Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    It will recognize as a USB but Media Sync will not work. When I try Media Sync it will show in the bottom right corner that an iPod was connected. Then it prompts that it wants to install software for the new piece of hardware I installed.

    Whats my next move? Thanks
    There is no spoon
  2. #2  
    Open up itunes and treat your Pre as an Ipod. Make sure you have the latest version of Web OS and of itunes.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    I definitely have the latest version of WebOS and it looks like I can't update iTunes since it won't sync right now anyway per the latest iTunes update.

    Any what do you mean by "open up iTunes and treat the Pre as an iPod"?

    I am stumpped. Any other suggestions?
    There is no spoon
  4. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #4  
    You will have to use a third-part sync utility like Double-Twist [see PreCentrals home page] or you will have to find an older version of iTunes, install it, and then turn off updates.

    I have two older copies of iTunes. V9.01 will work for you. I also have 8.somethng also. Too big for email....let me know how you want to receive it, if you want it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    You will have to use a third-part sync utility like Double-Twist [see PreCentrals home page] or you will have to find an older version of iTunes, install it, and then turn off updates.

    I have two older copies of iTunes. V9.01 will work for you. I also have 8.somethng also. Too big for email....let me know how you want to receive it, if you want it.


    Thanks but I tried Double Twist and my PC still will not recognize Media Sync. I have been on iTunes 8.1.1.10 for a while.
    There is no spoon
  6.    #6  
    Hey guys,
    I am bumping this thread because I still cannot connect via "Media Sync" on either of my laptops. I am all out of ideas.


    Any ideas?


    Thanks
    There is no spoon
  7. #7  
    OK....trying to copy Star Trek X to my Pre...can I use the digital copy instead of the original DVD? And I've tried 5 different Ripping titles to get the movie to my PRE....nothing works......or when it does....it will take 30 hours to do it.....SUggestions???
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  8. #8  
    You do realize that the Pre is not compatible with iTunes sync, aren't you?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You do realize that the Pre is not compatible with iTunes sync, aren't you?
    If you are speaking to me, then yes I am. I have tried double twist. It wont even get to the point where it is trying to open a program
    There is no spoon
  10. #10  
    Please tell us your OS, version, and SP (if appropriate).
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Please tell us your OS, version, and SP (if appropriate).
    XP home edition, Version 2002 and service pack 3 (is that what SP is?)

    Is that what you were looking for?


    Thanks
    There is no spoon

Posting Permissions