1.    #1  
    So I have an interesting situation that i need help with.

Just got a new Pre yesterday (well, actually a refurb) and set up everything again just how I want it. However, when I went to relink some of my contacts, I noticed that some of my facebook contacts didn't have an account logo next to their contact name (i.e. Palm Profile vs Google vs LinkedIn vs Facebook).

So, I went into Account Preferences and Facebook only showed as having 75 contacts, even though I have over 500 in Facebook and they all show up in my phone. Odd, huh? So, I deleted facebook as an account and guess what... all but those 75 contacts remain in my contacts!

But, when I relink facebook into my phone, it only brings those 75 contacts back in and leaves my other 400+ in this mystery non-profile, and does NOT update their info (i.e. pics, emails, etc) [ EDIT -- Note that changes in Facebook actual DO update these contacts in the phone. Someone just changed a pic and it showed up correctly. Odd, huh? ]

So, somehow they got linked to a magical mystery account and I can't get my facebook contacts, and I don't want to manually delete 400+ contacts to get them to sync back correctly, and I also dont want to do a full erase on the phone (again). Any thoughts?

thanks!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 10/07/2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Update info
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Try removing the Facebook account, doing a soft reset (orange + sym + r), and then re-adding it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Try removing the Facebook account, doing a soft reset (orange + sym + r), and then re-adding it.
    Done and done, but no good. First thing i tried! Next?
    Last edited by Audemars02; 10/07/2009 at 02:18 PM.
    This would be nice to know. I have been avoiding adding my facebook for a long time now and I want to have to option of reversing the sync if needed. I was unable to delete google accounts. I have read a few people get the same message when trying to delete FB accounts.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
    This would be nice to know. I have been avoiding adding my facebook for a long time now and I want to have to option of reversing the sync if needed. I was unable to delete google accounts. I have read a few people get the same message when trying to delete FB accounts.
    This behavior is an anomoly. I have been able to delete the facebook account in the past which removed all my facebook contacts with no problem. For some reason, these contacts got divorced from the facebook account and I have no idea why!
    I'm having the same issue except facebook wasn't syncing w the 'mystery' profile nor was it syncing ALL of my fb contacts into the pre. Now I can't even manually delete the 'mystery' profile fb contavts and this is after removing fb acct from contacts, calendar, and photos.

did you ever find a soln?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    I'm having the same issue except facebook wasn't syncing w the 'mystery' profile nor was it syncing ALL of my fb contacts into the pre. Now I can't even manually delete the 'mystery' profile fb contavts and this is after removing fb acct from contacts, calendar, and photos.

did you ever find a soln?
    Unfortunately, I had to do a "full reset" of my phone and resync everything. Not ideal because I had to reload my homebrew, redo most of the preferences, etc.

Also, make sure you remove any patches or tweaks before doing this because a "full reset" does not remove these files. It may be easier to just Web Doctor the phone (that's what I would do, if I had to again)

Sorry for the bad news!