Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Just upgraded to Snow Leopard on my Mac.

iCal now longer syncs thru Missing Sync for Palm Pre. When I configure the Calendar Plugin, it shows no Calendars.

Contacts syncs fine.

Anyone have a fix yet?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I am a previous user of Missing Sync for the Palm. I have had Missing Sync for the Pre (Mac Platform) since its Beta release and presently have the latest paid version. Despite countless hours of correspondence with and carefully following the instructions of Mark Space technical support, I have never been able to fully synchronize either iCal or Address Book. Sometime the synchronization/overwrite fails at startup. Sometime it makes substantial progress. In all instances it eventually fails. Mark Space has been provided with verbose logs of these attempts.

The simple fact is Mark Space technical support ("support" is a misnomer) does not know what the problem is or how to fix it. Moreover, from reading these forums, it is clear that I am far from alone in suffering these issues. Given this, one has to ask why Palm is permitting this program to be sold through the App Store?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Until I upgraded to Snow Leopard, I was having occasional problems. M/S tech support was able to get me thru those problems.

I am investigating EAS. The reason is that I want to be synced where ever I am. I don't want to be tied to Wi-Fi or USB.

Since my current problems, I will accelerate my testing with Sherweb.
    Tom
    I have had the opposite experience: the persistent (but periodic) problems I had syncing the Pre to my iMac disappeared when I upgraded the iMac to OS 10.6.1 and Missing Sync to 1.0.1. Missing Sync has worked flawlessly since.
    fwiw, I paid for M/S, but I gave up on it completely and switched to Google for everything. I moved my calendar and all my contacts to Google, and both my Mac and my Pre sync with it. I also switched my email to Google via Google Apps. It all works perfectly for me now. I have ONE calendar and ONE address book, which is shared by my computer, my phone, and Google. (My Palm Pre Profile is pretty much empty.)
    I am having a problem syncing my computer and palm on missing sync, that I paid $40 for ... I am on the same wifi network.. and it says error pairing .. can this only be syncd through wifi?? and what can I do to get around this error.. b/c missing sync techs have not contacted me back!! Please help!!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrshaffer3 View Post
    I am having a problem syncing my computer and palm on missing sync, that I paid $40 for ... I am on the same wifi network.. and it says error pairing .. can this only be syncd through wifi?? and what can I do to get around this error.. b/c missing sync techs have not contacted me back!! Please help!!
    You really have to read the manual.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Tech support solved my problem. He gave me a 12 step program. All I needed was:

Launch iSync.
    Choose Preferences
    Click "Reset Sync History"
    Restart the Mac.

My calendars then showed up Missing Sync for Palm Pre - Calendar plugin.

Back in business.

---

BTW I'm testing EAS. It syncs nicely with iCal (including multiple calendars), Address Book, and Mac Mail in Show Leopard. Problem is that the Pre does not sync anything but the top level calendar in EAS. That means only the single top level calendar will sync under EAS on the Pre

Oh Well, back to Missing Sync for Palm Pre.

BTW they say that Tasks and Notes sync are coming.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    One of the problems with calendar sync on the Pre is that Palm has not fixed is the repeat forever bug.

Dear Palm, time is running out. Get the App space and calendar fixed. The exodus of the faithful is beginning.

I'll be hanging around, but I am seeing some old timers jumping ship.
    Last edited by TomD; 10/22/2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrshaffer3 View Post
    I am having a problem syncing my computer and palm on missing sync, can this only be syncd through wifi?? and what can I do to get around this error.
    Thanks to the Mark/Space support for this. If you "Bluetooth pair' your Mac or Windows desktop with the Pre via Bluetooth you can setup a PAN (Personal Area Network). Although you can not use it to tether :-( you can use the connection with the Missing Sync. You need to make sure your paired and then press connect in your network settings pane. Once the connection is active press the sync button on the Missing Sync App on the Pre. This should help those that are in restrictive WiFi Settings.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Same problems here- iCal not syncing. I've even given up on syncing subscribed calendars, instead, going to conduit settings and choosing only local calendars. And for what? Syncing times of OVER 6 HOURS! And that's if I'm patient enough to let it sit there! This is UNACCEPTABLE for a paid program. Not only is the sync SLOOOOWWWER than molasses in winter, my nerves are on end that my data will either be duplicated or deleted when it's done. Syncing is a painful "hail mary", and I paid Mark/Space for this!
    The date range thing doesn't work either- never have gotten it to.

