Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a refurb that was set on 1.1 so my bookmarks were not saved. I used to get the full facebook site and now I when I click on the link, it gives me the mobile version. I'd rather have access to the full version so is there anyway around this?
    I was JUST going to post about this. It just started happening within the past couple of hours because I was able to access the full site this morning. But now when I type www.facebook.com it comes up with the mobile site. Its really annoying. The MySpace mobile site is much better than the mobile Facebook site, which has a layout that is more restrictive. And the mobile MySpace has a "Full Site" link at the bottom of the page...no such luck on Facebook.
    I still get the full site. Maybe try clearing your browser cache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I still get the full site. Maybe try clearing your browser cache.
    nope, i try that, this is something new, is not the original mobile, m.facebook,com or x.facebook.com now is call touch.facebook.com my guesses are they have a new front for touch phones?

i try clearing the cache, is annoying, this happen withing about 2 hours ago, i had closed it and withing 10 minutes i went back in and it was the new touch.facebook.com url
    i uninstalled the iphone spoof agent b/c i thought that is why my broswer kept going to the iphone version even when i directed it to the regular www version. I have not checked it though since i deleted the spoof.....
    I was about to post about this too. Its really annoying. The only way I been able to go to the full site is searching on google and use a help link or something similar.
    this happened to me too. I was taken aback. The URL says touch.facebook.com. So I'm assuming they tried optimizing the website for higher end phone that weren't using x.facebook. Annoys me
    I never checked the URL, but recently Facebook 'upgraded' the experience. Seems they just redid it all, redirecting people from x. to touch.

I haven't found a workaround yet, but visiting the facebook page for Pal showed me some good info regarding uploading photos lol. Facebook® for Palm | Facebook
    just set the web browser to h**p://www.facebook.com/home.php

i used the ** instead of tt so that precentral would not convert it to a link
    ^ Thanks! I'd never hesrd of using * but it seems to be the only way to access the full site.

So anyone know who is behind this unfortunate change? Palm or Facebook?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Nooo...just noticed this morning!! But thanks whitemsoke, it worked!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I hate x.facebook.com touch.facebook or whatever its called. I had m.facebook in bookmarks but its still going to the touch page..it must of just started doing this! Facebook need to just add more functions in the touch page. Like viewing birthdays,seeing photos or status in the news feed,changing settings, make a picture a profile picture! you can't even copy and paste or save pictures from touch.facebook. It take forever to scroll to the bottom of a long message just to reply. Its not even useful it might look good but I don't like it!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I was going to create a post about this but might as well keep this going and bumping it! I should be able to have a CHOICE in which site i got to and not have to be automatically redirected to another site! if i type in facebook.com it should go there, not touch.facebook.com because that IS NOT what I typed! who are you to force me to a site I didnt choose to go to? I use FB chat alot and untill its on the other site its useless to me! I should not have to type the full HTTP but thanks to whitemsoke at least I have a way to acces FB Chat!
    I noticed the same thing yesterday and I hate it! Thanks for the new link which takes me to the full site.

Does this mean that the mobile version (m.facebook.com) doesnt work on our phone anymore? The full site is too small, and the mobile version was just fine.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I noticed this change immediately this morning. Normally I would be fine with x.facebook but you cannot see "Tagged Photos" nor can you comment/see photo comments.

Annoying!
    I didn't even notice that a change had been made because I have the full site bookmarked and it successfully brings up the full page from my bookmark.
    when i try the ** it just goes to a white screen what am i doing wrong. I dont have the iphone spoof. so why is it working on some peoples phones but not mine? also cleared cache
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    when i try the ** it just goes to a white screen what am i doing wrong. I dont have the iphone spoof. so why is it working on some peoples phones but not mine? also cleared cache
    well I tried it with the H**P:// and it went to a white screen. Then i tried it with HTTP and it when to the none moble site
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    its http and not h**p...I just wrote it that way so the forum would not convert it to a link
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I hate x.facebook.com touch.facebook or whatever its called. I had m.facebook in bookmarks but its still going to the touch page..it must of just started doing this! Facebook need to just add more functions in the touch page. Like viewing birthdays,seeing photos or status in the news feed,changing settings, make a picture a profile picture! you can't even copy and paste or save pictures from touch.facebook. It take forever to scroll to the bottom of a long message just to reply. Its not even useful it might look good but I don't like it!
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, the new touch.facebook.com is awesome!

I can see events, fotos, save fotos, make comments on statuses, look at events.

I'm really not understanding why you say you can't do these things, and I can!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast