Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    "The Pixi will also bring with it Palm’s new Facebook application, which will presumably also be made available for Pre owners."

Sounds like good news for us Pre owners.

Has this already been discussed?
    Yes. Which likely means we will see an OS update to the Pre prior to that point.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Feel free to delete / move if this is a duplicate posting.
    .... I could do that, but sometimes a quick refresher on things like this are good. I will keep an eye on this thread to make sure that it stays on topic.

Feel free to continue the discussion if you would like.
    With the Pixi launch just announced this morning as 11/15, it's my hope that we see the webOS update containing the FB app (or just the FB app in the Catalog) very soon!

Thanks to pogeypetey for the loose moderating - I'm glad this duplicate topic showed up, as I'd forgotten about the FB app shipping with the Pixi.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hopefully any new Facebook app will combine things available from either the mobile version website or FriendsFlow, but not both, such as:

- Tagging, captioning, commenting on photos
    - Viewing profiles
    - Auto refreshing newsfeed

And although I don't use it, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate FB chat. Personally, I would prefer that FB Chat be implemented in WebOS messaging like GChat and AIM.
    Wouldn't fb chat integration like gchat mean that it would appear that your always signed onto facebook? I'm not sure but that seems like a pain unless you could be "invisible". Totally agree Pillzbury that tagging captioning and photo comments would all be useful. My other suggestion would be some sort of Bday reminder for friends you could tag as actually caring about or something.
    YES!!

Automatic B-day reminder integrated into Calendar... FOR FRIENDS YOU TAGGED AS ACTUALLY CARING ABOUT.

That is a very nice request.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    Wouldn't fb chat integration like gchat mean that it would appear that your always signed onto facebook? I'm not sure but that seems like a pain unless you could be "invisible". Totally agree Pillzbury that tagging captioning and photo comments would all be useful. My other suggestion would be some sort of Bday reminder for friends you could tag as actually caring about or something.
    Well, if I'm not mistaken, you can log into both AIM and GChat, one of the two, or neither (although I haven't used chat on my Pre after messing around with it the first couple of days after I got the phone - found it was too big of a battery drain) . I would imagine any implementation of Facebook chat would be similar.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pillzbury View Post
    I would imagine any implementation of Facebook chat would be similar.
    Unless it were not integrated into the WebOS "Buddy List" and were instead only available inside of the Facebook App itself.

The beta version of "FriendsFlow" allowed notifications to be pushed down from facebook to the Pre, but only when you had the application loaded. I am waiting for the official Facebook application, so I don't know what features the FriendsFlow app has now that I have to pay for it.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    Unless it were not integrated into the WebOS "Buddy List" and were instead only available inside of the Facebook App itself.

The beta version of "FriendsFlow" allowed notifications to be pushed down from facebook to the Pre, but only when you had the application loaded. I am waiting for the official Facebook application, so I don't know what features the FriendsFlow app has now that I have to pay for it.
    Never understood why people paid for that app when you can do everything from x.facebook.com. That said I would love an integrated FB chat.
    ^ The mobile site doesn't always load properly, and is sluggish in it's "web-app-iness." FriendsFlow is no perfect jewel, either, but it's nice to have when x.facebook (now touch.facebook) is sh*tting the bed.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Yes here comes YIM and a Dedicated Facebook app ATLEAST by 11/15/09!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What the heck is YIM?
    yahoo im
    touch.facebook has done an excellent job of addressing the commenting issue... But I agree, tagging and captioning are a must. I am perfectly happy browsing the full site on the phone however.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    let's hope it comes out on or before the pixi release... can't wait!!!
    I hate to throw cold water on the discussion, but it is possible (albeit unlikely, hopefully) that the Pixi will come out with a different version of webOS and will get updated separately. So far the European Pre's have had a different version, so Palm is obviously not keeping all webOS devices in lockstep. I think this is a configuration management nightmare for them, but that's what they're doing.

I hope they change this in the future and keep everyone at the same level, but we're not quite there yet, and it's possible we might not be there on 11/15. Man, that would really suck.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I hate to throw cold water on the discussion, but it is possible (albeit unlikely, hopefully) that the Pixi will come out with a different version of webOS and will get updated separately. So far the European Pre's have had a different version, so Palm is obviously not keeping all webOS devices in lockstep. I think this is a configuration management nightmare for them, but that's what they're doing.

I hope they change this in the future and keep everyone at the same level, but we're not quite there yet, and it's possible we might not be there on 11/15. Man, that would really suck.
    Boy that would stink big time.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Possible, but unlikely. I can't see vendors wanting to support different versions of WebOS for each phone released. That sort defeats the purpose of having a bunch of phones all running the same OS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast