1.    #1  
    Hey Pre community not sure if anyone has done this yet just thought since i set up a pretty sweet system i would share it with the rest of the world.

If you have vista/win 7 (i set it up on both):

-Link your Palm pre to the google calendars (free and easy)
    -Download Google Calendars for the sidebar (free)

Now you can create calendar entries from the sidebar that auto sync to the pre from there Its actually very cool how you enter entries aswell.

The calendar app on the sidebar displays each entry in a nice lil column view aswell and you can throw different themes on it.

For a nice lil touch turn the opacity down on all of the gadgets on the sidebar down to 20% it looks very plush then you just mouse over them and they light up.

**Optional and also tested**

If you have and use outlook you can download and install:
    "Google Calendar Sync 0.9.3.5"
    And set it up to sync the outlook calendar with a sync time of every 10 min (only for regular outlook users on a desktop for battery reasons)
    or you can set it up for longer periods
    It doesn't really matter because all you have to do whether or not outlook is open or not all you have to do is right click the icon on the right side of the taskbar, and click sync and it does the job.

By setting this up if you have all of this running at the same time it basically keeps all of your calenders working together as one and you don't have to enter it into all of them all you have to do is enter it into one and it syncs them all.

Im not banking on the fact that someone hasn't already figured this out just figured it out on my own and i couldn't find it in anything else so thought i would share it with everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedscater1 View Post
    Hey Pre community not sure if anyone has done this yet just thought since i set up a pretty sweet system i would share it with the rest of the world.

If you have vista/win 7 (i set it up on both):

-Link your Palm pre to the google calendars (free and easy)
    -Download Google Calendars for the sidebar (free)

Now you can create calendar entries from the sidebar that auto sync to the pre from there Its actually very cool how you enter entries aswell.

The calendar app on the sidebar displays each entry in a nice lil column view aswell and you can throw different themes on it.

For a nice lil touch turn the opacity down on all of the gadgets on the sidebar down to 20% it looks very plush then you just mouse over them and they light up.

**Optional and also tested**

If you have and use outlook you can download and install:
    "Google Calendar Sync 0.9.3.5"
    And set it up to sync the outlook calendar with a sync time of every 10 min (only for regular outlook users on a desktop for battery reasons)
    or you can set it up for longer periods
    It doesn't really matter because all you have to do whether or not outlook is open or not all you have to do is right click the icon on the right side of the taskbar, and click sync and it does the job.

By setting this up if you have all of this running at the same time it basically keeps all of your calenders working together as one and you don't have to enter it into all of them all you have to do is enter it into one and it syncs them all.

Im not banking on the fact that someone hasn't already figured this out just figured it out on my own and i couldn't find it in anything else so thought i would share it with everyone else
    Can I have the link to the specific sidebar gadget your speaking about? Thanks!
  3.    #3  
    cheers, dont really need the sidebar bit, as you can just do it from your google account, but a great help, thanks
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    What I find really useful with this is allowing my wife to see my work calendar.

So I have outlook, and the google sync running on my desk top.

I've given permission for my wifes google account to access my google calendar, so she can add apointments in there without having to tell me. They appear on my Pre and in my Outlook at work.

Saves the "I did tell you last week" discussions!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    What I find really useful with this is allowing my wife to see my work calendar...

...I've given permission for my wifes google account to access my google calendar, so she can add apointments in there without having to tell me. They appear on my Pre and in my Outlook at work.

Saves the "I did tell you last week" discussions!

I did the same thing but I have to keep reminding her to actually put things on the calendar... She is still stuck on using a markerboard calendar in the kitchen Yeah cause that syncs right up with my calendar, Thanks babe.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboy182 View Post
    I did the same thing but I have to keep reminding her to actually put things on the calendar... She is still stuck on using a markerboard calendar in the kitchen Yeah cause that syncs right up with my calendar, Thanks babe.
    You need a new policy - if its not in google cal it doesnt happen! I put a link on her desk top too....
    I recently did this, and made a rule in outlook to redirect all my emails to my gmail account. Now I don't have to open up outlook at all.
  9.    #9  
    Im glad that it helped lol I added the sidebar bit in because its the easiest way to add things on the go ya kno? Just type it on in your side bar and it goes to your phone, outlook, and Google calendars

Its a nice free way to set up an office too if they all have pre's or even just the desk top widgit all members can sync to the 1 google calendar and add or delete appointments