1.    #1  
    Seems odd there isnt a wireless solution.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Not that surprising, really. Aside from double twist and the like, the Pre only syncs when plugged in after Palm re-hacks syncing and before Apple breaks it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    Seems odd there isnt a wireless solution.
    I agree ... I'd really like to never plug in that USB port again!! But unfortunately the answer is no (at least for iTunes right now).

There is a way to get FTP/SFTP access to the Pre, and then you can wirelessly transfer files. Check the WebOS Internals site of you're interested.

The other interesting thing you can do with music is set up an Ampache server. There's a couple of Ampache clients in the Homebrew Apps. But this just lets you stream your own music collection over the web, so you need consistent net access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    Not that surprising, really. Aside from double twist and the like, the Pre only syncs when plugged in after Palm re-hacks syncing and before Apple breaks it again.
    Does this lead me to infer that double twist syncs over wifi or maybe even bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Oops, I didn't mean to lead you on like that, as far as I know, double twist only syncs over usb, what I meant was that the Pre only syncs with iTunes when Palm is ahead of the update battle unless you're using double twist or something similar, but even then its only usb syncing.
    It really is surprising that Palm did not come up with a wireless syncing solution for music. I mean everything else can be done without opening the cover: charging, syncing all other info, uploading pictures. It'd be great if someone could create a media manager that handles wifi or bluetooth syncing.