View Poll Results: What are the top three things you do on your Pre?

Voters
686. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phone

471 68.66%
  • Contact Management

200 29.15%
  • Calendar / scheduling

369 53.79%
  • Tasks

58 8.45%
  • Memos

50 7.29%
  • Email

469 68.37%
  • Social Networking (Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc)

141 20.55%
  • Messaging / IM

296 43.15%
  • Listening to Music / Watching Video

124 18.08%
  • Taking Pictures

60 8.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    definitely web browsing also.
    I actually do "all the above" but ticked what I do most *on* the Pre. G'luck to all.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Canít seem to get company e-mail working with exchange server, and phone only syncs with web based e-mail.
    At least the palm desk top would let you take you last 50 e-mails on the road with you for reference.
    I use it for most of the list. I don't listen to music or watch videos. And I have a high end DSLR for pictures that is with me most of the time.
    Finished voting, I hope I win!!!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    my fourth choice would have been the phone (which is also in need for a speed update). It is very laggy when switching from another app to answer a call.
    Ditto...
    I browse the internet a lot but its not an option
    Contact Management was a very close fourth to social networking. The main reason I didn't choose it is that with the Pre, I'm not doing much "management", just letting the device do it's thing.

I've long since abandoned Tasks and Memos, waiting for a solution that truely integrates them in a usable way for me.
    Top 3 was hard. I have a Pre because at least 6 are very important, 3 others somewhat important!
    My fourth choice is "Music" ... I need music to sooth my nerves be it driving or working...etc.I dont see how talking on phone constantly while driving makes for a productive day to me.It just adds to the stress factor in my book
    I voted.

This would sooo increase my productivity. Thanks.
    If "Web Browsing" was a choice, it would've been my 1st...
    Well not only does Web Browsing not show up, but what about some of the other Apps we are using like FindMYCar (which I love when you go to a larger event like I did at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta last month).

However back to sync with Outlook over USB Ė hmmmmmm what happen to the idea of no cables and WiFi? I am fine with the cost of $40 or so, but no WiFi sync guys letís get real here. If I can drag and drop using WinSCP and SFTP over WiFi then sync over WiFi should be possible.

Footnote: Palm, this should real be a standard coming with the phone!
    This is a great idea, I currently just copy and paste all my files from the Pre to my PC once a week, it's aritual. Other than my contacts being saved via the daily back up, I like this feature to do it via USB, this way my wife can see my calendar and know where I am and perhaps schedule more stuff for me (I am a wrestling referee, they call me for assignments all the time, my wife does not have my calendar), this would defenitely help me get more stuff much easier! I have my email checking on a minute to minute basis, I needs this!! HOOK ME UP!

WAY TO GO COMPANIONLINK!!! (little brown suger on me, hold one, let me wipe dat!..lol)
    I chose Phone, Calendar and E-mail for the Poll. However, I also heavily rely on Memos and Contacts. I used to regularly use ToDo Lists, but find it completely lacking on the Pre.
    browse the web would have been number one had it been there!!!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    In!
    Sync me.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Also left out...NAVIGATION

Nav is really great.

But I am kinda hoping Google will make their new nav with street view available on the Pre. (or maybe Telenav will incorporate this using the Google data?)
    A "play games" choice was also left out, though that would not have been near my top 3. Hopefully this will change as Palm eventually gets updated video drivers and a way to engage the full capabilities of the phone's hardware.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast