Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Sprint Mobile Email Work (SMEW)

My wife's IT dept told her she needs to add the SMEW to her Pre to access her corporate email. Isn't this basically what the Pre's email app is?

In that link it shows compatible phones as the Centro, the Instinct and a few Treos.

If her IT dept is wrong, what can she tell them to convince them she's already got it and what information do I need from them to get it going?

Sorry for the noobie post, and I appreciate any help, even if pointed to an existing thread. I've read a few exchange threads, but they threw me for a loop when they said I can't do it and need SMEW.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    if your wifes company uses an exchange 2007 or higher server all she needs to do is go to the pre's mail app add new account (manual) enter in her work email and pass and the exchange server address and domain name. Thats all depending if her IT dept wants to provide her with the exchange server address.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I can't believe my company uses lotus notes.... I think its the worst program ever
    Mnotes wireless on commontime is now available for palm pre. It has a 30 day trial to check it out. It is working great so far. downloaded my calendar and contacts as well as my folders to the phone. It allows realtime push and it even allows me to file the emails after reading. It DOES NOT WORK with lotus notes versions under 7.02 I found this out the hard way but once I upgraded my work computer to 8.5 it works great. Be prepared for sticker shock though. If you decide to buy its going to cost you $140 per year in advance. OUCH
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.S.Hardy View Post
    Mnotes wireless on commontime is now available for palm pre. It has a 30 day trial to check it out. It is working great so far. downloaded my calendar and contacts as well as my folders to the phone. It allows realtime push and it even allows me to file the emails after reading. It DOES NOT WORK with lotus notes versions under 7.02 I found this out the hard way but once I upgraded my work computer to 8.5 it works great. Be prepared for sticker shock though. If you decide to buy its going to cost you $140 per year in advance. OUCH
    Ouch is right She has a mobile phone (blackberry) provided by her work, but she would like to just use her pre and have it all go there if possible. I doubt we'll fork out 140 to make it work.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi mikemcq1. Good news is price for mNotes wireless from CommonTime has just come down. 50% cut means it is now $69.95 - that is under $6 a month which is good for a solution that really does work! We run a 14 day free trial for mNotes Wireless so might be worth your wife giving it a go on the Pre and seeing how it works for her. More info here: CommonTime : Products : mNotes . It is the Wireless product she will need as the Desktop only syncs on Windows Mobile devices. Hope this helps :-)