Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Hello all you experts out there. I have a question regarding gmail's ability to send email with a different return address and the pre.

First some background. I have a hotmail (now windows live) account that I have used for years but don't want to abandon it; it would take forever to get everyone switched. Anyway...

I know that gmail has the capability to push out email (send) with a different return address, in this case my hotmail address. And this works great when I send email from my gmail account online. However, when I send from my gmail account through my Pre, it always shows my gmail account as the sender.

I would have thought gmail would have filtered this and fixed it before it was sent. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I want to use gmail because of the way gmail interracts with the Pre, which is much easier than hotmail.

Thanks in advance.
    If you goto the gmail account preferences on the pre (in the pre drop down menu) you can tap on the reply to address box and change it from your gmail address to your hotmail address.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    If you goto the gmail account preferences on the pre (in the pre drop down menu) you can tap on the reply to address box and change it from your gmail address to your hotmail address.
    That doesn't work; it still shows that the email came from the original Gmail address. If the recipient then replies, it would go to the new "reply to," address.

To the original poster; I couldn't work out how to do this either but eventually got my Hotmail account to work with the Pre anyway. As far as I can see, the only way to do what you want to do is set up each account seperately on the Pre (or at least each one you want to be able to send emails from), unlinking them in Gmail as you go so you don't get them sent to the Pre twice.