Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I've had to turn off the Facebook events in my calendar because they kept showing at weird times the following day (so if the event was Friday 9-3am, it would appear as Saturday 2am onwards).

I've checked every place where I can possibly input the time zone (phone, facebook, computer, you name it) and everything is as it should be - so what's going wrong?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Anyone got any thoughts on this? It's driving me crazy!
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Am I really the only person to be having this problem?
    Can anyone help?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    OK, I've found a botch for this: Re: Facebook Calendar Sync: Time offset issue? - Synergy (webOS) - Palm Support Community

Here's why it's happening:
    Facebook uses the local time of the computer it is called from, and all of the WebOS Synergy servers are in California. Therefore, if you are in any other timezone besides Pacific Standard, your events will be displaced on your calendar.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I took am having this problem. It makes the Facebook calendar useless to Pre users (except thos in the Pacific time zone of course).
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I continue to experience the same problem, even after updating to 1.3.1. I've gone to the Date / Time, disabled the auto network time, and manually changed to my time zone. Even after restarting the phone, my facebook calendar is still 2 hours off. Google calendar works fine. Confirmed event time on facebook. PLEASE FIX PALM!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Same issue here, but 3 hours behind... Mine is EST...
    Quote Originally Posted by orawas View Post
    Same issue here, but 3 hours behind... Mine is EST...
    yes here in europe the problem is even worse - 9h out of sync is ridiculous and totally useless.

this is due to be fixed for a long time palm... So much for a social networking cloudbased phone. Timezones should be one of the basic tasks...
    Palm needs to work with Facebook to get this issue resolved. This is a joke.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Agreed, I'm surprised it's still not working properly. Showing off how the phone syncs is great if it's works how it's supposed to. But I'd rather input events in my calendar manually with this problem...since unfortunately you can't edit synced information
    This must be facebook problem. I found this problem before I buy palm pre.

For my case. All the event in facebook start late and end late.

After I buy palm pre the problem really impact to me.

So we should ask facebook to fix the problem. Acturally that is not palm problem
    Do anyone know which timezone facebook using??

change the pre timezone same as facebook. it should work!!
    Unless you use other calendars, such as google, as well... then ALL of your info will be off -- LOL. There has to be another fix.

I had my facebook events turned off from syncing - now the new layout ensures I can never figure out how to turn it back on... anyone know where the 'event export' is on the new FB layout???