1.    #1  
    So I have three accounts set up for Mail and contact sync, EAS (Corprate Exchange), Google (Google Apps Domain) and Palm Profile.

When I synced (sunc?) with my exchange server, I pulled down all of my contacts, just fine. I can update a contact on my device (add, delete, change) and it will change on my exchange server.

None of my contacts have been pushed up to my google apps account or to my Palm Profile.

I've tried using the EAS/Google account settings, but with no joy. It says I have 0 contacts. (I have never used the contacts portion of my google apps account) When I check my palm profile, it says I only have 2 contacts. My exchange server says I have 82.

I know there are issues with gmail and my contacts vs all contacts. I understand their may be a bug with this that needs to be addressed based on my searches.

My questions are thus:
    How can I tell if all of my exchange contacts got pushed up to my Palm Profile? It looks like not, since in the contacts app, it states 2 contacts.

How do I make sure my contacts sync to my Palm Profile?

How do I get my contacts to sync to my gmail/google apps account?
    When you say "Pushed up," what exactly do you mean?

Also, it sounds like you have the Palm Profile as your default account on your Pre? If this is so, you need to make Google the default account on your Pre, otherwise, Google (from your PC side) will not see your contacts nor will it sync them.

To check:

Contacts app > click left top icon "contacts" > Preferences & Accounts > Default Account

*If this is the case, you'll have another problem. Any contacts that have been added BEFORE you changed your default account will have to be removed, then added once more. Try adding a manual contact to your Pre and see if syncs with your Google (PC Side).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    By pushed up I mean this:
    I have 80+ contacts in exchange and 0 contacts in gmail. When Syncing with both accounts, I would expect my phone to download my contacts from EAS, and upload them to Google and vice versa. It shouldn't matter where I add a contact, if my phone syncs with all accounts, it should end up in all places. Or am I expecting too much?

I've tried with Palm, Google and EAS set as my primary account for contacts, all with the same results.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandebob View Post
    By pushed up I mean this:
    I have 80+ contacts in exchange and 0 contacts in gmail. When Syncing with both accounts, I would expect my phone to download my contacts from EAS, and upload them to Google and vice versa. It shouldn't matter where I add a contact, if my phone syncs with all accounts, it should end up in all places. Or am I expecting too much?

I've tried with Palm, Google and EAS set as my primary account for contacts, all with the same results.
    Ok I get it now. If you did all this prior to you having Google as your default account, they will NOT sync to Google. In other words, if you added your contacts and you had Palm as your default account, it will not sync.

If you have now changed your default accnt to Google, you should now be able to sync any NEW contacts you add to your Pre. If your contacts on your phone don't have a Google profile associated with them, it will not sync.

I have Outlook and Gmail syncing w/o issues. It's been this way since launch day for me.

Again, try this to confirm what I'm saying:

Make sure your Pre has Google as its default profile. Manually add a new contact (make one up if you need to with a bogus number or email address). Wait a few minutes and check to see if it syncs with your Google account on your PC (I'm assuming you have your Gmail account on your Pre).
    And they wont Sync to Google automatically either. Part of Synergy is keeping your separate contact lists separate in the original sources, only merged in your phone. I would love to see an option when editing or viewing a contact to push it to additional profiles. I don't think I would ever want to do that with ALL of my contacts though.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    And they wont Sync to Google automatically either. Part of Synergy is keeping your separate contact lists separate in the original sources, only merged in your phone. I would love to see an option when editing or viewing a contact to push it to additional profiles. I don't think I would ever want to do that with ALL of my contacts though.
    I think I get what you are saying. Seems plam's logic is to give you a seemless window to all of your contacts, but not to provide a platform to keep them all in sync on different places.

To me, when you say "I will sync your exchange and gmail contacts" means that the two worlds will be merged, I will see my exchange contacts in gmail and vice versa.

So I switched my default contacts account to gmail, and created a new contact. Hit "Sync now" waited, hit "sync now" again, but still no contact in gmail. Nothing showed up in gmail or exchange.
    I think I get what you are saying. Seems plam's logic is to give you a seemless window to all of your contacts, but not to provide a platform to keep them all in sync on different places.

To me, when you say "I will sync your exchange and gmail contacts" means that the two worlds will be merged, I will see my exchange contacts in gmail and vice versa.

