Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    got to scroll all the way to the button of a really llong msg just to reply back..and also I keep trying to swipe back which doesn't work!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Adding commenting abilities and such is grand, but the problem is that this page does not update new posts from apps like TweetDeck in a timely fashion. And more than a few of my friends use TweetDeck.

Nice try, tho.
    Actually, scratch that. It doesn't seem to include updates from TweetDeck and Living Social AT ALL.

So, the choices are incomplete mobile FB sites, a close-but-no-cigar FF paid app or a memory-devouring full site that invariably leads to me getting the "Too Many Cards Open" message when I have just 1-2 cards up.

Rats.
    This is all i've been waiting for. With webOs, no need really for a local app, now that they've improved this.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Between the full site, the mobile site, Facebook Lite, and now a usable version of x.facebook.com I'm fairly content with my ability to use FB on the Pre. Now if they could find a way to integrate the chat with the IM app I would be thrilled.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just found out about this and I think it is awesome...now I just need the Chat...
    Used this a few times since my initial post, and I am liking it a lot. I think we still need a dedicated app, because the UI is not as smooth as an app's would be. But for now, it'll do.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    About time.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    It looks better but I still prefer friendsflow
    just curious, why? seems the the whole crutch of what friendsflow was created for was to do what x.facebook.com just improved on: commenting on friends status and being able to use like. So i can't vouch for paying for what is now free to do

It just boggles the mind the friends flow says its a 'facebook client" and you can't even check your messages and 65 other things on it. Just seems to me a true client would basically do the same thing you can do at facebook.com on your desktop, but just on the Pre...........
    you guys are not talking about x.facebook.com anymore... it's a generic touch.facebook.com.

While it's much better than before--you have to manually-refresh the browser to see new notifications. I'll stick with the full page for now. I like the touch site for quick stuff, but if I'm doing a bunch of heavy stuff on the go, I sure won't be using this new page.

If it auto-updated like the full page does, then I'd probably never use it, except I want the chat too.

They really need a full-fledged application, and they need to implement fb chat into WebOS as well--and tie it all together.
    no 'Thanks'
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    just curious, why? seems the the whole crutch of what friendsflow was created for was to do what x.facebook.com just improved on: commenting on friends status and being able to use like. So i can't vouch for paying for what is now free to do

It just boggles the mind the friends flow says its a 'facebook client" and you can't even check your messages and 65 other things on it. Just seems to me a true client would basically do the same thing you can do at facebook.com on your desktop, but just on the Pre...........
    I like both but FF lets you see the photo comments and the new facebook on the web does not.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I don't understand why there is not an official Facebook app for the Pre yet. Is there talks of an app being released? Any rumors?
    I miss the old simple m.facebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaQ View Post
    I don't understand why there is not an official Facebook app for the Pre yet. Is there talks of an app being released? Any rumors?
    Yes. There is a Facebook app being developed, which will be released next month with the Pixi. Around that same time, I'd expect the app to be added to the Catalog, but it could come in an update of the OS. Dunno exactly... but next month!
    With this new Facebook app on our phones, I can't see any comments people make on photos that are uploaded. Will there be a fix to this or will it stay like this? Also, there is no more chat option and we can't see when videos are posted. Thoughts anyone?
    Sorry I'm a little confused, what Facebook app or website are you talking about that just got upgraded?

How do I get to use what you are talking about here?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

wish i had known about t his before buying friendsflow
    Quote Originally Posted by dvshyper1 View Post
    With this new Facebook app on our phones, I can't see any comments people make on photos that are uploaded. Will there be a fix to this or will it stay like this? Also, there is no more chat option and we can't see when videos are posted. Thoughts anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Sorry I'm a little confused, what Facebook app or website are you talking about that just got upgraded?

How do I get to use what you are talking about here?

Rob
    There is no Facebook application for the Palm Pre. Facebook simply created a 'new' mobile site at touch.facebook.com. They happened to redirect x.facebook.com there as well. This page is for many different phones.

No, you cannot see picture comments, and I found that pretty annoying as well. That is up to Facebook to add in, if they choose to. Given the current state of frustration of many of Facebook users at the new layot for the full page, it's not clear if they would add this functionality anytime soon.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    There is no Facebook application for the Palm Pre.

YET

There is news out today that confirms the Pixi will ship with a Facebook Applicaton, not just an icon / link in the web browser but a separate application developed by Facebook for WebOS.

It can be deduced from this fact that an update to WebOS will most likely happen for the Pre which will include the new Facebook App at/around the November Pixi launch date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    YET

There is news out today that confirms the Pixi will ship with a Facebook Applicaton, not just an icon / link in the web browser but a separate application developed by Facebook for WebOS.

It can be deduced from this fact that an update to WebOS will most likely happen for the Pre which will include the new Facebook App at/around the November Pixi launch date.
    Don't get your hopes up. Chances are, just like with EVERY other platform, program, mobile portal, etc--there will be some huge glaring omission. Whether it's push notifications, comments on status/etc, picture comments, speed/ease of use--who knows.

Just set the bar low, and you won't be disappointed. For now, between the touch.* and the full page, it's not too shabby. Although, the full page DOES eat up a LOT of battery, since it's constantly doing stuff in the background. I suppose that's why they made it so you had to manually-refresh the touch.* page--to save battery.
    no 'Thanks'
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    the full facebook site (Welcome to Facebook | Facebook) now detects the palm useragent and loads the same as the x.facebook.com version.

It is so infuriating.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast