Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had my personal Gmail and Google Apps Gmail account running on my Pre now for several months. All of a sudden, my personal gmail account stopped working, and I got an invalid password message. My Google apps email account works just fine (fingers crossed here). Both were set up as IMAP

I have tried everything, including deleting the account, and trying to set it up again both by adding a new email account and through adding it via contacts. I keep getting the same error, Unable to Sign In, and requires Web Login. I get the same error for a manual setup.

This is all very odd as it has worked perfectly for months. I have the latest Web OS 1.2.1 loaded.

Anyone else have this experience?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    My Gmail is working fine, but I am having the exact same problem with my Yahoo. Its always worked just fine up until today. Now its giving me the same invalid password msg. I reentered my password which I know is correct. I logged in on a PC to verify. I tried the same remedies as you to no avail. Its really strange. Just out the blue it stops working.
    Its kind of unacceptable for things to randomly stop working. I thinking maybe something is wrong on the Yahoo side of things but i can check my email fine on a PC or through the Pre's web browser. So I don't know what the issue is.
    I have the same thing with my gmail account.
    Any fix for this problem?
    May be a similar problem, but today I got a notification that my Facebook password was incorrect and it could not sync my contacts (despite having been working fine previously, and with no changes to the password). I entered it again and got a Login Failed error each time. While searching the forums for anyone else with the same issue, I decided to try one more time and it worked. I previously had a similar problem with my Yahoo account that solved itself with time. My advice is to give it some time and then try again.
    I had success by going in and changing my password in my Google account settings. After I did that and updated the info on the Pre it worked fine. (24 hrs and counting so far.)
    I got my Pre last night and was having the same problem adding my gmail account. I clicked the link provided by 'greenoyster' and unlocked the Captcha and was able to add my gmail account once I unlocked Captcha.
  8. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I keep getting this error for all my login accounts. First my att email, then my gmail, then my work email. Ever since the new upgrade. There has to be a bug. Also when I am texting all of a sudden my Picture app comes up with all of my saved pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    I've had this problem twice now, and this solution has fixed my problem both times. but I don't know why this problem keeps happening?
    My gmail stopped syncing regualry last Monday. It has twice since then synced without doing anything, but nothing regular. Get the little yellow triangle with the exclamation point most times it tries. Everything else is working fine with google though--calender and contact sync. And I can send emails out through gmail without any problem. I'm guessing it's a change done on google's end, but I'm not sure
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Thanks! This worked to resolve my issue!
    I had been having this issue with Google, as well. The captcha thing did the trick. Weird, though...
    I'm having the same problem today (out of the blue) after 2 years of successful use and the captcha thing is NOT working. Any other suggestions?
    My Google email works fine....My calendar and contacts won't sync from the Pre to Google, though.
    Funny - I just got "Check your login and password" for my Google account on my Veer as well. At the same time, I was logged out of my Gmail account on my computer and prompted to re-login with captcha. Wonder what happened.

Email working fine on my Veer now - re-login worked fine.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Funny - I just got "Check your login and password" for my Google account on my Veer as well. At the same time, I was logged out of my Gmail account on my computer and prompted to re-login with captcha. Wonder what happened.

Email working fine on my Veer now - re-login worked fine.
    My mother had the same "check login" on her Pre- all morning today. Resolved itself later in the day.
    Fortunately, a reboot fixed the problem for me. Whew!!!
    Same thing happened to me yesterday, deleted my Google account and couldn't log back in. This affected my emails as well as connecting to SplashTop. Going to Google.com and changing my password fixed this for my Pre- and TouchPad.
    I have the Pre Plus from Verizon. Starting late yesterday, I cannot log into my google talk account (which is a gmail login) or my google calendar account (which is actually a yahoo email address login). I have made literally no changes to the phone recently.

For both, I get an error that says my password is incorrect, but I KNOW it is correct- I can log in on my computer.

I tried deleting the google talk account, but it hangs up the phone and will not actually delete.

I have restarted a zillion times, also removed the battery just as many. The phone is also running a bit slow.

Any suggestions on what to do? TIA.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast