1.    #1  
    Why doesn't Sprint offer Wireless Sync like Verizon does? None of the existing sync solutions (that I know of at least) work for me. Its the only thing holding me back. I'm so sick of Verizon and their lack of phone selection. BUT, their wireless sync, is a pretty good alternative for those of us without access to an exchange server but need internet based sync.

Does anyone know of an alternative or if Sprint is working on a similar service?
    Oh Snap! I edited out my original post! It was brilliant to boot. Some IT Guy I've been today! To recap:

• VZW is killing this service in late 2010 because Nokia is killing it.
    • It was developed a long time ago (in IT years) to do something that is now done for free and at no cost or effort to VZW.
    • Similar to BBs system and has similar (and more) limitations

The solution is to have your info hosted on the net on Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, ect....
    I should also mention...these are the Free solutions. You said you prefer Outlook (I understand, it's a great program). If you want to keep using that but go cloud you could pay a monthly fee to use an Exchange Hoasting service. Basicllay it is a company that runs an Exchange server that you can connect your home or work computer to (via the web) and would give you the ability to sync all of that data back to your Pre via the Exchange Active Sync service via the Internet.

I have not used any of these services myself but I do use Exchange Active Sync for my company mail/calendar and it works very well.

I have not used the below companies, just using them as examples.

Email Hosting | Exchange Email & Exchange Hosting | Mailstreet Email
    Exchange Email Hosting, Keep Exchange, Lose the Exchange Server
    Apptix: Microsoft Exchange hosting and hosted Outlook business email and mobile solutions
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/14/2009 at 10:42 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the insight ryleyinstl!

That's unfortunate. This service really works out well for me. Maybe I'm a little behind the tech curve here, but I found it to offer me better functionality than putting all my stuff in the google cloud. I like Outlook better than web based PIM.
    It's a change to be sure. However I think for those of us already using the cloud (and understanding it) the transition has been smooth for the most part.

I think the biggest upset comes from the folks who have been using PALM devices from the get go and have always used their very good HotSync. They now have to gobble up an entirely new kind of thinking.

I'm one of cloud computing's biggest fans but will admit that it's not as a robust solution (at this time) as the technology it's trying to (and eventually will) replace.

The good news is that PALM is once again at the forefront of the technologial wave, this time with webOS, so if you stick with PALM and they stick around your going to have the best hand held experience you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gamecocks View Post
    Thank you for the insight ryleyinstl!

That's unfortunate. This service really works out well for me. Maybe I'm a little behind the tech curve here, but I found it to offer me better functionality than putting all my stuff in the google cloud. I like Outlook better than web based PIM.