So I switched my default contacts account to gmail, and created a new contact. Hit "Sync now" waited, hit "sync now" again, but still no contact in gmail. Nothing showed up in gmail or exchange.
    No need to hit synch now. Give it a few. Sometimes, depending on the server traffic, etc it could take a few. Mine usually syncs with Gmail almost instantly. You are getting your Gmail on your Pre, correct?
  8.    #8  
    Yup, getting gmail on my pre just fine.

I set up both the mail and contacts for gmail to sync as an EAS server. Should I continue to have mail sync via IMAP?

Make sure your contact has the google icon next to it when you pull it up (may need to hit edit) not the palm or exchange icon. If it doesn't, then something else was your default account when you created it. Or like Achill3s said, maybe it's being slow. I deleted a Google contact from my phone (it was a bogus one I created as a test) a while ago and it didn't delete in Google.
    Yup, getting gmail on my pre just fine.

I set up both the mail and contacts for gmail to sync as an EAS server. Should I continue to have mail sync via IMAP?
    As an EAS server? I believe this should only be used with Outlook. Gmail should be just added as a regular IMAP account. You're incoming mail server should say:

imap.gmail.com

outgoing should be:

smtp.gmail.com

Unless you're just trying to sync the "My Contacts" in your Gmail? by default, all your contacts should sync once you get it all setup correctly.
  11.    #11  
    So here is what I'm going to do. 90% of my contacts are what I would consider "personal" on my work EAS server. I'm going to export them from outlook to CSV, and import them into my gmail.

Now that I understand how the Pre handels contacts, I can adjust myself accordingly, thanks for the help guys!
    OK, so I know this has been beat like a dead horse...

I'm trying to help out a friend that has a pre. When he got his pre he took it into sprint and they moved all of his contacts from his Sprint Sanyon (non-smart) phone onto his Pre. Things were fine. I kept telling him to get them synced into Google Contacts but he ignored this advice. Then he tells me a couple of days ago his phone wanted him to reboot. I'm not sure if this was the last update or what and so he does that and then finds out that all of his contacts were lost. So again, I'm not sure what has taken place.

Now under contacts he has the following:
    PALM PROFILE 176 contacts
    Google 8 contacts

When he clicks on a contact and clicks on edit it show for an icon the two little round sync arrows, like the refresh symbol. On a google contact it show the blue "g".

I belive I understand the contacts correctly in that you can not take those Palm Profile contacts and sync them UP to google. In other words the contacts will sync back and forth with Palm and they will sync back and forth with google and exchange but you CAN NOT pull contacts that are Palm sync contacts and move them UP to your google contacts. OK, I'm assuming that is a correct assumption.

So, I'm assuming that when he had his old phone contacts placed on his phone... Note: I'm not sure what the Sprint person did to do this, was it some hardware cable,box arrangement? Did he tell the old Sanyo phone to move them UP to sprint and then move them down to the pre? Again, not sure. But I believe when this was done that the default account in Contacts was Palm Profile.

Questions:
    1. If the default profile was set to Google when this was done, would they have been moved up to Google?

2. If that is the case then lets proceed:

3. How do you get rid of ALL 176 contacts in the Palm Profile? (Assuming that the Sprint Store can migrate them again from his old phone)?

Any other way that using simple access (Not rooted, etc) he can get all of his contacts moved up to his Google contacts? Again, I think the answer is NOPE.

Any other ideas are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by mantry View Post
    3. How do you get rid of ALL 176 contacts in the Palm Profile? (Assuming that the Sprint Store can migrate them again from his old phone)?

Any other way that using simple access (Not rooted, etc) he can get all of his contacts moved up to his Google contacts? Again, I think the answer is NOPE.

Any other ideas are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
    If he still has his old phone, I would use BitPim to extract the contacts from it, pull up the csv file into Excel and clean up the data, then import that into Google contacts via the website and then let the phone pull them down from there. BitPim is an open source app that works with most all CDMA phones (if it's not in the list select other CDMA phone)

I don't know how to wipe them from his Palm profile, but they should link up via Synergy since the info is the same.
    Ok, I've used BITpim before on my older phones. yeah, that could work. Part of the issue is I'm having to do this over the phone or through email, so that may be more hassel than it is worth. It may be easier to just say, SEND ME YOUR OLD PHONE IN TH EMAIL, and I'll type them in to his GOOGLE myself.

Still the underlying question, how to get rid of all those Contacts in the Palm Profile?