Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    looks like itunes sync is not coming back in 1.3.1

perhaps good, perhaps bad

luckily, i don't really care that much.

my wife however, does.

my solution for her will be to not upgrade itunes.
    There are four lights.
    Last time, the iTunes fix came a few days after the major update. I wouldn't write it off yet...
    I sincerely hope they don't "fix" iTunes sync. That way, we'll never need to suffer through another post about how Palm is wasting resources on iTunes.

Of course, then we'll have even more posts about how it sucks that Palm _stopped_ spending resources on iTunes syncing. I can see them now: "Palm, give us iTunes syncing NOW!!!! Who cares about video recording?!?!?"
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Just don't update your itunes... I've never had this problem as I don't update itunes.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    They need to fix it. It's the only sync solution that I have confidence in.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Don't... upgrade... iTunes.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    seriously double twist works just as easy, and it automatically adds all ur itunes music to ur library
    +1 for double twist
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    seriously I don't understand the fascination with itunes. If you like it don't update it and ull be able to keep using it with the pre. If anything there are so many other options like doubletwist, media monkey, songbird, and if I'm not mistaken even winamp. But jeez this itunes problem is not even a problem.
    **** itunes...just my honest opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Hopefully the next update will improve playlist compatibility and I can ditch the last Apple product I use.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    looks like itunes sync is not coming back in 1.3.1

perhaps good, perhaps bad

luckily, i don't really care that much.

my wife however, does.

my solution for her will be to not upgrade itunes.
    Just have her install doubletwist or one of the other similar programs.
    -m
    I was disappointed in Apple breaking iTunes, and really didn't want to use any of the "middlemen". However, one day at work I wanted to put something on my phone using my work PC which is running Win7 and iTunes 9.02 was the only one I could download. In comes DoubleTwist, and I am a VERY happy camper!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    Just have her install doubletwist or one of the other similar programs.
    -m
    thanks for the suggestions guys,

but i am well aware of the varied different sync solutions out there, I use drag and drop like I have for nearly a decade. but have used all the others mentioned here none, including itunes, is worth my time, still drag and drop for me.

as for my wife, it is not something I am interested in dealing with, also not worth my time potentially fielding a question about playlists or whatever might irk her, easiest thing is just to tell her to hit the no button when it asks to update, like i said.

I am NOT in ANY WAY complaining about this, just thought it was a little bit of interesting news, thats all.

rest assured, I have things on my end under complete control.
    F itunes right in the A
    I don't need them raping my music library anyways
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Hrm...kind of disappointing. Hopefully a fix is coming. In the meantime, I just won't update iTunes, no big deal. I'm sure it'll be quite awhile before I have any reason to update.
    Wow! No middle ground with Itunes. Either you love it or hate it. I for one happen to like it. I have nothing but macs at home and love the functionality of the OS. With that said, I am not one to complain if the sync no longer works. Lots of ways around it.
    Just because there are those that hate Itunes though, many of us do like it and I do not mind the fact that they keep adding the functionality. Put me in the I hope they keep the Itunes thing going. The rest of you can Drag 'n' Drop, Double Twist or whatever floats your boat. For me I will keep using Itunes!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Exactly. I like and enjoy iTunes and the syncing. The tight integration the Pre offers with iTunes is nice but if it disappears, oh well. It's not the end of the world.
    how do i downgrade my 9.0.2 itunes to 9.0.1 which i believe was compatible with the pre/pixi ?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    how do i downgrade my 9.0.2 itunes to 9.0.1 which i believe was compatible with the pre/pixi ?
    Here is a link to download 9.0.1

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....Tunes9.0.1.dmg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast