Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 258
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    ...
    Don't pull out the "Palm is succeeding" argument either. If we were to rewind to some of the summer discussions where I was griping about OpenGL, source code protection, and other missing software technologies, we'd see that my points have become extremely accurate in recent months. And we'd see all your predictions about successful apps, developers figuring out how to do stuff, big developers showing up, the app catalog taking off, etc... failed to materialize. I think you even had some grand prediction for September that never materialized. So I don't want to hear the "if Palm that, then Palm this" arguments, because your track record isn't so good right now.
    Really, so you're saying no big developers have showed up? As far as my prediction about apps showing up, I said I hoped what I hoped for, but acknowledged my guess may be high, it actually has exceeded my predictions (but not my hopes). All I've every really said about Palm is that they're succeeding. They are.

    I stand by my eariler statement. If Palm were failinng in all of the areas you claim they are, they would be under. They're simply not. They likely are not meeting your expectations, but I suspect that's not their business plan.
  2. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Oh, so there's a Facebook website that integrates with the notifications of WebOS and the notifications and widgets of Android?
    Now I'm really confused. You want a Facebook app for webOS that integrates with the widgets of Android?
  3. #223  
    This may have already been mentioned, but if you are unhappy with the facebook apps available to webOS try going to lite.facebook.com. It is a stripped down version of the full site and it fits on the Pre's screen very nicely. It also has most of the functionality of the full site.
  4. dustysa4's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    This may have already been mentioned, but if you are unhappy with the facebook apps available to webOS try going to lite.facebook.com. It is a stripped down version of the full site and it fits on the Pre's screen very nicely. It also has most of the functionality of the full site.
    Cool, thanks for the info.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    This may have already been mentioned, but if you are unhappy with the facebook apps available to webOS try going to lite.facebook.com. It is a stripped down version of the full site and it fits on the Pre's screen very nicely. It also has most of the functionality of the full site.
    I think it's important to understand, this thread really had very little to do with the shortcomings of the Facebook app. Keep in mind, this is about an app that most of those posting about hasn't even been seen by them, it was all based on a couple of reviews.

    Go back and look at the postings and threads by those that have been the most "vocal" against Palm and the Pre in this thread, you'll see a pattern. That will tell you a lot about the real purpose of the thread.
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think it's important to understand, this thread really had very little to do with the shortcomings of the Facebook app. Keep in mind, this is about an app that most of those posting about hasn't even been seen by them, it was all based on a couple of reviews.

    Go back and look at the postings and threads by those that have been the most "vocal" against Palm and the Pre in this thread, you'll see a pattern. That will tell you a lot about the real purpose of the thread.
    you are incorrent. I made this thread because the app "sucks" and palm has dropped the ball when it comes to facebook. I made the thread so people who care about facebook would make some noise and let palm know that their half baked approaches to certain issues are far from acceptable. So again you are wrong.
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think it's important to understand, this thread really had very little to do with the shortcomings of the Facebook app. Keep in mind, this is about an app that most of those posting about hasn't even been seen by them, it was all based on a couple of reviews.

    Go back and look at the postings and threads by those that have been the most "vocal" against Palm and the Pre in this thread, you'll see a pattern. That will tell you a lot about the real purpose of the thread.
    That's right. It's an anti-Palm conspiracy. We've got secret meetings and a decoder ring, and even a clubhouse. Beware. Meanwhile, hparsons has no agenda, and if you "go back and look at his postings and threads", that will IN NO WAY show the same pattern on the opposite side of the spectrum.

    Gosh, I'd love to dwell on yet another distracting tangent, but back to the discussion we go.

    I don't understand why I have to see an app to confirm what someone else who has seen it has: the lack of features. It was NOT Joshua Topolsky or Dieter's personal opinion that the WebOS Facebook app is feature-poor. They are simply reporting objective facts.

    Do you need to operate or buy a Pre to know that it can't record video? No, you can clearly read the confirmed objective reporting widely available. Do I need to see use the Facebook app to confirm that it can't access the FB inbox, invites, and profiles and pics of people not in your immediate feed? No, this has already been confirmed and it confirms that it has less features than both A) Official FB apps on competing platforms and B) Mobile Facebook websites already formatted for spec mobile Webkit resolution.

    This is a disappointment, objectively speaking, because anyone who wanted a FB app these past five months wanted something that EXCEEDED the mobile websites and interacted with WebOS in some meaningful fashion. If you didn't, then you wouldn't want/need an app in the first place.
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's right. It's an anti-Palm conspiracy. We've got secret meetings and a decoder ring, and even a clubhouse. Beware. Meanwhile, hparsons has no agenda, and if you "go back and look at his postings and threads", that will IN NO WAY show the same pattern on the opposite side of the spectrum.
    That's right you saw me talk about "conspiracies" and "secret meetings". It was right there ... oh wait, you pulled that out of your ****. Never mind.

    Yep, mine also show a pattern. I support the product and company that is the "inspiration" of this forum. Wild concept, I know, go figger. There is another aspect of mine though, I actually go out of my way to help folks that ask for help. I don't think you'll see that in those other folks we're discussing.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    ...
    I don't understand why I have to see an app to confirm what someone else who has seen it has: the lack of features. It was NOT Joshua Topolsky or Dieter's personal opinion that the WebOS Facebook app is feature-poor. They are simply reporting objective facts.

    Do you need to operate or buy a Pre to know that it can't record video? No, you can clearly read the confirmed objective reporting widely available. Do I need to see use the Facebook app to confirm that it can't access the FB inbox, invites, and profiles and pics of people not in your immediate feed? No, this has already been confirmed and it confirms that it has less features than both A) Official FB apps on competing platforms and B) Mobile Facebook websites already formatted for spec mobile Webkit resolution.

