1.    #1  
    I moved over to the Palm Pre from a Palm TX, so I used the Data Transfer Assistant to move my data over to the Pre. I transfered around 800 calendar entries to the Pre. And the Pre Calendar was unbelievably slow. 2-5 minutes to move from 1 day to the next.
    In an attempt to speed up the Calendar I deleted my Google Calendar and went with just the Palm Profile. I though if I had all my calendar entries on the Pre and eliminated the call to the cloud I could speed up the calendar.
    Of course we all know now that approach did not help the calendar speed at all.
    Between changing all my Repeat Forever entries, correcting the other entries the DTA messed up, and WebOS 1.2.1 my calendar has sped up to only taking a few seconds between days. It's still too slow, but so much faster than it was.
    The network administrators at work are not about to let anyone use EAS on a personal device, so I am thinking about attempting Google Calendar again.
    I am not about to re-enter all my calendar entries in the Google Calendar. Is there an automated method of transfering my Palm Profile Calendar entries to Google Calendar entries?

Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks.
    a FormerTXer
    No. Palm Profile doesn't allow any exports. And, Google doesn't go to the web for each access ... the data is on your Pre and just gets sync'ed occasionally.
    Global Posts
    941 Global Posts
    Missed out on a relatives birthday after syncing over my PalmOS calender to the Pre, didnt know the Pre wasnt able to display the birthday events when synced from previous device.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    I'm thinking in the other directions. With the fun and games the Sidekick users are enjoying - I was wondering if there's a way to import my calendar and contacts from Google into my Pre? It'll give me a peace of mind when the cloud becomes a thunderstorm instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazzyKC View Post
    I'm thinking in the other directions. With the fun and games the Sidekick users are enjoying - I was wondering if there's a way to import my calendar and contacts from Google into my Pre? It'll give me a peace of mind when the cloud becomes a thunderstorm instead.
    Uhh ... if you sync your Pre with a Google account, then all of your Calendar and Contacts ARE on your Pre (as well as on Google). If you really want to be safe, then use Google and periodically export a copy to your PC. Redundant data in 3 totally separate places is about as safe as it can be.
  6.    #6  
    So my best option is to create a Google Calendar and mark it as the default and just gradually move all my entries from the Palm Profile to the Google Calendar?

a FormerTXer
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerTXer View Post
    So my best option is to create a Google Calendar and mark it as the default and just gradually move all my entries from the Palm Profile to the Google Calendar?
    Yeah, pretty much. There's no way (at least no easy way) to export the data from Palm Profile. If you just create a Google Calendar and make it your default, then anything that gets entered after that goes there. You can still look at the Calendar events in the Palm Profile on the Pre, but they won't get synced to Google. If you need to have stuff accessible outside the Pre (any sort of repeating events or whatever), then it has to be moved manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. There's no way (at least no easy way) to export the data from Palm Profile. If you just create a Google Calendar and make it your default, then anything that gets entered after that goes there. You can still look at the Calendar events in the Palm Profile on the Pre, but they won't get synced to Google. If you need to have stuff accessible outside the Pre (any sort of repeating events or whatever), then it has to be moved manually.
    Has anybody been able to find a way to do a MASS Export of Palm Profile Calendar events to Google Calendar? Or do I just have to do a 1-by-1 update?
    Not from Palm Profile, but yes from your old Palm Desktop. Just download the Palm/Google sync free trial from CompanionLink.