1.    #1  
    It synced about 15 songs and then this popped up "Attempting to copy to disk "PALM PRE" failed. An unknown error occured (-69).

Can anyone help me as to why it wont sync? I have a an older version of itunes about 2 itunes updates ago.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    The solution is to stop using Itunes. What do people see in Itunes? It is slow, laggy, bloated and lacks basic functions.

If you really want to use Itunes try deleting the Ipodcontrol folder on your Pre then try to sync again. I would uninstall Itunes and all the other junk it puts on your PC though. Download something like J River Jukebox.

Media Jukebox: Free J. River Media Jukebox software

Where is the Ipod control folder?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    You have to change your settings to show hidden folders then you will see it when you browse the Pre USB drive.
    Ummm okay?

Anyone else have an easier way to fix this problem????????? This is my third pre and I never had a problem syncing with the other two.
  4.    #4  
    anyone?
  5.    #5  
    Has anyone or does anyone have an issue with this?
  6.    #6  
    crickets......anyone?
  7.    #7  
    Can anyone help me fix this?
    -69. lol..........
    - Click on Start –> Control Panel –> Folder Options.
    - Click on the View Tab and check the button “show hidden files and folders” and press OK.
    - Go into the Pre folder (My Computer -> Palm Pre icon) & delete the IpodControl folder.

But this error is most likely due to a bad file. Try syncing again and pay attention to the top bar (where the sync is displayed). Pay attention & see which file is syncing right as you get the error. Delete that mp3 & try syncing the rest.
    Follow Me On

10.    #10  
    delete
    Last edited by AlwayzRight; 10/07/2009 at 04:15 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    - Click on Start –> Control Panel –> Folder Options.
    - Click on the View Tab and check the button “show hidden files and folders” and press OK.
    - Go into the Pre folder (My Computer -> Palm Pre icon) & delete the IpodControl folder.

But this error is most likely due to a bad file. Try syncing again and pay attention to the top bar (where the sync is displayed). Pay attention & see which file is syncing right as you get the error. Delete that mp3 & try syncing the rest.
    Thanks syphon ..you are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like it was a bad mp3...its wierd that file synced with my other 2 pres.
    after accidently downloading itunes 9 it would not pick up the pre, i had another program open listening to music and it picked up the pre with no problem is looks similar to itunes is called winamp. try it.....i love it
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Thanks syphon ..you are the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like it was a bad mp3...its wierd that file synced with my other 2 pres.
    Glad to hear that it worked.
    Follow Me On

14.    #14  
    Update.......this does not work.. have had to delete about 30 songs so far just to keep the downloading going? What is the deal with this? Anybody know...It didnt do this on my last Pre....and yes I have an OLD version of itunes.
  15.    #15  
    Wow.......so nobody here has had or knows how to fix this problem.