1.    #1  
    It seems after all the updates i still can't(and the three other pre's on the the server) forward a whole message. It only sends about 5 line the the forwarded message. I can send the whole thing if I hit reply and delete the senders name and then add the name of the person I want to send but that could lead to trouble. My contacts don't always sync either. Any suggestion? I have full access to my I.T. guy so if I need to make a change there I can. I just want to get this fixed. It seems silly that my i pod touch (just a over hyped music player) handles exchange better than my smart? phone. Thanks
    I just tried this and basically I'm seeing the same thing. The Pre is adding the e-mail, or at least the body of the e-mail, as an e-mail attachment - a .EML file. When forwarding to external users something seems to be stripping off the .EML attachment so that all that shows up for the external user is basically the header info. For me I'm guessing that's either our virus scanner/SPAM filter or the Gmail servers I sent the e-mail to. When forwarding the e-mail to an internal user, someone on the Global Address List, the information shows up, just as an attachment (the .EML file).

You might want to get in touch with Palm and see if this is "working as designed" or if this is a possible bug.

--edit - P.S. - I'll have one of my coworkers that's using an iPhone try to forward me an e-mail from their phone to see what happens. I'll report back tomorrow.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  3.    #3  
    Getting my I.T. guy to talk to palm tomorrow. I just finished restoring my phone that i thought I pouch trying reinstall some patches. I will post what palm has to say.
    I've confirmed it is something in Palm's implementation of EAS. I had a coworker forward me an Exchange e-mail from his iPhone and it came through intact. I'll see if I can put a post in Palm's forums asking about this.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I just forwarded a message on my Pre form my Exchange 2010 back-end system (.mil) to my Exchange 2007 back-end sytem (.com) and it came through fine. I will try again with a longer message.

What are you using as your back-end mail system for your Pre and what is being used at the destination?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    What are you using as your back-end mail system for your Pre and what is being used at the destination?
    I don't know about the OP but in my case we have Exchange 2003 as the back end. When forwarding to my Gmail account I get only the header info and whatever I've typed into the message, not the entire message. When forwarding to another account on Exchange (my own account in this case), I get the header plus whatever I've typed in with the original e-mail showing as a .EML attachment.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    I don't know about the OP but in my case we have Exchange 2003 as the back end. When forwarding to my Gmail account I get only the header info and whatever I've typed into the message, not the entire message. When forwarding to another account on Exchange (my own account in this case), I get the header plus whatever I've typed in with the original e-mail showing as a .EML attachment.
    I get the exact same thing all time to anybody i forward to on and off exchange. example below there should a whole body of text there that is missing. If things look weird i deleted stuff randomly hope you get the point personal work stuff in there.

Forwarded email

Test

-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;

Subject: RE: Llyoister

Now this is what I get if i reply to the email but erase the reply address and add my name

Reply email

test

-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;

Darcy McKibbin
    Tristar Resource Management Ltd.

Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:38 AM
    To: Darcbbin
    Subject: Llyonister

Hey Darcy, how arhis number off of you to call him back and confirm that the boys should be done on Thuris was for you. Thanks Darcy.

Sean Yeaman
    General Manager

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmeltzer View Post
    I just forwarded a message on my Pre form my Exchange 2010 back-end system (.mil) to my Exchange 2007 back-end sytem (.com) and it came through fine. I will try again with a longer message.

I am getting this info right now.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I just sent a VERY long email from the Pre to my Comcast and Gmail accounts. In both cases, it came through fine. Again, I am running Exchange 2010 as the back-end mail system the Pre is synching against. That may explain why mine is working fine....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    I've confirmed it is something in Palm's implementation of EAS. I had a coworker forward me an Exchange e-mail from his iPhone and it came through intact. I'll see if I can put a post in Palm's forums asking about this.
    I run my ipod touch right beside the pre and it forwards perfect. Kinda ****ing me off!!
  11.    #11  
    yeah we are running a Kerio mailserver
    Quote Originally Posted by syeaman View Post
    yeah we are running a Kerio mailserver
    It looks like Kerio is an Exchange knock off so that would explain the similarities.
    Terry Rodecker