And the calendar app? totally useless. Datebook peeps are you listening?

I am upgrading to Snow Leopard soon, in blind hopes that somehow it will all magically work then. I DO NOT want to put 10 yrs of calendar data on Google. I want everything local and should be allowed to do so. I'm a Palm die hard, but staying with this damn phone has meant lowered productivity for me by a longshot (compared to the treo).

MISSING SYNC? Are you listening? make your product function as advertised!!!!

Anyone else feel this way?
    -Frustrated
    Not sure this will help anyone but it helped me. I fought with Missing Sync and found it bloated and just not consistent.

There is a software called Spanning Sync that will sync all your info with Google (iCal and Contacts). What I did was just created a gmail account and told Spanning sync to sync all my contacts and calendars (you can pick which calendars to sync) to that account. I have it so it updates as soon as a change is made on either my end or on the google servers.

It works well...then I just use IMAP for MobileMe.

I strongly suggest checking it out and ditching Missing Sync

Spanning Sync 3 - Sync iCal with Google Calendar, Sync Address Book with Google Contacts - they offer a 30 day trial of the software
    Not sure this will help anyone but it helped me. I fought with Missing Sync and found it bloated and just not consistent.

There is a software called Spanning Sync that will sync all your info with Google (iCal and Contacts). What I did was just created a gmail account and told Spanning sync to sync all my contacts and calendars (you can pick which calendars to sync) to that account. I have it so it updates as soon as a change is made on either my end or on the google servers.

Spanning Sync 3 - Sync iCal with Google Calendar, Sync Address Book with Google Contacts - they offer a 30 day trial of the software
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by travisFC View Post

Seems to be an echo in here.

I rejected Spanning Sync early on. Because of Google's address book. It merges first, middle, and last together into a single name string. I found that unacceptable.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by udawggy View Post
    Same problems here- iCal not syncing. I've even given up on syncing subscribed calendars, instead, going to conduit settings and choosing only local calendars. And for what? Syncing times of OVER 6 HOURS! And that's if I'm patient enough to let it sit there! This is UNACCEPTABLE for a paid program. Not only is the sync SLOOOOWWWER than molasses in winter, my nerves are on end that my data will either be duplicated or deleted when it's done. Syncing is a painful "hail mary", and I paid Mark/Space for this!
    The date range thing doesn't work either- never have gotten it to.

And the calendar app? totally useless. Datebook peeps are you listening?

I am upgrading to Snow Leopard soon, in blind hopes that somehow it will all magically work then. I DO NOT want to put 10 yrs of calendar data on Google. I want everything local and should be allowed to do so. I'm a Palm die hard, but staying with this damn phone has meant lowered productivity for me by a longshot (compared to the treo).

MISSING SYNC? Are you listening? make your product function as advertised!!!!

Anyone else feel this way?
    -Frustrated
    If your sync is running that long, there is a good chance that it is doing a full sync - as if you are starting fresh. If it does that every time, then you need to open a support ticket with Mark/Space. Companies do not usually do tech support except on their own support web sites.

https://support.markspace.com/

Setup up an account and Submit a Ticket.
    Explain everything you can think of. They may ask for a copy of the Sync History.
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by udawggy View Post
    I DO NOT want to put 10 yrs of calendar data on Google. I want everything local and should be allowed to do so. I'm a Palm die hard, but staying with this damn phone has meant lowered productivity for me by a longshot (compared to the treo).

-Frustrated
    Uh, just how much data are you trying to put on the device? I heard it has some space limitations due to partitioning or something of that sort. Palm must be working on improving that and performance right now. Hopefully that will show up soon. Missing Sync, save for some nits and shared calendars is working ok for me at present however. It could be faster but I only have 750 or so contacts and I think only ones that I add or change get sync'd now which happens in a minute or so. I noticed the one duplicate I get is handled in the Synergy way which is acceptable for now.
    I've got iCal syncing with my phone. I set up iCal to sync with Google and my Pre to sync with Google. Everything on iCal sync'd up no problem.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've got iCal syncing with my phone. I set up iCal to sync with Google and my Pre to sync with Google. Everything on iCal sync'd up no problem.
    How did you get iCal to sync with Google? I am going through the preference in iCal and entering a new account with my google information, but I continually get error messages.