook commercials they ran. also,i cant even get into the full site anymore,where chat was once available. the pre had potential months ago,but that was months ago. i am personally getting tired of its shortcomings, and may jump ship soon. there is no reason after 6 months,that they dont have a decent fb app. you say they are busy with important things? like what? how busy can you be,when all you do is implement a few working hacks into your os officially?
  9. #249  
    and hp,shouldnt the same ol same ol,mean something by now? it took 6 months to get legit text forwarding. i heard a girl say a week ago in the sprint store while she was looking at a pre, that the fb apps sucks, her friend laughed and said she can chat on her iphones app. then she said she couldnt figure out how to forward a text.i was waiting on my replacement,looking at the hero. i told her you cant forward texts on it.she made a stupid face and put it down.anyway they left and didnt get a pre,wether they would of or not,i dont know. but the things you seem to find trivial and condensend people about, are things that are important to alot of people.
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    and hp,shouldnt the same ol same ol,mean something by now? it took 6 months to get legit text forwarding. i heard a girl say a week ago in the sprint store while she was looking at a pre, that the fb apps sucks, her friend laughed and said she can chat on her iphones app. then she said she couldnt figure out how to forward a text.i was waiting on my replacement,looking at the hero. i told her you cant forward texts on it.she made a stupid face and put it down.anyway they left and didnt get a pre,wether they would of or not,i dont know. but the things you seem to find trivial and condensend people about, are things that are important to alot of people.
    the ideal phone would have every function. and altho i agree that not all phones are going to have all features....its still confuses my WHY palm wouldnt add such a basic feature. if a patch could be made in no time by a couple of smaller devs (thanks guys!) why couldnt palm, a professional company who DEVELOPED webos, make such a simple patch. i dont understand. oh well we have it now
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    actually,palm should probably be sued after their fancy facebook commercials they ran.
    ...
    Palm would win. They didn't run such a commercial (sue Sprint...)
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    and hp,shouldnt the same ol same ol,mean something by now? it took 6 months to get legit text forwarding. i heard a girl say a week ago in the sprint store while she was looking at a pre, that the fb apps sucks, her friend laughed and said she can chat on her iphones app. then she said she couldnt figure out how to forward a text.i was waiting on my replacement,looking at the hero. i told her you cant forward texts on it.she made a stupid face and put it down.anyway they left and didnt get a pre,wether they would of or not,i dont know. but the things you seem to find trivial and condensend people about, are things that are important to alot of people.
    You've lost me completely. I understand that those types of things are important to some people, will even grant you a lot. I've always said that people who find those things are important should get another phone.

    That's not condescening, it's reality.
  13. #253  
    Facebook app works fine for my needs. I'm good.
  14. qst4's Avatar
    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    the ideal phone would have every function. and altho i agree that not all phones are going to have all features....its still confuses my WHY palm wouldnt add such a basic feature. if a patch could be made in no time by a couple of smaller devs (thanks guys!) why couldnt palm, a professional company who DEVELOPED webos, make such a simple patch. i dont understand. oh well we have it now
    I have to agree. The pre couldn't delete batch e-mails when it launched! And its new palm generated solution is still not as convenient as the patch. I love my pre, but I'm forced to wonder what shape Docs2Go is going to be in when it launches, and for me that is important. Palm was literally on its death bed when the Pre lauched so I am willing to walk this mile with Palm. But I can understand some dissatisfaction. A revolt no, a "WTH Palm" yes.
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You've lost me completely. I understand that those types of things are important to some people, will even grant you a lot. I've always said that people who find those things are important should get another phone.

    That's not condescening, it's reality.
    theres nothing to lose there. those types of things are important to most people. this phone was launched as a cutting edge device. when in fact,the only thing it does new,is launch cards(multi tasking). the argument has been on htese forums since it launched,that it lacks the most basic of functions. functions that are 6-7 years old now. And i am sure that palm had to agree to and approve the facebook commercial for they're device,the commercial is very decieving,i know a girl that bought one because of that commercial. silly? yes. but true none the less. we live in an age where all consumer concerns are completely disregarded. sad fact.
    btw,some of us held out through our 30 days,due to the fact that everything was whispered to be fixed through these amazing ota updates. that was along time ago. i am not willing to pay 4-500 for another phone at this point. i've had palm phones for years. this was the iphone killer? i think the only thing it's killed is its customer base. yes sales have been good. but will i buy the pre 2? not a chance,probably never with a palm product again.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    theres nothing to lose there those types of things are important to most people.
    Sorry, but "most", based on what? Please, not just your opinion, some hard facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    And i am sure that palm had to agree to and approve the facebook commercial for they're device,the commercial is very decieving,i know a girl that bought one because of that commercial. silly? yes. but true none the less. we live in an age where all consumer concerns are completely disregarded. sad fact.
    Again, based on what. Why are you "sure"?
    But, let's say for a minute that your assumption is true. What did they portray in that ad that you didn't get. The Pre synchronized with Facebook from day one, and the browser worked fine with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    btw,some of us held out through our 30 days,due to the fact that everything was whispered to be fixed through these amazing ota updates. that was along time ago. i am not willing to pay 4-500 for another phone at this point. i've had palm phones for years. this was the iphone killer? i think the only thing it's killed is its customer base. yes sales have been good. but will i buy the pre 2? not a chance,probably never with a palm product again.
    Sorry, you should never keep a device your unhappy with in the hopes it will turn into something you are. If I were you, I'd go be mad at whoever "whispered" to you. I don't know who told you it would be an iPhone killer, but it certainly wasn't Palm. Their folks said quite the opposite. As far as "killing their customer base", have you heard, Palm's number are increasing, they were decreasing before the upgrade.

    Please feel free to discuss whatever you want, but don't complain about someone being "condescending" when your complaints were based entirly on assumptions and your misplaced expectations.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, but "most", based on what? Please, not just your opinion, some hard facts.


    Again, based on what. Why are you "sure"?
    But, let's say for a minute that your assumption is true. What did they portray in that ad that you didn't get. The Pre synchronized with Facebook from day one, and the browser worked fine with it.


    Sorry, you should never keep a device your unhappy with in the hopes it will turn into something you are. If I were you, I'd go be mad at whoever "whispered" to you. I don't know who told you it would be an iPhone killer, but it certainly wasn't Palm. Their folks said quite the opposite. As far as "killing their customer base", have you heard, Palm's number are increasing, they were decreasing before the upgrade.

    Please feel free to discuss whatever you want, but don't complain about someone being "condescending" when your complaints were based entirly on assumptions and your misplaced expectations.

    btw your argument of the opposite of what hes saying could be null and void too by saying "based on what"

    basically the point of this is that neither of you is "right". you cant prove either way so quit fighting like little children and move on with ur lives. you are adults. quit being like "i think this so your wrong" and then having the other person effing counter with "no i think this so you are wrong". You have 14 pages of this. stfu ppl. a facebook app is small. GET OVER IT.

    i thought this was amusing when i started reading it on page 4.....now its annoying the **** out of me.

    a mod should close this pointless thread. nothing else to be obtained by arguing over this.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  18. #258  
    This thread has ran its course.

    <<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions