Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay, found out what the problem was.

Went into the Date and Time settings. Both Network Time and Network Time Zone were set to on. I had also noticed that it was only my all day appointments that were a day early after March 14th. I turned off Network Time Zone and found it was set to somewhere in Canada. I am in Houston, TX. Not sure why it was SO wrong, so I manually set it to my time zone. Went into the calendar, and everything is fixed.

So, now the question is, why is it not picking the appropriate Network Time Zone for me? It is getting the correct Network Time......
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I'm in St Louis but instead of Network Time Zone being USA Chicago Central Time it defaults to Canada Winnipeg Central Time (I believe Winnepeg I had already changed it manually)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    I'm in St Louis but instead of Network Time Zone being USA Chicago Central Time it defaults to Canada Winnipeg Central Time (I believe Winnepeg I had already changed it manually)
    Yeah, mine was something like Regina Canada. Why the hell is it putting out time zone somewhere in Canada? And apparently that screws up Daylight savings time stuff. So yeah setting it manually works, but if a person is traveling, it would be nice for it to know automatically......
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    Okay, found out what the problem was.

Went into the Date and Time settings. Both Network Time and Network Time Zone were set to on. I had also noticed that it was only my all day appointments that were a day early after March 14th. I turned off Network Time Zone and found it was set to somewhere in Canada. I am in Houston, TX. Not sure why it was SO wrong, so I manually set it to my time zone. Went into the calendar, and everything is fixed.

So, now the question is, why is it not picking the appropriate Network Time Zone for me? It is getting the correct Network Time......
    So that fixed the Daylight Savings Time problem you were having? It didn't for me. Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by mnlitig8r View Post
    So that fixed the Daylight Savings Time problem you were having? It didn't for me. Hmm...
    Yeah, it appears to have solved my problem.
    Just noticed this problem on my pre tonight - but it only effected one of about five google calendars I have displayed. I did the manual time zone thing and its all good now.
    Darn! I've been struggling with this issue for MONTHS, and just discovered this solution! For a device that trumpets it's "location aware" features, this is a particularly "stupid" bug! I sure hope they'll have a fix in 1.4
    I have wrong dates with Yahoo caledar.
    Turning off network time zone fixed the problem for me except for the appointments entered on the pre while the time zone was set wrong. (It said I was in the Cayman Islands instead of Detroit, EST. Apparently, the time zone stayed attached to appointments.) Appointments that were entered in the pre still changed to Cayman Island time. I had to fix them manually after I changed the time zone setting. Those that were entered in Outlook or Google Calendar were OK after I manually set the time zone.

I also noticed while travelling that the day long appointments stagger over two days when you are in a different time zone than where they were entered. I haven't left this time zone since I turned off the network time zone setting. It will be interesting to see if my phone finds local time when I travel and if the appointments still move on my calendar to reflect local time.
    Yep, I noticed the same problem when a few clients wanted to change appointments a month in advance. Thanks for the fix. My time Zone was listed as somewhere in Canada. I too noticed the same problem that Dale has and have had to go back and manually fix the few appointments I scheduled when I was magically transported to Canada according my Pre. I have had far too many issues with the calendar app on the Pre. I was an early adopter and thought Palm would have ironed out the bugs in the app by this time. Oh how I miss my Treo. The calendar app was much more functional and I had just about zero problems.

I also posted this on the Palm forum and got no responses. That forum is almost totally worthless. It is unbelievable to me that the users on this forum have been responsible for finding bugs and fixes which are to some extent ignored by Palm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12