Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    WoodWulf,
    How about the note attached to contacts and calendar?
    So far I haven't seen an answer to this question with any 3rd party apps. It's just a little important.

Does this, or any 3rd party app, preserve/transfer/sync my thousands of NOTES ATTACHED TO CONTACTS AND CALENDAR entries?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I don't see an update on the App Catalog. The Precentral mention may be in error.
    I noticed this as well, thanks.
    I see it listed as updated today in my App Catalog, but the version number is the same as what I'm already using, i.e. 1.0.3, and it does not offer to update mine, which suggests it's the same as I've got installed anyway ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by PREtarted View Post
    So far I haven't seen an answer to this question with any 3rd party apps. It's just a little important.

Does this, or any 3rd party app, preserve/transfer/sync my thousands of NOTES ATTACHED TO CONTACTS AND CALENDAR entries?
    Actually I mentioned in my previous post that lists all the fields that the notes in the Contact are synced. The Calender notes are synced and visible as well.

Why don't you install the trial and do a test yourself to see if it accomplishes what you want it to?
    I don't know if someone from Chapura is monitoring this forum or not but I wanted to make a request that be added to PocketMirror, which I use and love.

I have made this suggestion or request in tech support at Chapura but never got an answer to my request which I sent twice.

I want to have an icon on the launcher screen for the Notes section of PocketMirror.

I don't want to have to launch PocketMirror only two have to tap on the bottom right icon to launch the Notes app that is built into PocketMirror.

I guess I would want the same thing to be added with the up and coming Tasks that is going to be added to PocketMirror.

I love that we can not sync Notes and I understand because of the way Palm did things, Chapura could not sync to Palm's own Notes and Tasks apps and had to build their own Notes and Tasks Apps to get around Palm's own version.

I think that is a valid option to get us those options since it was too hard to build it into Palm's version.

But can't we make it a little more seamless and have the Notes and Tasks app that are built into PocketMirror to at least have a shortcut on the Launcher screen to get to those built in apps without having to launch Pocketmirror and then from there get to these apps.

Can that be done? As I said at the start, hopefully someone from Chapura is listening here.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I want to have an icon on the launcher screen for the Notes section of PocketMirror.
    I second that request, that would definitely be preferable to the current means of access.

I suspect it could be patched to do so, but Chapura would probably rather do it themselves if they think about it....
    I thought the same way for at first. But now I think that if they add (as the "Coming Soon" pictures suggest) the Tasks app to the Pocket Mirror app, we functionally get 2 apps added to the quick launch bar for the price of one. But again, I understand your point, and think that they should do both!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    I second that request, that would definitely be preferable to the current means of access.

I suspect it could be patched to do so, but Chapura would probably rather do it themselves if they think about it....
    Not quite what you want, but if you go into "Preferences & Accounts" and select Notes as the Default Card, when you start PocketMirror it goes straight to Notes.

To get back to the Sync screen you then Tap the Sync button, bottom right.

Actually, I think this does 100% what you are after
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I sync between outlook2007 and my pre using pocketmirror.
    All allday-events (like birthdays that are inserted in my calender by outlook2007) are stretched to two days, holidays that go from 10. to 15. of a month are stretched to 10. to 16. of the month.
    I would be glad to have more holidays, but this doesn't work well!
    On my pc there is the same timezone as on my pre.
    Networktime and networktimezone don't work with german carriers, they don't offer this service, so i disabled both.
    Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by conum View Post
    ... Am I missing something?
    No. I had the same problem. I contacted the Chapura Support Team and got this reply:
    This is due to a bug in the Pre WebOS api. The Pre WebOS has a problem with All day events. We have made Palm aware of this bug and hope they will address it in an update to their WebOS.
    It was driving me crazy until I found out about the above reason.

10 out of 10 to the Support Team for the quick response they gave me.

Now I give 'all day' events a default time of 9am, which gets around the problem for now.
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Nice to hear you found a workaround.
    I have some hundred of birthdays in my outlook-contacts and as all-day-events in outlook-calendar. Do you really mean I should change all of this to 9am?
    I won't do that.

I think it's an error of chapura, as they use a wrong timezone while connecting to the cloud for a moment before starting to sync local.
    Has anyone lately had trouble downloading / using pocket mirror: I've used it the past couple years syncing w outlook, and have this week moved to the pre. I've attempted a new install on my pc, and downloaded the app to the pre. I'm not given an option to enter email or password, yet in a later screen, it tells me wron password entered. Any help is appreciated. thanks
    I should mention I get an error code on the pc:
    machine id invalid
    not sure what it means - hoping my IT dept can help. Just so I understand syncing w pocket mirror - both pc(laptop) and pre have to be logged in to the same wifi network. (i don't have this at home). thanks for any help
    You need to install and register on the PC first, to get your log-in data for the Pre. You will need WiFi on the PC in order to use PM.
    Any word on if we should expect the Tasks app this year on in 2010?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    Any word on if we should expect the Tasks app this year on in 2010?
    It's out today, version 2.0.

You need to download the new version from the Palm Apps Catalog, plus the updated PC prog from their Website.
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    got a mail from chapura-support. they told me that they repaired the calendar-issue (see post above).
    after downloading the newest desktop-update i had to sync, then to remove the calendar-account and then to add it again and to sync again - and it worked!
    now the only thing i would like is to have three apps for the three functions 1. sync, 2. notes, 3. tasks (and they should take others color than this childish yellow and brown)
    So just to get a short sweet to the point answer.

I need a backup solution...mainly just something that will backup everything in my contacts and then be able to report them to my phone if it crashes...What is the best software to do this with?

or is there a good software that will sync contacts from my phone plus other stuff...i havent been able to get good answers from any tech support on these software bundles.

CompanionLink USB
    Chapura
    MarkSpace
  19. mea
    Hi All,

So with Chapura, can I really sync contacts between the Pre Contacts and Outlook Contacts? Meaning, if I create a contact on my Pre, will it sync to Outloook? And if I create a contact in Outlook, will it syn to my Pre? I had asked this question to Chapura software support and they said no. I feel exposed (LOL) in that right now I feel I do not have a good way to back up my contacts. Additionally, over time, it is easier to do lots of updates to Calendar Contacts in Outlook where you can use a large keyboard then it is to make edits on the Pre. LOL, sometimes I am lazy and do not make changes like where are people working until after 10 or so of my friends start something new.

Cheers,
    Michael
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    doubleposting!?
    yes,yes,yes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast