1.    #1  
    I just purchased a Mac and need help syncing my Pre to my new Mac. I believe most 3rd party sync apps take the info already on Mac and sync to Pre via Google or Palm Desktop. My Mac has no info stored on it and I want to have all my contacts and calendar info from my Pre synced to my Mac. Any Suggestions?
    I use The Missing Sync from Mark/Space on my mac and it works wonders. You can choose to have the Pre overwrite the desktop, the mac overwrite the Pre, or sync. In your case, you'd want the first or last option. It will take all of your calendars and contracts to it, but you have to be on the same wireless internet network. They sync over the internet to simulate cloud computing.

As for anything else: music, photos, ringtones: hook it up via USB and put it in drive mode. The program takes care of the rest.
    All your Pre calendar and contact info can be synced for free to your google account, and then you can access them from any internet connection at google calendar and google contacts. If you don't already have a google account they are free too.

Missing Sync and Spanning Sync are two programs you can pay for and sync your Pre to the iCal and Address Book programs on the Mac, but if you havent been using those mac programs, why pay for what google provides for free.
  4.    #4  
    I have read many bad reviews on Missing Sync, which kept me from trying it. Did you have any problems with it?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BS Mann View Post
    All your Pre calendar and contact info can be synced for free to your google account, and then you can access them from any internet connection at google calendar and google contacts. If you don't already have a google account they are free too.

Missing Sync and Spanning Sync are two programs you can pay for and sync your Pre to the iCal and Address Book programs on the Mac, but if you havent been using those mac programs, why pay for what google provides for free.
    My phone was recently damaged and I was hesitant in syncing with google, (not comfortable giving up my calendar info) but after going through a damaged phone and not having any info at all makes me think twice. I would still like to have it sync to my computer just so that I have access to it without going online.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpchmode View Post
    I have read many bad reviews on Missing Sync, which kept me from trying it. Did you have any problems with it?
    The version released had some lag issues with Snow Leopard before they released the free update. The update did fix any issues that I had with the program. I know some people did forget to connect to their home wireless network before trying to sync calendars/contacts.

Still, it's worth it to me. I love the iCal/Mail/Address Book combo and use it more than I ever use Google Calendar--in fact, I only have it to have my sister's schedule! The program has some nice perks as well: importing photos into iPhoto, music syncing without having to hope iTunes doesn't freak out about your Pre and a ring tone editor. It's a good program.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm running Tiger, so this doesn't work for me, but, assuming that you are running OS X 10.5.3 and above, you should be able to sync between iCal, Address Book and mail using solutions provided free through Google. Check out the Google help center for specifics.