1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have just picked up my new Pre today and am having a play with it, we have old software on ours I think (1.1.3) however I am sure that it will change.

Anyway, is there anyway to use Hotmail with the device rather than just gmail, etc?

also - is there a way of managing the contacts with a PC rather than using the device as I am not too keen on the slide down keyboard.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsaunders View Post
    Anyway, is there anyway to use Hotmail with the device rather than just gmail, etc?
    You should just be able to add an e-mail account, enter your hotmail address and password, and go from there. At least that's what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by scottsaunders View Post
    also - is there a way of managing the contacts with a PC rather than using the device as I am not too keen on the slide down keyboard.
    Directly on the contacts that are on the Pre? No as there are no local contacts on the Pre. They have to sync somewhere even if they're only syncing back to your Palm Profile. I suppose you can keep all your contacts in Hotmail, Gmail, etc, then manage them via the browser interface on your PC.

One note - At least with the 1.2 release in the US, when I had my Pre syncing my Hotmail contacts I'd have big time serious battery issues. Removing the Hotmail contacts account made my batter behave much better. Since I don't use hotmail for anything other than a junk e-mail repository I don't mind not having those contacts available to me.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    You should just be able to add an e-mail account, enter your hotmail address and password, and go from there. At least that's what I did.

Directly on the contacts that are on the Pre? No as there are no local contacts on the Pre. They have to sync somewhere even if they're only syncing back to your Palm Profile. I suppose you can keep all your contacts in Hotmail, Gmail, etc, then manage them via the browser interface on your PC.

One note - At least with the 1.2 release in the US, when I had my Pre syncing my Hotmail contacts I'd have big time serious battery issues. Removing the Hotmail contacts account made my batter behave much better. Since I don't use hotmail for anything other than a junk e-mail repository I don't mind not having those contacts available to me.
    how do you sync hotmail contacts?