Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i dont have to do anything else right? just download and install that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just don't update your itunes... I've never had this problem as I don't update itunes.
    Ive always been so confused about everyones freaking out over this itunes thing. JUST DONT UPDATE ITUNES!!! Or maybe Im missing something.... I have an Ipod and my man has a jailbroke Iphone. We havent updated our itunes in like forever and both our Apple devices still sync and work flawlessly. I dont see the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i dont have to do anything else right? just download and install that?
    Yes you may have to put 9.0.2 in the trash and then install... I have not had to do this since version 8. However, as always it is wise to have your music backed up. I have read on the apple forums that people have done this without a problem.

Good luck!
    does trashing it delete my music ?
    I really hope itunes sync doesn't come back. That way it can be one less thing people waste time complaining about and the topic of it can be finally dead.

Aside from that, people who are smart will truly realize it never left. It's called STOP UPGRADING THE FREAKING THING!

Wowzers!
    I don't know the hate for iTunes, I like it. Its my digital media hub with all my videos/music/audiobooks in one location. I just don't plan on updating iTunes. Thank goodness for disabling automatic updates.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I want iTunes sync back, because I want playlists on my Pre!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I think double twist works fine as a PC solution. But for those using Macs, it has a ways to go.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Double twist is an excellent solution for those still wanting to use itunes and insist on upgrading it. For an itunes alternative, try songbird 1.2 , it looks like itunes and syncs music perfectly with the pre
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    No big loss. I also no longer buy music from iTunes. Took my business elsewhere since it's obvious that apple doesn't want to do business with Pre owners. In the long list of alternatives, Media Monkey works pretty well also.
    TTFN
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit premature? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see iTunes sync come back as that is what completely shattered my image of the company. But last time, they released a new hack shortly after the update. They have invested too much in advertising the feature to just give up on it. I suspect they will face legal action if they stop. I'm guessing there will be another hack before another week goes by. Frankly, I'm surprised it has taken this long.
    Just don't upgrade your iTunes. Mine syncs fine and iTunes IMO is the most stable and reliable syncing solution for the Pre.

DT I had more problems with the program just aborting during almost anything I did in one day than all the years I have used iTunes combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    does trashing it delete my music ?
    may have missed it; is this on a Mac? Only problem I had downgrading iTunes in Windows was that the library had been updated, and the older version would no longer read it. Luckily, I had a backup of the old library saved.
    Good riddance. If itunes is that important, then get an iphone. There are better, open ways to manage your compressed music collection.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I dont really care but i think palm is going to do the same thing as before and take the update a couple of days after the 1.3 update
    I thought with double twist it can read your itunes playlists?

So make all the playlists you want itunes to sync, open double twist, and sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxdrunkie View Post
    I thought with double twist it can read your itunes playlists?

So make all the playlists you want itunes to sync, open double twist, and sync.
    some people say it doesn't work for them, but DoubleTwist syncs my playlists just fine.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Does anyone know why playlist don't properly update when using a Mac and syncing to a pre via songbird/double twist? I can easily get a playlist unto my pre using Songbird or Doubletwist. But when I add a Song to the playlist all the other songs are removed from the playlist. From reading various post, this is only seems to be an issue with Mac computers, PCs appear to be able to properly update playlist without issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    If itunes is that important, then get an iphone.
    That is how it's supposed to work. Tell that to Palm.
    The first time itunes sync was disabled I had to update iTunes to use it with videos on our newest ipod. Now they all work I won't be buying anymore ipods for a loooong time if ever again! No more itunes gift cards... no ipod gifts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12