Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RJKinsman,

Can you elaborate about the trackball mode problem. I don't yet own a Pre and have never heard of the trackball mode. Do you use the trackball mode for other apps? What about using your finger to tap on the screen to begin writing and to move around the memo. Does this pose a significant problem?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    RJKinsman,

Can you elaborate about the trackball mode problem. I don't yet own a Pre and have never heard of the trackball mode. Do you use the trackball mode for other apps? What about using your finger to tap on the screen to begin writing and to move around the memo. Does this pose a significant problem?

Thanks!
    I find the 'trackball mode problem' can happen in Pre apps too, not just the PM notes, not that I've got PM yet.

Trackerball is where you press and hold the Orange button, you then drag another finger around the screen to give 360 movement of the cursor
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    It is really difficult just using your fingertip to jump to different parts of the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    It is really difficult just using your fingertip to jump to different parts of the screen?
    Almost impossible in the WebOS Memo app, plus others. That's why they gave us the Trackball option.
    Thought of the day :
    I have no problem with Trackball mode in any other app besides PocketMirror. It works fine in memos, calendar, web forms, evernote, etc.
    Pureinstinct93, my advice to you is to go to a Sprint store when you're not in a hurry or rushed. Ask to speak to a Pre expert. Have that person demonstrate the Pre for you, and specifically ask about editing text, and trackball mode. Then play with it yourself. That will be better than any description I can give you here.
    I got the following response back from Chapura technical support:

Good news/bad news. After recreating this yesterday our programmer has fixed this problem in our Notes app. The problem is in the Tap and Hold feature. The bad new is that the fix will not be released until our 2.0 update. That update will also include our Tasks app. That release is at least a few weeks away.

Thank You,
    Jeff
    Chapura Support
    Palm Pre Outlook Sync Solution - Sync Notes, Tasks and More - PocketMirror Standard by Chapura
    Quick question folks,

I've just updated my GSM Pre from 1.1.3 to the official 1.3.1. Great I should now be able to do WiFi syncing.

However the Palm Apps catalog only shows the Echo app. I'm sure before the update I saw an app called PocketMirror.

It has been noted elsewhere that GSM users updating to 1.3.1 have 'lost' various time limited 'paid for' apps from the catalog.

Are there two different apps for the Pre, depending on your requirement of Palm Desktop or Outlook?

Thanks.
    Thought of the day :
    Good news, the new version 1.0.3 has just been released and is available in the UK Beta App Catalog.

Installed and working
    Thought of the day :
    Yes, PocketMirror syncs to Outlook. Echo syncs to Palm Desktop.
    Notes was done about a month ago?

We are still waiting for tasks?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Folks,

I posted another note a while back and didn't get any response... Has anyone setup pocket mirror on 2 desktops to sync with 1 pre? In my case a work computer/outlook and a home computer / outlook. Would I need to buy 2 licenses to try this? (The question is does pocketmirror come as an unlicensed exe or do you need a specific key to install on each box). I called Chapura and they did not formally support this config. Just wondering if anyone has tried it. Seems like it would be a common problem.

It worked 98% on my old Treo / Palm os.

Thanks for any insight here.
    Chuck
    I'd be interested in the above too.

Currently I'm doing the direct sync at home, and then using Classic & Palm Hotsync to keep my work pc in sync.
    Thought of the day :
    FYI

I've been having a problem with "All Day" events created in Outlook being duplicated on the Pre, ie adding an extra day. The duplication is not showing up in Outlook, just the Pre.

I asked Chapura Support about the problem and they said:

This is due to a bug in the Pre WebOS api. The Pre WebOS has a problem with All day events. We have made Palm aware of this bug and hope they will address it in an update to their WebOS.
    So avoid All Day event for now, or enter them from the Pre to avoid problems.

BTW, I've now registered PocketMirror. It ticks all the boxes for me.

I just love the way you can search within Notes. Can't wait to get Tasks back on the Pre too
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmidt View Post
    ... Has anyone setup pocket mirror on 2 desktops to sync with 1 pre?
    Hi Chuck,

According to Chapura's website FAQ on syncing WebOS with multiple PCs, "Currently, PocketMirror for WebOS is only supported for use at one computer."

Given that Chapura offers other sync software that does work with multiple computers, lets hope this is in the works for WebOS. I would give this development the highest priority (over notes/tasks) and would be interesting to hear what others think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    BTW, I've now registered PocketMirror. It ticks all the boxes for me.
    ChasT, Tell me if I understand how PocketMirror works syncing on your wifi.

Your calendar and contacts sync during the same syncing process however you need to sync notes separately? Is that right?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Calendar, Contacts and Notes can be set to all sync during the same sync process. Calendar and Contacts sync to an Outlook Profile that PocketMirror creates within the normal Palm provided Calendar and Contacts apps.

Notes get sync'd to a different notes app within PocketMirror, not the Palm provided Memo app.

From the looks of their preview images, the Tasks sync is going also be a new app within PocketMirror, not the same Task app that Palm provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    Calendar, Contacts and Notes can be set to all sync during the same sync process. Calendar and Contacts sync to an Outlook Profile that PocketMirror creates within the normal Palm provided Calendar and Contacts apps.

Notes get sync'd to a different notes app within PocketMirror, not the Palm provided Memo app.

From the looks of their preview images, the Tasks sync is going also be a new app within PocketMirror, not the same Task app that Palm provided.
    Tks for the explanation WoodWulf.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Does anyone know what is included in the latest PocketMirror update released today? My trial just expired and I am wondering if I should take the plunge for the full version. I checked Chapura's website but didn't find any information.

Thanks.
    I don't see an update on the App Catalog. The Precentral mention may be in error.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast