Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    WOW. This is a big improvement. Now i wont be paying for friendsflow.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Definitely an improvement, but I don't see a way to upload photos from this page. You can always email them I guess, but it's much nicer when it's integrated.

Though I'm still waiting for the app -- would like to get real-time notifications (though I'd like to be able to choose which ones I get ... if I get another Mafia notification, I'm killing everyone who plays that game).
    Just a note, your Pre has built in ability to upload photos to facebook. It's in your photo album settings. Tap photo, in the upper corner there is an arrow in a box, click that, select upload from the drop down menu.
    Is x.facebook.com better than lite.facebook.com?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Just a note, your Pre has built in ability to upload photos to facebook. It's in your photo album settings. Tap photo, in the upper corner there is an arrow in a box, click that, select upload from the drop down menu.
    Remember, this sets up synergy which will import all Facebook contacts into your phone.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I hope this new facebook mobile isn't an excuse for Palm not to make an official facebook app.
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Yea the upload from photo on thing on the pre is awsome. Its so easy.
    Awesome, having a updated Face book mobile to use on my pre and I think I highly doubt will won't see a app until next year.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    If you guys want you can bookmark this new facebook site onto your launcher. Then change its bookmark icon to an official facebook icon and hey you got yourself a real facebook app!.....well kinda.

click the thread link in my sig below for this neat trick.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    win!
    Yea i dont understand what a facebook app would do that this doesnt? I already put it on the launcher and it already does everything. Unless they add facebook chat i guess.
    Nice! Seems like we don't need a facebook app anymore. It has email and everything. Unless I'm forgetting an important feature this one can't do.
    we still need an App because x.facebook.com isn't exactly accurate on updates, nor does it look nearly as user friendly as the beginnings of the facebook app Palm demoed on Pixi... anyhow it seems some of the missing status updates im having are unique to certain friends and also seem to coincide with them using the iphone app (not a joke)
    The pre has built in Facebook photo upload ability right in the photo app.

Definitely an improvement, but I don't see a way to upload photos from this page. You can always email them I guess, but it's much nicer when it's integrated.

Though I'm still waiting for the app -- would like to get real-time notifications (though I'd like to be able to choose which ones I get ... if I get another Mafia notification, I'm killing everyone who plays that game).
    Thanks for the heads up. I had stopped using FB on the pre, instead tether to ipod touch and use the FB app there, but this is decent enough to use on its own.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Can't seem to delete inbox messages....
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    Nice! Seems like we don't need a facebook app anymore. It has email and everything. Unless I'm forgetting an important feature this one can't do.
    It would be nice because an app would auto-update and possibly send you notifications. In my case, I get very few notifications, so it wouldn't be a nuisance, so it'd be nice to see when I got a message or someone made a comment. An app would also have much better photo viewing functionality. You'd have to use the iPhone app to understand how it's a much smoother experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    If you guys want you can bookmark this new facebook site onto your launcher. Then change its bookmark icon to an official facebook icon and hey you got yourself a real facebook app!.....well kinda.

click the thread link in my sig below for this neat trick.
    Sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    way better

however if you follow the Notification to someone commenting on a Photo - it takes you to that general photo album instead of the specific Photo commented on
    Yea I noticed this also.
    It would be nice because an app would auto-update and possibly send you notifications. In my case, I get very few notifications, so it wouldn't be a nuisance, so it'd be nice to see when I got a message or someone made a comment. An app would also have much better photo viewing functionality. You'd have to use the iPhone app to understand how it's a much smoother experience
    I get notifications nonstop. I hate them all stupid things. If someone sends me a message i have facebook set to send me it in email.
    it looks great and also myspace mobile updated too now you can use the IM on it its really cool and well made
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast