Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
       #1  
    Can anyone confirm that they have a contact in Gmail, with a birthday entry, that does not show up for the corresponding person in the contacts list of the Pre?

    It's affecting the Birthday app... I suppose. It's not a flaw in the birthday app if there is no birthday to pull from your Pre's contacts.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Can anyone confirm that they have a contact in Gmail, with a birthday entry, that does not show up for the corresponding person in the contacts list of the Pre?

    It's affecting the Birthday app... I suppose. It's not a flaw in the birthday app if there is no birthday to pull from your Pre's contacts.
    I'm a little confused by your "Birthday app" comment, since I don't believe there is such a thing for the Pre.

    Otherwise, it is a well-known (around here) fact that contact birthdays do not show up on the Google calendar, as displayed by the Pre... unless you go to Google's calendar site and choose the birthday calendar. It will then display the birthdays of your Google contacts, on the calendar, but it will not alert you to them.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #3  
    Birthday App = Homebrew.
  4. #4  
    I had to add the "Contacts Birthdays and Events" calendar into Google Calendar, then it synced them over.
  5. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    I had to add the "Contacts Birthdays and Events" calendar into Google Calendar, then it synced them over.
    Could you elaborate on this....

    I have Joe Smith as a contact in my Google [gmail] Contacts. He has a birthday on 1/1/75.

    When I open up my contacts list and scroll down to Joe Smith and tap his name on my Pre, I want his birthday to display on his contact card.

    How does what you suggest accomplish getting Joe Smith's B-Day into his contact card?
  6. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
       #6  
    Originally Posted by Version_3
    I had to add the "Contacts Birthdays and Events" calendar into Google Calendar, then it synced them over.
    I figured out what you were talking about and that is a kewl way to get them into my calendar, but I am still a bit OCD and want my b-day's for my contacts to show up in their respective contact card.
  7. #7  
    I dunno. I have their birthday shown in the contact details with Google, and they show up on my calendar and in the contact card.
  8. #8  
    Similar but slightly different problem here... if I add a birthday via the contact card and then view the contact in Gmail, the birthday doesn't populate in the Gmail record. Anyone know if there's a way to get that to happen?
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  9. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
       #9  
    Do birthday's display in Month View on your Pre???
  10. #10  
    If they're set up as All Day events, then by default, no. There is a patch available that fixes that though.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  11. Scratch11's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    Can anyone confirm that they have a contact in Gmail, with a birthday entry, that does not show up for the corresponding person in the contacts list of the Pre?
    I can confirm that my contacts birthdays do not sync.
  12. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
       #12  
    yea, I am noticing that no date entries sync. I tried setting up anniversary and that didn't sync either.
  13. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #13  
    you must enter the bdays into the contacts via gmail. they will then be pulled into the contacts on the pre. it wont sync if you enter them on the pre, they will not go to gmail and thus not show up in the gmail birthday calendar.
  14. #14  
    I found that after I enabled the Birthdays calendar in gmail, I had to delete my gmail calendar account on my Pre and then re-add it before the birthdays actually showed up.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
  15. dbeedle's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by muppet_funk View Post
    I found that after I enabled the Birthdays calendar in gmail, I had to delete my gmail calendar account on my Pre and then re-add it before the birthdays actually showed up.
    Same here. After moving all my contacts to google I do have them indicated in the calendar. I do not have them showing in the Birthday field in the contacts app.
    TTFN
  16. jbeen's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #16  
    Yes, I ran into the birthday data not syncing between Google contacts and the Pre's contacts last night. Hopefully this is a capability that can be added to Synergy, as it would be nice & useful.

    Trying to enter birthday data on the Pre itself isn't the most expeditious process.
  17. #17  
    This sucks. They should sync all the contact fields they have on the Pre to Google, otherwise those fields are totally senseless...
  18. rpiatt's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by samid View Post
    you must enter the bdays into the contacts via gmail. they will then be pulled into the contacts on the pre. it wont sync if you enter them on the pre, they will not go to gmail and thus not show up in the gmail birthday calendar.

    This DOES NOT happen, as far as I can tell. I have birthdays for about 40 people in my contacts (the only ones I care to track birthdays for), and NONE of them synced to the "birthday" data field on any of those contacts. Not one. In each case I had to manually enter them.

    Additionally, entering them in the contact on the Pre does nothing for your Calendar. I still have to add the "Contacts Birthdays" (or whatever it si called) under the othe calendars...
  19. samid's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiatt View Post
    This DOES NOT happen, as far as I can tell. I have birthdays for about 40 people in my contacts (the only ones I care to track birthdays for), and NONE of them synced to the "birthday" data field on any of those contacts. Not one. In each case I had to manually enter them.

    Additionally, entering them in the contact on the Pre does nothing for your Calendar. I still have to add the "Contacts Birthdays" (or whatever it si called) under the othe calendars...
    you are correct. this used to work in 1.1 but no longer seems to work. either google changed something or palm did. at any rate, it is still better to enter them on google so they show in your google calander.
  20. #20  
    I had a problem with my birthday, not anyone elses-just mine, not showing up in the birthday app. I deleted the facebook profile on the calendar & my birthday showed up again. I don't need the facebook profile so I'm not going to add it back & I don't know if it will mess up again if I do. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case it could help someone else.

Posting Permissions