1.    #1  
    Ok, this happened a few months ago and a reset managed to fix it. Happened again and now multiple resets haven't fixed it. I have 1 pop email acct (Comcast) that won't auto sync. Up at the top where it says 'Inbox' and then the # of msgs there is a yellow warning triangle (like the 1 I put in the title of this post) and if you tap it, it reads 'Updated 10/16/09. Next update in 0 minutes. Total emails 25' . Btw, it is set to update every 15 min and I tried changing that too and it still didn't fix.

Anyone know why? I have several email accts syncing and this is the only 1 with an issue. Same acct as last time too.
    I'm not sure why this happens but I had this same issue after doing webOS doctor, to fix it I just removed the e-mail account from my phone and then re-added it and it has been working fine since.
  3.    #3  
    Yea, I thought about doing that, but I feel like there should be a better answer (and an explanation would be nice too).

I guess the only downside to deleting the account is that I would loose any sent msgs that are stored on my Pre. And of course, when I re-add the acct then I will have a ton of unread emails again, but thats easy to manage thanks to the 'mark all read' button tweak
    I have this same issue and tried to remove my comcast account today. the pre thought the account was gone but you could still see it. Also, it meant that i couldn't add another account. I did a partial reset and it still didn't fix the issue. Highly annoying. :-/
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingnothing View Post
    I have this same issue and tried to remove my comcast account today. the pre thought the account was gone but you could still see it. Also, it meant that i couldn't add another account. I did a partial reset and it still didn't fix the issue. Highly annoying. :-/

Yea, I'm wondering if the issue is a Comcast issue and not a Pre issue. I have 5 email accts (gmail, msn, comcast, aim and another pop acct) and the only 1 with an issue is Comcast, again. Comcast does keep updating their email services, maybe they are f 'ing with the pop server settings or something?
  6.    #6  
    No one has any advise? I can't believe I am the only one experiencing this... twice.
    +1 for experiencing the issue after WebOS Doctor session. The Doctor is OUT
    Same here using Charter POP/SMTP account. Also used OSDoctor before upgrading to 1.2.1. Was working fine before that.

It has worked twice today and once last night. Last night I had given up on it and then when I was watching TV I got alerted that I had an email. Tried sending an email and it worked. Tried again 10 minutes later and it didn't work.

Today I have received two emails about 7 hours apart and haven't been able to send though; guess it is breaking too soon.

Edit: I also had to delete my email account and then recreate it on the Pre. The sync said it worked, but was unable to send or receive email.
    Last edited by Liberty Rebellion; 11/04/2009 at 10:03 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Last night, I logged into my email on my laptop. I had about 200 unread msgs in my inbox and another 580 unread that had been filtered into another folder. I cleaned up both these folders and marked them all read. Now my account is syncing fine on my Pre. No more warning triangle.

Not to sure why this worked, but it did. To many new msgs for the Pre to handle?
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Last night, I logged into my email on my laptop. I had about 200 unread msgs in my inbox and another 580 unread that had been filtered into another folder. I cleaned up both these folders and marked them all read. Now my account is syncing fine on my Pre. No more warning triangle.

Not to sure why this worked, but it did. To many new msgs for the Pre to handle?
    So your email was downloaded to your client? Were they also on the server your Pre syncs with? I thought that is how it worked

All my email is downloaded to my client at home and deleted from the server. When I leave home I shutdown my client (if I"m not going to be at work since I'm RDP'd into my home PC at all times) and I have my Pre copy emails over from the POP server.

I'm still getting a sporadic email spaced out hours apart. I"m thinking about deleting the account and re-adding it, though I don't know what good that will do since I've done it once.

Glad it's working for you!
  11.    #11  
    No, sorry. I don't use any local mail client, I was referring to using the comcast webmail site at comcast.net
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If you got Comcast email to synch with your Pre, let me know how please. I have my Comcast email as a second email and it won't synch correctly. If I delete an email from the web email, it doesn't delete it from the Pre inbox. However, if I delete an email from the Pre, it does delete it from the web email. So my Pre has emails going back a week that I didn't delete from the Pre. I think it has to do with the cat that Comcast uses a POP email system. The login server I am using is pop3.comcast.net. However, I think the other email systems mentioned and the EAS I am using are IMAP, which allows for synching. Of course I could be wrong on POP/IMAP. I'm not sure if the source I heard that from is totally reliable.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolira View Post
    If you got Comcast email to synch with your Pre, let me know how please. I have my Comcast email as a second email and it won't synch correctly. If I delete an email from the web email, it doesn't delete it from the Pre inbox. However, if I delete an email from the Pre, it does delete it from the web email. So my Pre has emails going back a week that I didn't delete from the Pre. I think it has to do with the cat that Comcast uses a POP email system. The login server I am using is pop3.comcast.net. However, I think the other email systems mentioned and the EAS I am using are IMAP, which allows for synching. Of course I could be wrong on POP/IMAP. I'm not sure if the source I heard that from is totally reliable.
    Unfortunately, you are correct. POP mail is sort of dated technology. When the mail is received, it is downloaded to your mail client (in this case, your Pre). Therefore, once it is downloaded, even if you delete it from the Comcast webmail page, it has already been downloaded to your Pre so obviously, there is no way for comcast.net to physically delete the msg off your Pre. Make sense?

As a "solution", you could set your Pre to receive from Comcast manually. that way, if you delete a msg from comcast.net it hasn't been downloaded to your Pre yet. Then, when you manually receive mail from the account onto your Pre, the msg you deleted from comcast.net is no longer on the server and therefore won't be downloaded to your Pre. Of course, this kinda defeats the whole concept and purpose of mobile email, but maybe it'll suit your needs.