1.    #1  
    If anyone is still interested, Chapura has posted some screen shots previewing their upcoming update to PocketMirror for Notes and Tasks sync.

The image links are at the end of the first key features bullet.

Highlights appear to include maintaining Outlook Categories, Full Text search, and task grouping.
  2.    #2  
    Notes sync is now available in PocketMirror v1.0.1.

Task sync coming soon.
    Set it up and said it successfully sync'd to my Outlook on my PC, but none of my contacts are there...
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    What account are your contacts associated with? Not sure how to get contacts to go from Pre to Outlook, I think you have to do it the other way.
    No its a 2 way sync, but I am having trouble as well. When I add info on my Pre calender, I have all my calenders in view, I can't seem to get it to sync with outlook.it goes through like it sync s them all but it dosent show up.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Yes it is a two way sync, but contacts on your Pre before you install Pocket Mirror are not associated with the Pocket Mirror account and I'm not sure if there is a way to do that. Once you install pocket mirror, a new contact can be added to that account. I think the first sync only goes from Outlook to Pre, after that all changes made on the Pre or Outlook show up in both places.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Yes it is a two way sync, but contacts on your Pre before you install Pocket Mirror are not associated with the Pocket Mirror account and I'm not sure if there is a way to do that. Once you install pocket mirror, a new contact can be added to that account. I think the first sync only goes from Outlook to Pre, after that all changes made on the Pre or Outlook show up in both places.
    Well that completely defeats the whole purpose of releasing a backup app a half a year after the release of the device. =(
  8.    #8  
    PocketMirror was released week 1. It's not a backup app, but will sync both ways with Outlook when calendar events, contacts and notes exist in the profile PocketMirror creates. Do a search and you will find several of my posts that explain the process.

Edit: Here's one that includes a link to another.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 10/24/2009 at 09:26 PM.
    I guess when I want to push my contacts to a secondary median, I am doing so to back them up, hance back up. This program obviously isnt that, but no worries, I uninstalled it already. Just not what I was looking for =(

Now if it was able to store messages somehow onto a PC, then we are talking
  10.    #10  
    I hear ya there. It would be nice if there was an app that would do a full backup, across all apps, profiles/accounts for the Pre. Maybe Palm feels that since most of the major information already resides somewhere else, i.e. Facebook, MySpace, Google, Outlook, etc., it's already considered backed up. Problem is if we want messaging and third-party app info backed up, we're SOL... Maybe someone is working on a backup app.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danno1769 View Post
    Well that completely defeats the whole purpose of releasing a backup app a half a year after the release of the device. =(
    It's not a backup app. It's an app that gets your Outlook data onto your Pre without using Exchange and provides two-way sync once you get it there. The Palm Profile is a backup app.