    This is a disappointment, objectively speaking, because anyone who wanted a FB app these past five months wanted something that EXCEEDED the mobile websites and interacted with WebOS in some meaningful fashion. If you didn't, then you wouldn't want/need an app in the first place.
    Unfortunately, the thread wasn't about the missing features, it was about "revolt" (simply look at the title).

    It did achieve that purpose though. It revealed who was revolting.
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    you are incorrent. I made this thread because the app "sucks" and palm has dropped the ball when it comes to facebook. I made the thread so people who care about facebook would make some noise and let palm know that their half baked approaches to certain issues are far from acceptable. So again you are wrong.
    Sorry, I was just going by your earlier post. You said something quite different then. Maybe it was your alter-ego posting?
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    It isn't Palm's fault? Whos fault is it then? I failed at nothing, I make threads that interest me, or sometimes just to get ******* like you in a tizzy and i've succeeded. Your arguments are what fails. My personal attacks were highly successful.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's right you saw me talk about "conspiracies" and "secret meetings". It was right there ... oh wait, you pulled that out of your ****. Never mind.
    It's called comic exaggeration and/or sarcasm, and I didn't quote you or even implied you said those things. Quite unlike you seriously making stuff other people have supposedly said in this very thread.

    Yep, mine also show a pattern. I support the product and company that is the "inspiration" of this forum. Wild concept, I know, go figger. There is another aspect of mine though, I actually go out of my way to help folks that ask for help. I don't think you'll see that in those other folks we're discussing.
    Don't know the difference between jingoism and patriotism, eh? That's about what I figured.

    Unfortunately, the thread wasn't about the missing features, it was about "revolt" (simply look at the title).

    It did achieve that purpose though. It revealed who was revolting.
    And remember, folks, try the fish. Hparsons will be here all week.
  11. #231  
    I think Hparsons is trying to get his post count to 3,000. That must explain why he responds to everything...and I mean everything. He's 132 posts away and I predict he'll get to 3k before the weekend is over....

    ...and that's not good news since the race to 4k begins after that....
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    I think Hparsons is trying to get his post count to 3,000. That must explain why he responds to everything...and I mean everything. He's 132 posts away and I predict he'll get to 3k before the weekend is over....

    ...and that's not good news since the race to 4k begins after that....
    haha, he does respond to everything, he will even invent arguments and facts to form a rebuttal. pathetic actually.
  13. #233  
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Those are verbs.
    Epic. Win.

    That was awesome.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    I think Hparsons is trying to get his post count to 3,000. That must explain why he responds to everything...and I mean everything. He's 132 posts away and I predict he'll get to 3k before the weekend is over....

    ...and that's not good news since the race to 4k begins after that....
    I think maybe you're mistaken (or possibly even being less than truthful?) about the "responds to everything" (and, did you really mean "everything").

    Rather than some race, maybe it has something to do with the fact that I've been on the forum for 6 years.

    But, imagine the nerve of it all. That I actually respond to posts on a forum!

    Seriously, is that your best shot?
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    haha, he does respond to everything, he will even invent arguments and facts to form a rebuttal. pathetic actually.
    C'mon now, serously. You've been on here for a couple of months, and have 1/8 as many posts as I, and I've been on here for 6 years.

    As a matter of fact, let's look closely at the stats:

    VickMackey Posts Per Day: 4.84
    hparsons Posts Per Day: 1.21

    I believe you were saying something about "inventing arguments and facts"...
  16. #236  
    You know being a fan of most of your posts (Vick Mackey, hparsons), I find it kind of silly that you guys would argue about this. Both my wife and son use Facebook without an app and they don't complain, my son even uses myspace without an app. This all being said, Vick wants a quality app and I know people like him that are die hard Facebook fanatics. Hopefully they will come up with an app that he will like, though a "revolt" may be a little much (I believe he's being a little sarcastic though). hparsons, I'm amazed at how knowledgeable you are in the smartphone game, but like me could probably care less about getting a good facebook app. So that's where I'll leave it, hopefully he will get the app he likes with his complaint and hparsons keep up the fight with all of the other stuff!

    You both add alot to this site, so you disagree with this one issue??? C'mon guys, lets get on to the next battle, hopefully Vick will get his app soon but lets think big picture. I think you guys agree with each other much more than you disagree.

    Anyway, just my 2 cents
    notaphonegeek
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    ...
    but like me could probably care less about getting a good facebook app. So that's where I'll leave it, hopefully he will get the app he likes with his complaint and hparsons keep up the fight with all of the other stuff!
    Actually, FriendsFlow was one of the first apps I bought (I think it was the second). I'd like to see a good app in just about every category for the Pre; but the idea that the future of Palm rests on a Facebook app I don't find quite credible. When it's backed up with the "facts" seen in a thread like this, I find it even less so.

    Had this started out as a serious discussion rather than a "screw Palm", I'd have probably taken the complaints a bit more seriously. Instead, it's the same ol same ol...
  18. #238  
    I wonder how differently this thread would have gone if it started as:

    "I really like my Pre, and I'm amazed at how much it does. However, I would like it even more if there were a Facebook App that was truly full featured, as I prefer an app to a website."
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  19. JW
    JW is offline
    JW's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    #239  
    Is this FB app in the catalog now that 1.3.1 is here? Mine is in the process of updating so I can't check.
  20.    #240  
    it isn't, likely it will be there tomorrow
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions