View Poll Results: Do you think Palm should continue this fight?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I heart iTunes sync.

17 36.96%
  • No, this is making them looking bad and not helping market share.

11 23.91%
  • If they had simply developed their own sync program, this whole thing would be moot.

18 39.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is just getting silly.

p.s. would have added an option to say "Who the f*** cares?? Not me." but I can't edit the poll :-\
    Last edited by drummer12; 10/29/2009 at 06:11 PM.
    http://www.precentral.net/itunes-upd...ync-dead-again

I'd like to see them keep at it as long as the sync fixes remain "easy." iTunes just works and I don't feel like using anything else at the moment. Plus a working iTunes sink helps attract new customers.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/29/2009 at 03:43 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Yup...beat me to the punch. Was trying to put up a poll
    If the fix is something that takes a single person a few hours, then by all means they should continue, but if it's something that they'd have to throw a ton of resources at, then it's a waste.
    Not a bid deal. I'll stay at the current version of itunes since I don't need Apple TV.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I think its time they teamed up with amazon for their own music program.

Then again, im all for the fight, it gets palms name out there.
    I just like the idea of palm sticking it to the man.
    Where is the "I really don't care, let them do what they feel they should do." option? None of those work for me.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I'm tired of iTunes and apple trying to take over my computer. I only use iTunes for music and numerous times I have taken much time to add artwork to every track in my 70 gig plus library only to have almost all of the artwork stripped out by the following iTunes update. I am still running iTunes 7.5, and refuse to update.

Once my credit is finally used up with iTunes (from gift cards) I am saying good bye to iTunes for good. I still haven't figured out what program I will use next, but I am tired of the stranglehold Apple has to have on iTunes, they don't care about customers, they only care about making money and selling more apple products.
    I'd say most successful companies take this approach. That's the reason they exist after all. As a consumer we have the freedom to do whatever we like, just like the companies.

Quote Originally Posted by espio View Post
    they only care about making money and selling more apple products.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/itunes-upd...ync-dead-again

I'd like to see them keep at it as long as the sync fixes remain "easy." iTunes just works and I don't feel like using anything else at the moment. Plus a working iTunes sink helps attract new customers.
    I don't "heart iTunes"; but I agree, as long as the fixes require little resources, keep poking 'em in the eye and making iTunes users happy.
    If it takes just a few hours to fix it, then Palm should have an update for it by the end of today.

That's reassuring..
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If it takes just a few hours to fix it, then Palm should have an update for it by the end of today.

That's reassuring..
    And what makes you think they will have an update tomorrow?

If I recall correctly, they've never "fixed" itunes sync the day after itunes update was released. but i could be wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    And what makes you think they will have an update tomorrow?

If I recall correctly, they've never "fixed" itunes sync the day after itunes update was released. but i could be wrong..
    You're right. I changed it to end of today. After all, if it just takes a few hours, then they're jerks for making us wait til tomorrow don't ya think? :P
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I've never used iTunes, and never will. I hate Apple and their ridiculously idiotic proprietary products. Their sense of elitism is downright disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Change View Post
    I've never used iTunes, and never will. I hate Apple and their ridiculously idiotic proprietary products. Their sense of elitism is downright disgusting.
    Single solutions like itunes annoy me too. I must prefer using a combination of drag n drop, doublesync, and a spreadsheet.
    I'm pretty sure that Palm has already stated that they'll continue to fix iTunes syncing as long as it doesn't require an inordinate amount of resources. If they fix it, then, it's fair to assume that it's pretty trivial.

As far as Palm offering a syncing app, I'd rather they spent their resources on WebOS optimization and extending the SDK. Seriously. There are other solutions out there for syncing music, including drag-and-drop.

I do agree that Palm should make an official statement about this at some point, perhaps something along the lines of "Apple has decided to make things more difficult for their iTunes customers, and so unfortunately Palm products will no longer support iTunes."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    What a horrible poll.
    I don't care for Itunes. It's a horrible program anyway... I was forced to use it when I got my ipod years ago... Ever since then, I have never bought an apple product.

If Palm fixes it, good for them.
    But in all honesty, why would you use Itunes?
    I feel like there are better options.
    Also, the poll is incomplete--needs to have an option for "Frankly, my dear, I couldn't give a damn."
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You're right. I changed it to end of today. After all, if it just takes a few hours, then they're jerks for making us wait til tomorrow don't ya think? :P
    They're probably jerks because they haven't changed their name to something you like better.

For the rest of us, rolling it into the update that's likely coming sometime very soon (before the Pixi is released next month) is probably adequate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast