Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    We already have a facebook app - two of them actually..

I'm a big fan of FriendsFlow - it has better functionality then my old wm6 phone did, and does 90% of what I need a facebook app to do in it's latest beta build. (only thing missing for me is photo uploading/tagging)

..and when you set your message from it, it says set by friendsflow or something similar. (the author couldn't use the words pre or facebook in his app)

-mark
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Facebook, shazam, and I just read slacker is out for android on day Droid comes out. While app store in beta, they should have had a few 'key' apps done at launch to whet everyone appetite and get exposure.
    I agree. I would go even further as Palm should pay the developers to write programs on Pre (I think there was a rumor about them doing that). Especially some of the key programs mentioned.

I think as long as the most popular apps are on Pre, average users would not care if there are 100,000, 10,000 or 1000 apps in the app store.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    there are lots of trivia and picture searching apps though! yeah!!!
    why dont you go to www.shazam.com and make them aware of their spelling error before they embarrase themselves for mispelling their own app. those guys at shazam.com are morons eh reagan?

as far as the api... what they want to release in the sdk to developers is up to them... if they really thought smart and wanted facebook and shazzam (how's the spelling there reagan?) or slacker, they can give them the api or whatever is needed to get it running if they really wanted to.

btw... you should know what you are talking about before you start spouting off yourself there kid. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by reagan247 View Post
    You just listed 2 of the 3 apps that needs API's that Palm doesn't have in their SDK... how are we supposed have a Shazzam app (that's how it's correctly spelled by the way) when there's no current way to utilize the microphone API for 3rd party developers? Think about this stuff before posting random, misspelled posts... jeeze

As for the Facebook app, it was a poor call on Palm's part not to have developed - or had someone develop - a native, official FB app for out of the box use. What good is FB synergy if there's only a lack-luster, scaled down "app" to utilize Facebook with on the Pre? That being said, I still use the mobile site, I just wish I didn't have to at the moment...
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    why dont you go to www.shazam.com and make them aware of their spelling error before they embarrase themselves for mispelling their own app. ...

as far as the api... what they want to release in the sdk to developers is up to them... if they really thought smart and wanted facebook and shazzam (how's the spelling there reagan?) or slacker, they can give them the api or whatever is needed to get it running if they really wanted to.
    he he!

i gotta agree. it's up to palm. i don't think consumers are expecting too much either. in fact i think a native twitter, facebook, and even myspace app are still a no brainer for launch at the very least. like stuff like that would have been priority number one for me when it comes to apps. i'm sure they got paid by nascar so ok whatever, but like it or not (and i don't twitter) facebook and twitter are like the biggest media things there is now. stuff like espn gets sports people, etc etc. Personally i think like you said "it's up to them." My gut thinks if they applied themselves they could have had an app in two weeks. I only say that cause i heard a homebrew guy say he was starting an app and the darn thing was getting posted within a week. And you gotta figure when you're paying people you could do that good.

never heard of shazam either. just looked it up. funny their iphone app is free. bet if it hit our app catalog it would be $4.99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You mean Sprint did? And no, they didn't, because there is clearly a mobile Facebook app, and the Pre clearly supports Facebook integration of contacts.
    Ur right, Sprint is what I meant. I'm actually fine with the newest iteration of x.fb.com and synergy. Its not perfect but whatevs. It is just so easy to see what ppl really want from palm and the potential of the pre and wonder why, after 5 months, we're seeing the same requests and gripes from new pre owners as we saw at launch.

It just isn't good business and I hope the wheels start turning a bit faster because I like palm products and I want to see them compete in this extremely fast paced industry.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Facebook? we have friends flow (pretty good homebrew now app catalog app), the new palmbook(needs work but shows promise), and of course the x/touch.facebook.com mobile site (which started out weak, but is pretty good now)

Honestly? The facebook app from Palm when it comes, IMO will be just so so comparatively.
  8.    #28  
    Does friends flow highlight what phone you are using? That is my question and the whole point of this thread. Advertising. Creepy girl is doing wonders for the pre. I just think we needed something native so the word could spread quickly. I honestly don't care about the app.
    People need to stop bringing up friends flow, seriously it is not a substitute.
    Palm releasing a game changing phone without a native official facebook client is like a flagship verizon phone without multi-touch....oh wait
    touch.facebook is awful. Doesn't update, you click on things and nothing loads, takes you to the wrong places, no way to go back one step, etc. TERRIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    People need to stop bringing up friends flow, seriously it is not a substitute.
    Palm releasing a game changing phone without a native official facebook client is like a flagship verizon phone without multi-touch....oh wait
    BURN!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12