Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We have all seen the "uploaded by iPhone Facebook App" and "Facebook for Blackberry" in the news//live feed. I've already seen a bunch of "uploaded by MOTO Blur" and the phone just came out. I know it's android but this is a huge marketing tool that we aren't diving into. I leave the "Send from my Palm Pre" in my emails just to help them out with spreading the word and talking with people but facebook is a huge market.

Get on that Pleassse.
    good point, it has been established that palm dropped the ball big time whem it comes to FB. Android phones have it built in... Its makes you wonder who the hell is running things over there???
    +1 a little market research would pay off for palm. I would be willing to place a considerable wager on palm waiting for a 3rd party to handle this, free of charge.
    facebook app is coming when the pixi is launched, but it is still long overdue
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    good point, it has been established that palm dropped the ball big time whem it comes to FB. Android phones have it built in... Its makes you wonder who the hell is running things over there???
    Facebook, shazam, and I just read slacker is out for android on day Droid comes out. While app store in beta, they should have had a few 'key' apps done at launch to whet everyone appetite and get exposure.

Pre needs to fix things fast.
    Last edited by donm527; 11/06/2009 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    +1 a little market research would pay off for palm. I would be willing to place a considerable wager on palm waiting for a 3rd party to handle this, free of charge.
    Palm is too busy building on the i$unes OS while forgetting everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    Palm is too busy building on the i$unes OS while forgetting everyone else.
    That's BS. It's been said that it doesn't take more than a few hours to re-enable iTunes sync when Palm releases an update. If it's only taking a few hours to re-enable iTunes sync, that's not taking much at all away from someone working on a Facebook app.

The other apps mentioned in this thread are THIRD PARTY, meaning Palm won't be the one building them. Maybe they could do a better job convincing these third parties that WebOS is a viable platform, but that's a completely different issue altogether.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Personally, x.facebook.com handles all my current facebook on my phone needs since they've updated it. I'd rather they focus development on improving the operating system and pushing major advances then waste too many resources on an app that if people want extended functionality - is already being tackled by third party developers as it is.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Facebook should write their own app. Palm should be providing them support. I prefer Palm work on WebOs more than apps. The apps will come.
    Pre already has a Facebook app. FriendsFlow works great. May not be official, but it's a damned good app.
    Yeah guys, why are you gettting on Palm's case when everything you mentioned were 3rd party app?

I agree, i miss those apps, but remember, Android is older than WebOS as well.....it all takes time. I'm excited for next summer when a new WebOS device probably will be out along with a big software overhaul.
    Yes, Palm should have gone to Facebook and get this working if they hadnt by launch to make it a selling point.

You see facebook posts saying "with MotoBlur" now... you have Droid and other Android phones coming out from all directions with this recent Marketing Blitz and they will have it and people will want it.

Hopefully when Pixi comes out then Facebook is no longer an issue and they need a major software update and App Store out of beta before they are available on Verizon. They messed up not being fixed by European launch.

They need these things up by Verizon launch. Not for competing with iPhone at this point. To compete with the other platforms on Verizon if they have a chance of making a huge impact on Verizon and sell millions. Because if they don't, Verizon will shove them in a corner and sell them while they bank on Android.

If you want an example, look at Storm2... you see Verizon pumping them? one commercial I've seen. Otherwise a quiet entry into their line and shoved in a corner while Droid takes center stage.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    Facebook should write their own app. Palm should be providing them support. I prefer Palm work on WebOs more than apps. The apps will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by teej51685 View Post
    That's BS. It's been said that it doesn't take more than a few hours to re-enable iTunes sync when Palm releases an update. If it's only taking a few hours to re-enable iTunes sync, that's not taking much at all away from someone working on a Facebook app.

The other apps mentioned in this thread are THIRD PARTY, meaning Palm won't be the one building them. Maybe they could do a better job convincing these third parties that WebOS is a viable platform, but that's a completely different issue altogether.

How is it BS? It may be said that "it doesn't take more than a few hours to re-enable itunes sync..." How many of those hours have been wasted doing that when they should have been fixing the problems and making their own facebook app like Droid, Blackberry, etc...

I love how you itunes freaks jump and defend this.

The phone is broke, web app has memory leaks, phone app is slow, lacks extra sound settings, no facebook app, and a lot of other problems... And all they care about is fixing itunes sync.

Keep it up palm...you guys will surely lose a lot of market share at this rate. Good Job!
    it definitely is not the same as having a dedicated app...

my co worker just got the Droid and that is one nice phone! Facebook app sweet. Synergy type of thing with all his contacts from gmail, facebook, etc.

wrote a little about it in the fugly thread

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...-phugly-3.html

slick phone. Android is riding a wave right now.

Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Personally, x.facebook.com handles all my current facebook on my phone needs since they've updated it. I'd rather they focus development on improving the operating system and pushing major advances then waste too many resources on an app that if people want extended functionality - is already being tackled by third party developers as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    The thing that bugged me the most was when Sprint release that commercial highlighting Facebook and when the scene spun around, it was a Palm Pre. Um...yea...hello? I wonder how many people felt ripped off when they went to buy the Palm Pre only to find out that a Facebook app doesn't even exist.
    Other than FriendsFlow, PalmBook looks like a pretty interesting FB client
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/palmbook
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    The thing that bugged me the most was when Sprint release that commercial highlighting Facebook and when the scene spun around, it was a Palm Pre. Um...yea...hello? I wonder how many people felt ripped off when they went to buy the Palm Pre only to find out that a Facebook app doesn't even exist.
    You're able to try the phone before you buy it, if Facebook were that important, wouldn't it be one of the first things checked out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You're able to try the phone before you buy it, if Facebook were that important, wouldn't it be one of the first things checked out?
    That isn't the point. Palm clearly advertised in a misleading way, I think is what he/she is getting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    That isn't the point. Palm clearly advertised in a misleading way, I think is what he/she is getting at.
    You mean Sprint did? And no, they didn't, because there is clearly a mobile Facebook app, and the Pre clearly supports Facebook integration of contacts.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I really want an app that looks just like the touch.facebook site and operates like Twee. The facebook site is good, yes, but there is already an issue with running out of memory several websites, which obviates the efficacy of multitasking if each time you switch between open web pages you must wait for them to refresh.

Palmbook definitely looks interesting and I'd like to see where they take it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast