Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    earlier on wifi I used the facebook bookmark as usuall (x.facebook.com) but it loaded the full site, it had the bar at the bottom, and i could open chat and talk to people. Trying it now and its gone back to the normal x.facebook.com page (and im still on the same wifi) annoying
    time to play around with user-agent string...
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    the full facebook site (Welcome to Facebook | Facebook) now detects the palm useragent and loads the same as the x.facebook.com version.

It is so infuriating.
    That happened to me once today, but ever since, it's been working fine.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    There is no Facebook application for the Palm Pre. Facebook simply created a 'new' mobile site at touch.facebook.com. They happened to redirect x.facebook.com there* as well. This page is for many different phones.

No, you cannot see picture comments, and I found that pretty annoying as well. That is up to Facebook to add in, if they choose to. Given the current state of frustration of many of Facebook users at the new layot for the full page, it's not clear if they would add this functionality anytime soon.
    There's NO way around being redirected from the regular web version? You can do SO much more that way on the Pre. I don't even like the main site changes on a computer now. C'mon Facebook...
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    There's NO way around being redirected from the regular web version? You can do SO much more that way on the Pre. I don't even like the main site changes on a computer now. C'mon Facebook...
    Sure there is, just go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook.
    no 'Thanks'
    facebook.com/home.php
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Sure there is, just go to Welcome to Facebook | Facebook.
    This ^^ doesn't work. I had 2 bookmarks for FB: one for the mobile version (m.facebook.com) and one for the full version (facebook.com) already. I had to use the next suggestion and put in 'facebook.com/home.php' for it not to redirect me automatically. Thanks
    Welcome to Facebook | Facebook sure works for me. I use it all the time. I've got it open in another tab even. If you don't use www. Prefix then I can't say.
    whenever i click on email notifications from facebook in my email section it'll always take me to the full Facebook version. but if i type directly it will give me the mobile version
    to access the full site you can also search google for 'facebook'
    There is a good "how to" page for the Pre at Facebook for Palm.

BTW, when you enter x.facebook.com in the browser, it takes you to touch.facebook.com
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Just get friend flow
    now we can't write on the wall from our pre!?!? ...when I click on wall area to type, it closes up!!!!!I'm ****ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    now we can't write on the wall from our pre!?!? ...when I click on wall area to type, it closes up!!!!!I'm ****ed
    <Fail> I had this happen to me as well! </Fail>
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    The same thing happened to me this morning. I went to lite.facebook.com and I was able to write on that persons wall without a problem. I use the lite.facebook.com whenever I run into problems with the x.facebook. Hopefully a facebook app for the pre will resolve this in the near future.
    same thing here. I think its a problem on facebook's end again.
    Im encountering the no wall post issue too from the FB mobile.

I have no problems going to the main site, when you get an email notification for anything regarding FB, just click the link, and it will open the whole site on a new tab. Then just bookmark it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post

I can't access this any more... has not worked in the last few days... all that happens is the Pre tries to download "home.php"... VERY annoying.
    I dont like the new app.... I dont like that you cant check messages from the app..
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast