1.    #1  
    My Gmail synced with my pre perfectly up until a few days ago, but now email does not download to the pre. Even if click the refresh button, nothing happens, and the little activity thing where it says inbox keeps spinning.

I used WebOSDoctor to restore to factory (I never rooted, though), and the problem still happens. If I disable IMAP through Gmail, it then says my credentials are invalid, but reenabling IMAP doesn't do anything.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening? My contacts sync just fine and so does my calendar as far as I know.
    I had the same issue, twice actually. VERY annoying. The ONLY resolve that worked for me, was to delete the gmail account and re set it up. Doing that was a pain, because then it had to dl all my emails again.

But it has not happened again recently.. keeping a good thought
    i am having the same issue. i delete the gmail account restart phone then add the account and it works for about a day. the next day i get an invalid credentials message. idk wat else to do, any solutions?
    @fgcchevy : ARe you getting the little notification that says Invalid Password, or something like that. I had that too, and I traced it back to some issue with a google calendar account that I dont have. I deleted that calendar account and I no longer get that message.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    @fgcchevy : ARe you getting the little notification that says Invalid Password, or something like that. I had that too, and I traced it back to some issue with a google calendar account that I dont have. I deleted that calendar account and I no longer get that message.
    I don't have a google calendar account that I know of. Could this b a calender I have set up on my computer or a calender account on my pre? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    This is happening to me too -- same time every afternoon. I cannot trace it down.
    Add me to the list. I thought it was just me so I deleted all my email accounts and set them up from scratch and it's happening again. No password or credential issues, just endless load time with hit-and-miss loading.

Happens on individual and "all" inboxes.
    Ya, I did not have a google calendar account either so I have no idea what it was looking for. My clue was the little icon that appeared when that error came up. It was a teeny weeny like calendar/rolodex thingie. I clicked around calendar accounts and found a few google calendar accounts that I had no clue about. I deleted them, and the notification stopped.

btw Scottitude, you have a very infectious smile . And you and I share the SAME Birthday! But Im probably old enough to be your mama hahaha! Made ME smile this morning.. hehe
    Last edited by dianehelen; 10/19/2009 at 10:31 AM.
    Got through the day with no recurrence so the problem, for me anyway, seems to have resolved itself. It's a head-scratcher.

Thanks for the kind compliment dianehelen Don't know about the mama thing though; maybe a sister... A little "Just For Men" on the chinny-chin-chin does wonders