Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taalibeen View Post
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, the new touch.facebook.com is awesome!

I can see events, fotos, save fotos, make comments on statuses, look at events.

I'm really not understanding why you say you can't do these things, and I can!
    Well until it has FB Chat integrated into it. Its useless to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesmoke33 View Post
    just set the web browser to h**p://www.facebook.com/home.php

i used the ** instead of tt so that precentral would not convert it to a link
    Thanks! That page works with m.facebook.com also. I bookmarked it. Lets hope they don't screw us sgain!
    The x. (or touch.) site looks prettier than the m. site, but lacks quite a bit of the functionality. Specifically the ability to view/make comments on pictures. I can't belive I can get a notification on the touch. site that someone has commented on a photo of mine, but I can see that same comment. ha

Thankfully, adding the "/home.php" to the bookmark has allowed me to get back to the m. site and the main site. I will be more than happy to check out the touch. version again when the functions I need are added.

The only positive is that it's obvious that Facebook has added recognition for the Pre browser. For many sites that have a great iPhone/iTouch interface set up, it will be nice if they add this recognition too.
    now the "h**p" workaround doesn't work!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    now the "h**p" workaround doesn't work!!
    The h**p workaround is for the forum, NOT facebook!

The workaround for facebook is to add /home.php to the end of the facebook URL
    Does anyone have another workaround?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy57wagon View Post
    Does anyone have another workaround?
    I have the following URL bookmarked and it brings up the full facebook site:

w w w.facebook.com/home.php

Had to add spaces between the w's so that the URL would show. If that's what you are using, I'm not sure why it isn't working.
    lite.facebook.com
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    anyone know how to access m.facebook.com again...the "/home.php" works for the full site, but not m.fb....anysuggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    I was going to create a post about this but might as well keep this going and bumping it! I should be able to have a CHOICE in which site i got to and not have to be automatically redirected to another site! if i type in facebook.com it should go there, not touch.facebook.com because that IS NOT what I typed! who are you to force me to a site I didnt choose to go to? I use FB chat alot and untill its on the other site its useless to me! I should not have to type the full HTTP but thanks to whitemsoke at least I have a way to acces FB Chat!
    This is not a function of the device (directly). The web site operators look for certain information from the browser, and redirect based on that information.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12