1.    #1  
    I have 2 contacts, my Dad and Step mom, these 2 are seperate in gmail, but on my phone they have merged into 1 contact. Text messages and phone calls from either of them show as my step mother which is really annoying. Is there any way to unmerge them on the Pre?

i've deleted them both off the pre, recreated them on the pre, but it syncs them back together.

Thanks,
    -Jim
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Yeah, you can unlink them. When you click on the contact, click on the picture and select the account and click on it. A menu should come up to unlink them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschramm97 View Post
    I have 2 contacts, my Dad and Step mom, these 2 are seperate in gmail, but on my phone they have merged into 1 contact. Text messages and phone calls from either of them show as my step mother which is really annoying. Is there any way to unmerge them on the Pre?

i've deleted them both off the pre, recreated them on the pre, but it syncs them back together.

Thanks,
    -Jim
    Yes, they can be unlinked. The real question is what piece of data are they sharing that is causing them to link together? I assume they share a home phone number, but that alone isn't usually enough to cause contacts to merge in Synergy. Are they sharing any other contact info?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Yes, they can be unlinked. The real question is what piece of data are they sharing that is causing them to link together? I assume they share a home phone number, but that alone isn't usually enough to cause contacts to merge in Synergy. Are they sharing any other contact info?
    They both had accounts/contact info on Facebook, Gmail, and my work Exchange and each of them had the same addresses and shared a home phone. So i think that is is what merged them together, I unlinked per the instructions, then linked my dad into his own account. All is fine now. Thanks!