Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Just randomly checked my contacts list and noticed all my FB contacts are in there now. It didn't prompt me to do this.

    ***?
  2. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #2  
    It's always been automatic.
  3.    #3  
    Nah, I've been through tons of Pres and this is the first one to automatically do it. I didn't put my log-in info or anything...
  4. gage006's Avatar
    Posts
    543 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    #4  
    You had to have added your Facebook account at some point. There's no way for it to log into your brain and pull that information. You might have had it logged in a different Pre and when you copied your Palm Profile over, it brought over your Facebook account too.
  5.    #5  
    Maybe because I did the calendar?
  6. #6  
    As far as I know if you add a facebook of google account in any area of your phone it adds it to every other area that it can be.
    So Say We All
  7. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #7  
    something does seem to have changed... fb profile pics that are synced to my phone never used to update but now pics are recent...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by acidbeaver View Post
    As far as I know if you add a facebook of google account in any area of your phone it adds it to every other area that it can be.
    Which is odd, because I've added the FB calendar on my other phones too and this didn't happen.

    Whatever, I just went to the preferences menu and removed the FB account from my contacts list.
  9. #9  
    Your login info backs up to 'Palm's Cloud' so when you received your new Pre and logged in to your Palm Profile, it automatically did the sync.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  10. #10  
    Facebook has always synched for me, since launch day.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  11. mike3000's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Facebook has always synched for me, since launch day.
    Hi guys, I just got my pre today, so i have a quick question...How do i set up the phone to sync with facebook? Just add another account like i did with google? Also how do i get the facebook icon on my launcher. Thanks
  12. #12  
    I dont own a Pre so maybe you guys can help me out. Is there any way to sync just facebook pictures with your current contacts without actually pulling your entire facebook friends list into your contacts list?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3000 View Post
    Hi guys, I just got my pre today, so i have a quick question...How do i set up the phone to sync with facebook? Just add another account like i did with google? Also how do i get the facebook icon on my launcher. Thanks
    Contacts App / preferences / add account

    Quote Originally Posted by DUTO View Post
    I dont own a Pre so maybe you guys can help me out. Is there any way to sync just facebook pictures with your current contacts without actually pulling your entire facebook friends list into your contacts list?
    Not currently, however I never use the contacts app (I just use the global search... type in the first few letters of the contacts name then pick from the small populated list the more you type the smaller the list gets)
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  14. DrewPre's Avatar
    Posts
    818 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #14  
    I have the Facebook account setup in Calendar but not in contacts.

    Facebook contacts are not syncing with my contact list, but my Calendar is. That is just the way I like it and expect it to work.
  15. wodin's Avatar
    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    You had to have added your Facebook account at some point. There's no way for it to log into your brain and pull that information. You might have had it logged in a different Pre and when you copied your Palm Profile over, it brought over your Facebook account too.
    Mine does! Smart, da li'l' buggah!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Not currently, however I never use the contacts app (I just use the global search... type in the first few letters of the contacts name then pick from the small populated list the more you type the smaller the list gets)
    I don't have my Pre yet, either. What you're saying is that if I add Facebook, it will sync all my contacts on there? There's no way to have it just sync a friend list of my choosing (e.g. a list I made called 'Family')? Uh oh.

    Guess I'll have to delete all my Mafia Wars "friends".

    /Kevin
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike3000 View Post
    Hi guys, I just got my pre today, so i have a quick question...How do i set up the phone to sync with facebook? Just add another account like i did with google? Also how do i get the facebook icon on my launcher. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I don't have my Pre yet, either. What you're saying is that if I add Facebook, it will sync all my contacts on there? There's no way to have it just sync a friend list of my choosing (e.g. a list I made called 'Family')? Uh oh.

    Guess I'll have to delete all my Mafia Wars "friends".

    /Kevin
    Yes that is what I'm saying... However its not a big deal, once you get a Pre you will not be using the contacts app ever (at least I don't).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Yes that is what I'm saying... However its not a big deal, once you get a Pre you will not be using the contacts app ever (at least I don't).
    I'm sure the reason for that will be obvious once I actually get my Pre (this month I hope!), but... why do you say that?

    /Kevin
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I'm sure the reason for that will be obvious once I actually get my Pre (this month I hope!), but... why do you say that?

    /Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I never use the contacts app (I just use the global search... type in the first few letters of the contacts name then pick from the small populated list, the more you type the smaller the list gets)
    Thus eliminating the need for the contacts app.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  20. ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    Posts
    499 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    #20  
    If after you connect your facebook account to the Pre and it populates your friend list on there...can you delete the ones off the phone you don't want on the phone without deleting them off your FB Friends list?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions