Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I was browsing the webs and find a few people who have hooked into facebook chat using an XMPP client (notably jabbim or pidgin). Is it even possible to pull the code from these projects source and apply it to the pre or is the pre stuck?

I lack basic knowledge on the various communication protocols but thought I'd ask the pros.

My favorite code: Source Checkout - pidgin-facebookchat - Project Hosting on Google Code

not sure how this works: Source Checkout - facebook-chat-xmpp-bridge - Project Hosting on Google Code

supposedly going open source after summer (i.e. now): Uživatel:Spike411/Psi – Register with Jabbim Facebook gateway – Jabber.cz Wiki
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    by the way, does anybody think palm is waiting on facebook to release an xmpp solution in order to enable chat on the pre (it still hasn't happened in a year, probably be another year)
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    guys check out my plugins here http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...yahoo-icq.html

they add many, including facebook and jabber to the IM app.

i will re-work facebook to use xmpp but for now you can try and use the facebook plugin or setup fb chat via jabber

greg