Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I have spent several hours on the phone today with my ISP ATT trying to configure my out going mail server to no avail. a couple of months ago it worked and the all a sudden it quit working on me. Incoming mail server works fine, can send just can't receive. And I remember having the same issue with my treo's having to configure the out going server using sprints server.
    If any one could be of any support it would be much appreciated
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by crash712us View Post
    I have spent several hours on the phone today with my ISP ATT trying to configure my out going mail server to no avail. a couple of months ago it worked and the all a sudden it quit working on me. Incoming mail server works fine, can send just can't receive. And I remember having the same issue with my treo's having to configure the out going server using sprints server.
    If any one could be of any support it would be much appreciated
    I'm having the same problem with Charter. I matched my configuration settings on my phone to that on my Outlook account at home. POP seems to be okay but when I go to fire off a test email I get "error sending "<email subject>"

    I had it setup and working fine before the last webOS update came out and ended up using webOS doctor on my phone due to the inconsistent nature of my applying patches.

    Is there somewhere in the email app I can see more specific logs/error info besides "error" and a black ! on a yellow triangle?
  3. #3  
    Forgot to mention that I have many of the email patches applied via Pre-Ware (as well as many other patches), not sure if that has any bearing on what I'm experiencing
  4. #4  
    It magically started working about 15 minutes ago. I was watching TV and I got an email. Tried forwarding that on to my other email address and it sent right away.

    Weird, but at least it's working now.
  5. #5  
    It's magically (or not so magically) broke again.
  6. #6  
    It worked twice today as I received two emails, but it broke again soon thereafter. No idea what's going on with this
  7. #7  
    My issue has cleared on its own. I can now send/receive emails w/o problem
  8. tnrambler's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #8  
    I have a bellsouth.net address and have had no problems. I let the system configure and I've had no problems receiving or sending email. Also, I don't have any of the email patches on my phone. All of the ATT.net mail is (or should be) handled through yahoo. As the changeover is being made you can expect tremendous difficulty if you are still pointing to the old att.net servers (went through hell on our laptops but haven't had problems on the phones). You might try deleting the account on your pre and then setting it up again.

    The phone set me up with an IMAP service.
    Incoming mail server= palm.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    username= your fully qualified email address (ie yourname@bellsouth.net)
    port# 993
    encrytion=SSL

    Outgoing mail server = palm.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Use authentication=ON
    username= fully qualified email address as above
    port# 465
    Encryption=SSL

    Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions