Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried to use it, but cannot get it to recognize my pre. Has anyone tried this new app?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I'm using Companionlink, but I've got it set up to sync my ACT! with Outlook (exchange). Then I let the WebOS synergy sync my Outlook with my phone. I've had no problems with this setup, I wonder what the USB sync might add or change for me?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I'm using it but I think there's a delay while Windows recognizes the Pre. Once it recognizes it, it will work at least for me. I have everything backep up into a new user called Palm on my computer with a password so that Windows would create a clean email program out of Microsoft Outlook 2003 that I could store just my Palm contacts in. It supposedly stores memos too but I haven't tested it yet.

14 days left on its trial period but it works very well that I can tell. No duplicates in my contacts like Chapura left me with.

G..
    You have to install the app on your PC too, then when you attach the Pre by USB cable, you have to use "USB" mode.

I tried it, but it didn't work very well, and was more expensive than Chapura, which is overpriced at $30. When Chapura started charging, I went with programs that sync outlook with google, and then Palm's google calendar and contacts sync will bring it to your phone. I have GO Contact Sync and Google Calendar Sync, and they work fine and are free.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    The product description isn't really clear to me. But what I understand for it this product is actually two products in one:
    - Companionlink for Google: Syncing Calendar and Contacts to Google and then out of the cloud into your Pre (so NO USB sync)
    - Companionlink USB for Palm Pre: By using custom build Tasks and memo app Companionlink is able to sync them over USB with your desktop memos and tasks
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I loaded and tried it today. My work IT will not let me sync my Lotus Notes to my Pre using any type of wireless setup. I've tired them all to no avail, it's either blocked with some sort of firewall and since there is no proxy setup I can't do it via wifi. I loaded the USB sync and everything appears to be working fine but nothing shows up on either calendar. I called the help line and got someone pretty quickly. We've been communicating via e-mail now for a little bit (they are very responsive) but so far no success. The way it works is you have a desktop app and one on your pre. Configure the desktop app to the calendar system you use (notes in my case) plug in your phone to the USB, and select USB. Hit the sync button on your desktop app and it will sync. I can see it gather the info from my notes and pre. Then it says success. Next do a safely remove hardware to disconnect your Pre. Then after the Pre starts back up go to the App on the pre and select the Sync button. That syncs the new info. While mine does say it has updated the right number of events I still see nothing They are working on it though and I'll report back if it works.

I know for some this may not be the best application but for me it would be great, it's my only complaint not being able to sync with my work Calendar. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get something to work since I got my Pre.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    OK reporting back with some good news. CL has been very diligent working on the problem with me. We have been working via phone and e-mail. I sent over some log files and I was sent a patch to load today. I was able to sync from notes to my pre and my pre to notes. It's a little different than the previous way we would sync (read a few more steps) but at least it works. Basically, you get another calendar in addition to Google, palm and whatever else you have on you pre called "CL USB" and that's the lotus notes info (I only do the calendar) .

I'm a happy camper now that I can get all my info from my work calendar to my pre w/o having to cut and paste it to Google Even though I realize CL has a vested interest in getting this working I'm impressed on how helpful they were. They even called me a few times to help get it worked out. I'm going to work with it a few more days then get a registered copy. I know this app may not be for everyone but for those of us that can's sync via Wi-Fi or BT it's very handy.

http://www.companionlink.com/usbsync/index.html
    Cheers,

Peaty
    With this product, will I basically be able to synch a Pre to Palm Desktop like I do with my Treo? I'm not too jazzed about the whole cloud thing.

Also, will the Memos and Tasks workaround they've built in here sync with the Palm Desktop memos and tasks?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've only tired Lotus Notes, I'll look in the drop down to see which PIM they have to choose from. I think you can with Palm Desktop but I'm not positive since it's a work and not on my home PC where I am right now.
    Cheers,

Peaty
  10. VTP
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I downloaded and started trying the CompanionLink USB Sync program yesterday. It seemed to bring in everything from my Outlook, including Tasks and Notes, which it shows in its own applications (it does not sync with or use the native Pre applications for Tasks and Memos). The initial problem that I see right now is that it did not copy over the Due Dates and Priorities for my Outlooks Tasks; in fact, it stripped the Due Dates and set ALL of my Task at level 3 (lowest) priority. Even worse, in synchronizing, it stripped the Due Dates from all of the Tasks within my Outlook! (I did have a backup of my PST file, which I simply restored.)

Couple of other minor things: their Help only appears when clicking the button on the main program window but not from any of the individual configuration screens, and when it does it gives you the Help for another application of theirs, CompanionLink for Google. Second, and it's nitpicky (but if you're going to pay $40 for a product, why not?), when you do click a task from within its Tasks application, and it brings up the screen where you can configure the task's parameters (Category, Due Date, Location, etc.), the word "Priority" is misspelled as "Prioity".

That aside, I do hope that there is a fix for the Tasks errors, because I believe that it does have the potential to be THE desktop synchronization app for the Pre for those who are not crazy about cloud computing (like so many Sidekick users right now).
    I am on the 14 day trial, and initially it was working fine. Then I had to do a soft reset because of FitTrack (the 3,400+ data points made my pre come to a grinding halt). I reinstalled both the app on my pre and the program on WinXP, and it doesn't work anymore. Talked to tech at CL, sent a log file, and the dude said he'd get back to me today. If it works, I may buy it. The task and memos workaround interface is pretty sloppy on the pre, but at least it's a start.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ewwhitehead View Post
    The task and memos workaround interface is pretty sloppy on the pre, but at least it's a start.
    Hi,

how do specifie the Notes database for the memos? I can not find any configuration for it.
    Calendar and adresses are working fine for me.

HaPe
    works fine for me but, before you hook the usb up,you click sync on the program. Then it takes a looooooooong time to check for changes(I have 700) contacts) then you hook the usb up. On computer side the sync only takes s about 30 seconds
    I am trying the CompanionLink USB solution for Pre. In fact, it is the only reason I bought a Pre. I will not have my contacts in the cloud. The USB works well, but I agree with the earlier user, in that I have about 1600 contacts and it takes forever on the Pre to get ready for the sync to my PC. I'm still in my 30 day evaluation period for the Pre and 14 days for CompanionLink. I love the Pre, but may go back to my Centro.
    Hello.

Unsure if this is the right thread or if this needs to go to the WebOS sync thread. But, is anyone else successfully using CompanionLink for WebOS USB to sync to Palm Desktop while concurrently using the WebOSQuickInstall application?

I am using the CompanionLink software to sync to my Palm Pre using a USB cable. Initially, during the 14 day trial period everything seemed to work fine so I went ahead and purchased it. However, now when I try to sync I get the message "Synchronization did not finish".

Unfortunately, at about the same time, I had installed the WebOSQuickInstall application along with PreWare and various patches. I don't know if there is something mixed up with the registration of the application or if it is conflicting with WebOSQuickInstall.

I have reached out to the CompanionLink support folks and am awaiting back a response. But, I thought if someone here was successfully using both apps, that might at least confirm it can be done.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    is it Possible to set up Exchange Server with my outlook and a gmail email?
    [QUOTE=beichst;2131214]Hello.

Unsure if this is the right thread or if this needs to go to the WebOS sync thread. But, is anyone else successfully using CompanionLink for WebOS USB to sync to Palm Desktop while concurrently using the WebOSQuickInstall application?

A quick update on this. Working with the CompanionLink support team, I was able to download an updated version of the software and that resolved my issue. Kudos to a quick response from that group. While the app can use some modest improvements, it is certainly meeting my needs so far. Timely support as well.

I synchronize outlook 2010 to WebOS and got an issue:

CL USB Sync could not synchronize the pictures of the contacts of outlook 2010 to WebOS. The other data like calendar can be tranfer quite well.
    Last edited by lamj; 02/09/2010 at 04:36 PM.
    Companionlink DOES NOT WORK with the Incredible and their tech support is HORRIBLE. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!
    Every time I try to sync, it fails and tech support says they will call back with an answer and they never do.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've been using it for quite some time now with no issues, only for lotus notes though.
    Cheers,

Peaty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast